Rachel's Promise...

And Then There's You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minyoung and Jaewook walked at the station hand in hand in the wee hours of the morning. He was holding her luggage in one hand.

DH: Minyoung ssi...Jaewook ahh...take your time to say goodbye. We'll be right there at the coffee shop okay...(pointing at a small shop about 10 feet away)

MY: Thank you so much...and, please just talk to me casually...

DH: The next time...the next time you come visit us, I will talk to you casually...is that okay? (Giving Jaewook a meaningful look...Jaewook nodded and smiled)

MY: Yes, of course. Thank you so much for your hospitality...and for taking care of Anna. 

JS: Please send my regards and thanks to Sica aswell...okay? Minyoung...

DH: Ah...already friends, I see.. (referring to his wife calling Minyoung by name)...

MY: Keromyeo...yes, Jessie unni, I will tell her...

Minyoung hugged Jessie and they all went to join Anna at the cafe, giving her and Jaewook their privacy. It was still dark and they stood at the corner...Jaewook was awfully quiet...

MY: Namchinnnn....(aegyo...tugging at his hand...that was holding hers)

JW: Mmmm....(still looking down...)

MY: You're not even looking at me? We're about to say goodbye here...

JW: It's...not easy.  But you...are always so cool with goodbyes...

MY: I am?

JW: How do you do it? 

MY: I guess I just hide it better...I wanna look cool in front of you, maybe? Haha...

JW: Tchh!...(trying to smile)

JW: You did so well at the last filming day too...I was a total wreck...and even now...

MY:(trying to coax him)...coz I've done what I came here to do...it makes parting easier...

JW: Hmmm...to get back together?

MY: Yes! To get my saja back...and...

JW: And...?

MY: To claim more parts of his body...(casually...)

JW: More parts...?(suddenly realising...)...ahhh....(looking around afraid others heard it...)...Deokmi ssi, what are you saying right now?

MY: Hik hik hik...there..! Finally a smile....yeppoyeo...(touching his face)

Jaewook smiled shyly...remembering their time last night...

MY: But I'm serious...

JW: Huh?

MY: Those parts are mine...hands off to others! Men or women! Promise?

JW: Minyoung ahh...

MY: Adding to those I claimed earlier...your hips, chest and are all mine now...more to come...hahaha...

JW: Arghhhh...Yeochinn! (taking her further from the group) What if they hear you? (panic)

Minyoung laughed out loud at his reaction...he just smiled sheepishly at her antics. The announcement for her train's arrival was suddenly heard...and they stopped laughing. He pulled her in for a hug...enclosing her petite frame into his tight embrace...

MY: Ahhhh...your hugs are just....made for me...this hug is mine too, oppa...

JW: Arasso...(getting emotional)...everything is yours...

MY: (Pulling herself away from the hug...and looking into his eyes)...Mine too, all yours...will you keep that in mind the next time we meet? (teasing him)

JW: (smiling lovingly at her)...Katkoshipeo..(I want it...)...hahahah...

MY: Hahahah....(hugging each other again)...I will miss you...

JW: I already do, ottohke?...(kisses the top of her head and held her hand again, waving at Dongho, Jessie and Anna to join them)

MY: I will call you when I get there...

JW: You'd better...(pinches her cheek playfully)

They all came and joined them, checking their luggages and making sure everything was there. It will be a long journey for the girls and they wanted to be unnoticed. Minyoung put on her mask and hat and Jaewook helped her with her coat. 

DH: It's almost here...(looking at the platform)

Minyoung tugged at Jaewook's hand again and he turned to hug her one last time. Dongho, Jessie and Anna pretended to look elsewhere and started chatting...

JW: Thank you, sweetheart...

MY:(rubbing his back...)...for what?

JW: For coming here...for being with me...and (whispering)...for last night...I was really happy...really...

MY: Cham! What happened to the shy guy just now? Haha!

JW: He is still here...but he wants you to know how he felt...

MY: Me too...haenghbokhaessoyeo...(I was happy)...call me okay...(reluctant to let him go)

JW: You bet...I love you...

He gave her a short peck on her lips over the mask, and helped her to get on the train. Both the girls got into the coach and he tried to follow them as far as his eyes could see...but after a while they disappeared from his sight.  Will it ever get easier? he thought...

DH: It doesn't get easier, Jaewook ahh...it's worse when you go back to your empty home...

Dongho said, looking at Jaewook, as though he could read his mind.  

JW: How did you deal with it hyung?

DH: Me? I married her...(turning his head to his wife, who smiled at him knowingly)

JW: Ahhhh....of course...(How I wish it was that easy...)

6.05 am. She left. Jaewook felt a sudden hollowness in his heart left by her parting. He turned and saw Dongho eyeing his behaviour.

JW: Hyungg...

DH: Mwo?

JW: I'm crashing at your place tonight! 


          🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤


In the business class, on a flight heading to Incheon, South Korea, from Osaka, Japan, a woman was going through the Labit fandom instagram feeds...going through the history of the couple. So this is what the hype is all about...she smiled cynically and put down her phone. A flight attendant walked by.

FA: Im Yuri ssi...would you like a drink? 

YR: I'm fine thank you..

FA: You are more beautiful in person...photos don't do you justice...I'm a fan...

YR: Oh...thank you for your support...

FA: It's been quite a while. Are you travelling to Korea for work?

YR: No...I'm going on a personal matter...(smiling)

FA: I see...have a comfortable time in our flight, Yuri ssi. Just buzz us if you need anything...

With that she continued walking and Yuri put on her sleeping mask. It has been 3 years since she had last seen Jaewook, her heart was suddenly beating fast in anticipation. They dated after starring in a film together.  She, an idol turned actor...and he, an experienced actor for doing unconventional roles. Their attraction was almost instantaneous...she knew he was the one for her...and it progressed pretty quickly...so quickly that she backed out...she wasn't ready to be tied down. She just got into acting after leaving her idol agency.  She was getting to the peak of her career and marriage didn't fit into that plan...at least not then.

But Jaewook took it hard...her decision devastated him. He was not one to slowly drift apart...it was either 'on' or 'off' for him, he doesn't do 'in-betweens'. After almost a year together...he left right after Yuri made her decision...and had never contacted her again...until this day.  Yuri let out a long sigh...you are really cold-hearted oppa...but

YR: I always believed you'd come back. What we had...should have brought you back...

But it didn't...Yuri decided that three years of waiting was enough. Looks like it's not gonna happen unless I do something. This rumour about him and Park Minyoung was very unsettling, and she could tell that Jaewook was getting interested in her. She saw the look in his eyes when she was around and his actions...they reminded her during the days they were flirting. I have to step in before it's too late! Now that my career is stable, my life is only missing you, oppa. The only man I truly loved, love...still. I don't believe you have forgotten me completely oppa...your heart may have erased me, but your body might still remember my touch, and that is a good start....she smiled, thinking of the times they spent together...I'm sure of it! 

Looking at pictures of Minyoung, her confidence grew. We are too different...your taste has changed so much oppa? I am not convince

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter