Road to his heart

Frienemy Switch

Waking in the early morning, Baekhyun move to that hotel bathroom to take his shower and get his fancy suit because the conference will be held early this time and he must take the road directly to the BBH hotel, he take his bag and move outside the room, he stopped looking at the room 102 thinking of what happened yesterday, thinking of the words he heard from Chanyeol when they first met after years.

 

Frowning and move down to the hotel entrance shaking the idea because if not him he would be still living in peace now, yes he know he was delaying his chaos as he once said but he was willing to give everything up to his family to leave him alone just with the hotel he own he will live his life..

 

at that time that was the option.

 

But no he went aboard finish his studies in a then met his grand father who happily ask for the lawyers and the council immediately to gathered in a secret meeting and give him everything to die in peace knowing he fulfilled his wish, and yes he did died not much after, telling Baekhyun one last thing ‘don’t be like us and try to unite this family even if they don’t have goodness make them see yours and change so please don’t harm them and try to make them like you’ well to be honest he tried but end up much worse, they hated him more they even tried to kill him and hired people he didn’t imagine to do things to him l, people that he was start to get close to him in the company so he decide to play the same and now he officially can’t trust anyone...anymore...even if his step brother steal so much from the shares at first he gave back everything after when he didn’t cause him of anything even if he know he knows..he start to be obedient and like a secretary to him but even that won’t erase what he did bad, no one gain trust that easily.

 

 

Arriving to the hotel entrance Baekhyun saw his old driver coming running to him to take the bag, he smiled seeing the familiar face “Junmyeon” he called 

and the driver replied with “Sir glad to see you well” 

“How have you been?” Baekhyun asked while moving along side with him to the door car 

“Good sir! Your step brother ask for a trustworthy driver from the BBH so I came as fast as I heard it you who I will pick, am really happy to see you again”

 

And the words make Baekhyun smile he get in the car and hit the road

 

 

 

>><><><><><><><><><<

 

 

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

“YAA! Chanyeol wake up”

 

Turning in his place in laziness he start to wake hearing the door about to get broken he stretched his arms but immediately thinking of the long road he should drive.

 

He jump from his bed and open the door to Rain who stormed in with complains “Am NOT GOING TO WAIT YOU”

“Sorry i was awake the whole night! Changing sleep place is hard for me” he lied because the whole night he was fantasizing with Baekhyun and the conversation he should have with him that he didn’t find the sleep at all.

 

Rain frown “I go first I called a ride and it waiting for me see you there” he left the room after leaving Chanyeol nodded to himself, well Rain always do that, he doesn’t like a late person he call that bad omen for his luck

 

He went in the bathroom to take a shower as fast as he can wearing casual clothes for him to drive more comfortable he took his own sport car and drive as fast as he can to not miss the conference.

 

 

 

>><><><><><><><><><<

 

 

 

Looking at his phone to check for the news that was all about the incident and the new location of the conference Baekhyun throw his phone next to him and look at the window seeing the green grace on the road, he wish this day will go well for him to leave at tonight flight, but he sure it will because it his own hotel after all they won’t allow any mistake and he know that.

 

But those positive thoughts shut down immediately when his own car he was ridding start to slow down!

 

“What wrong?” Baekhyun asked looking at the driver

“Sir I don’t know I will pull over and see” Junmyeon said and did as he said and then go back to Baekhyun knocking the window glass and the other move it down 

“Sir the fuel was leaking all the way i found a hole in the car! Am sure I checked it before I left the city”

Baekhyun roll his eyes with a huff “damn the conference in two hours” he said taking his phone 

“Sir if you call another car it will take 3 hours to arrive here and other two to reach there so you will be late with 3 hours! If I call a car from the BBH it will take 2 hours coming here and going back so you will be 2 hours late”

 

“Damn it!” Baekhyun said thinking that he will be late two hours maximum in any case he frown in anger “you can’t fix it?”

 

The driver shake his head a no “sorry sir”

 

Baekhyun know it not his fault, so he just decide to call the BBH 

 

“Em!” 

 

He heard the driver saying then a smile was on his face now “hey!” Baekhyun look at the back and saw a cool sport car stopping behind them and a specific tall man come out from it, he immediately turn around with “why he is here?” He said but then he know Chanyeol was at the conference and he should be there, happily his car have a black glass he close the window and look at the two talking

 

“Junmyeon! It’s been a while” Chanyeol said hugging the man in a manly way “Is there a problem?”

 

Junmyeon nodded with a pout “yeah the car got damaged and I need to arrive at 2 hours”

 

Chanyeol nodded understanding “Damn” he move to look at the hole and it was weirdly damaged like some did that “that weird!” He look at Junmyeon “you should call a carrier truck for sure! But if your late leave it here I can give you a ride”

 

Junmyeon look at him then Back at the black glass window “not me actually! I can wait here but he need to arrive for sure” 

 

Chanyeol raise an eyebrow looking at Junmyeon, he then realize he work as a driver then he must be having a customer “Ooh yes sure if he can trust me to give him a ride”

 

Junmyeon smiled “why he wouldn’t?” He move near the door and open it and he saw Baekhyun shaking his head a no 

 

“Oh! Sir! but you will be late! The conference is a live broadcast you can’t let the whole world wait you?”

 

And Chanyeol hearing the ‘conference’ word he move and take a peek “B..Baekhyun!” He said with a wide surprised eyes “wh..” he wanted to say something but the words didn’t come out from the surprise!!! is this universe helping him somehow? First the invitation then the fire then the hotel and now this car?

 

“No need I will wait the car I already called” Baekhyun said looking in front of him not even turning

 

“But sir!” Junmyeon begged “you will be late and you know him since 5 years old!”

 

“Junmyeon! Know your place or...!” Baekhyun said with a sharp voice and a deadly glare to the driver who back immediately with a nodded 

 

“Seriously!” Chanyeol said “you scold that guard back then I won’t let you do that to him!” He move inside the car where Baekhyun was

 

“YAA!” Baekhyun said sliding to the other side but Chanyeol grab in his arm and made him slide back “WHAT THE..” He yells when Chanyeol start taking him out of the car 

 

Chanyeol laughed when the push him easily and make the other out, he is good at fighting YES but the body really play a big role in this.

 

Baekhyun catch the door car in one hand while the other was being catch by Chanyeol “HOW DARE YOU” He scream and want to hit Chanyeol but he realizes it was a stupid move because he left the door who was holding him from the pushes, and make himself an easy target because Chanyeol catch the other hand too

 

“It the best for you, you know” Chanyeol said stoped dragging him, with a smile still in his mouth

 

 “Listen i don’t c...” Baekhyun tried to explain when Chanyeol stopped dragging him but he saw him moving down and in a second he was on the air “YAAA!!!” Baekhyun yells hitting the taller shoulder 

 

Chanyeol look at the driver who was laughing with “I take care of him from here” and he move to his car

 

“PUT ME DOWN YOU IDIOT!” Baekhyun screamed and he did got put down but next to Chanyeol car 

 

“Get in” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun glare at him pushing him and want to go back to his broken now car

“Baekhyun STOP BEEING STONEHEAD!” Chanyeol screams slamming him back on his door car and leaning his own tall body on the smaller, and that close position that scratching feel of his legs make Chanyeol heart explode like a nuclear bomb, pinning him in that position, looking at his eyes, he remember the last time he was this close...he remember what he did to make him run away without coming back, he felt the short one froze, he is sure he made him remember that day too

“I don’t want you to have bruises from all the pushing” Chanyeol said moving his hand and touch Baekhyun arm gently “Am sorry” he look at his eyes to find him looking at him like there was a mental fight inside of his brain

“Baekhyun can you give me a chance” he said with low voice closing his eyes and leaning his forehead on Baekhyun forehead slowly till they touched

 

And silence englobe the space between them...at that position but now he was looking at him...Chanyeol waited, just waited for an answer hoping his heart will reach him, hoping his feelings will reach him, hope those looks into each other eyes could make him read his true intentions and tell him what he really want  

 

But the answer he heard hurt his heart but also give him so much hope 

 

“Will you drive me to the conference?”

 

Even if he didn’t say yes, He didn’t say no! Chanyeol accept that as a chance to show him more so he just nodded and slowly move away from him and open the door for him to get in.

 

Baekhyun gets in, and Chanyeol close the door and run to the other side, the moment he start the engine he look at Baekhyun and smiled moving closely to him. Baekhyun have this aware movement but he saw him moving to take the seatbelt, seeing him securing him there. He doesn’t know what that feeling he had, those eyes of him were screaming forgiveness, but he know back then! He didn’t do anything, it wasn’t Chanyeol fault, it was his fault because he waited something from someone who he never said he liked him, who he never said he was lying at him, who he never said he wasn’t playing with his heart...but still Chanyeol is trying to approach him even after what he said to him at the center hall restroom, he can’t deny he didn’t forget him, his mind was having a mental break down in the airplane the first day he left crying as a baby and that hard to forget.

 

Forgetting that he was staring at him the whole time when he was thinking till he heard “you know I will ask what are you thinking if you keep staring at me like that” 

 

And that when Baekhyun turn immediately at the road “nothing! I just....” he stopped not knowing what he should say? The truth? The lies?

 

“No need to tell me anything Baek!” Chanyeol said with a soft smile he doesn’t want to push him one time is way enough for today when he ask him for a chance

Hitting the road in silence they were about to arrive at the hotel when Baekhyun finally spoke “Chanyeol” and that name being called made Chanyeol stomach feeling rainbows for sure 

 

“Yes?”

 

But he didn’t get any answer after this he just look at Baekhyun for slight of second before looking back at the road and he saw a sad expression on his little face, he didn’t want to ask again he just stayed silent too.

 

 

>><><><><><><><><><<

 

 

Chanyeol first stop was at the BBH hotel, he couldn’t be late more it was 09:52. the place was already crowded and the reports ignore his sport car thinking his just a guest in the hotel

Chanyeol smiled “sport not expensive car privilege” he look at Baekhyun “Am not even wearing properly I will head back home then come back you can go in”

 

Baekhyun look at him “you have your suit from last time you can change at the hotel”

 

Chanyeol teases “now you don’t want to let me go?”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “favor for a favor you give me a ride also going in with someone wearing casually is beneficial”

 

Chanyeol nodded agreeing and the two get out of the car, along with Chanyeol suitcase, the reports didn’t give a damn who they were, also since Chanyeol isn’t known face yet it was like they were extra, and that made them getting in faster, arriving at the entrance where the invitation should be giving, the guards and the workers immediately start to bow and that definitely get everyone intentions seeing who they were so excited to see and just let them in without even searching them

Among the waiting for there turn Rain was there and he was shocked seeing Chanyeol going in like that without a single look in his clothes since it is SO CASUAL with the guy who scold the guard

 

 

 

“Sir!” 

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun look at the manager who came fast and hug Baekhyun and Baekhyun did hug him back he felt happy seeing a face never did bad to him, never hurt him

 

“Glad you’re fine and all grow now!” He look at Chanyeol “also glad you two together, he was coming everyday like a crazy looking for you and asking everyone around for a year till the announcement of your heritage came out”

 

Chanyeol look down in embarrassment when Baekhyun turn to scan him, 

 

“Your house is ready if you want to take a rest before everything will start” the manager said and left the two with a bow

 

Standing in front the elevator his own elevator that he used since childhood he smiled pushing the 120 number

 

“Chanyeol!” 

 

The two heard a name calling and Chanyeol was fast to hold the elevator door before it get close 

 

“Kyungsoo!” Chanyeol said moving out and hugging his best friend and the action made Baekhyun hold the door for him and even glare at the two hugging in front of him

 

“it been a month I didn’t see you, but the smile you have now is one I didn’t see in a while any good news?” Kyungsoo said hugging him back 

Chanyeol nodded “why your here?” 

“since it quiet these days they call all the unite to have eyes after the fire in the center city hall big events always the worst” Kyungsoo explain but then look at the elevator “OH!” He gasp when he saw Baekhyun “b..b..” the name didn’t left his mouth 

And baekhyun politely had this one nod that could count as a respect bow “Kyungsoo”

 

“YOU GUYS TOGETHER FINALLY” he screamed hugging Chanyeol “I was praying for you since he left, i told you your smile is different!” 

 

Chanyeol laughed awkwardly “no actually...”

 

“You need to Change” Baekhyun said with a serious voice and Chanyeol stoped nodding fast “yes, Kyungsoo let have lunch after”

 

The other smiled nodding to them “see you around, call me”

 

And Chanyeol move inside the elevator who got closed and all the way up 

“His a policeman now?” Baekhyun asked out of curiosity 

“Yeah! He did it” Chanyeol said in excitement 

“You?”

“Am a music producer, we all achieved our dreames”

“I see”

 

He saw the slow nod from Baekhyun that he didn’t like “what wrong?”

“Nothing” 

Gaining a shrug after that ‘nothing’ from the short, Chanyeol though if he shouldn’t say that dreams subject became he know Beakhuun never have one to begin with, the elevator door got opened and the two find the house welcoming them with his same fourniture, Chanyeol smiled remembering the last time he was here but his smile fade when he saw Baekhyun stopped “you okay?”

 

“Yeah use the guest room” Baekhyun said “I will be down” he move back to the elevator 

 

“Baekhyun” Chanyeol called and a moment of silence englobe the place again 

 

“whatever happens today I will be there...for you”

 

Seeing the other face disappeared with the words when the elevator doors got closed

 

Baekhyun 

 

 

Smiled...