Hospital

Frienemy Switch

Standing there, feeling very bad, what he did? He doesn’t remember, no one said anything to him because what matter now was Chanyeol who lost conscious immediately when he came back to his sense, he was losing a lot of blood as they said, but he didn’t see him for longer because Xuimin immediately close his eyes and hold him tightly to not see it, well he know, he know Baekhyun condition since childhood...he hate blood...he hate to see anyone close hurt...

 

Anyone close...

 

Close?

 

Chanyeol is a ‘close’

 

Maybe...

 

 

 

“Hey kids! Your parents must be worried” Jongin father said wearing his uniform, surprisingly he found his son in the fight the restaurant workers call the police for, but they all said the gang start fighting first and the kids didn’t do anything.

They all were standing out the room where Chanyeol was

“The doctor said he will wake tomorrow” Jongin father add “let me drive you kids home”

Jongin nodded he should leave with his father, he look at Kyungsoo who have a now broken bandaged arm “I saw your parents calling you”

Kyungsoo nodded “yes they are scared, and asking me to come back immediately” he huffs “I want to stay”

“I will stay!” Xuimin said “if he wake I call you guys”

 

With that Kyungsoo nodded in defeat, he can’t disobey his parents because he is a very good kid, also the hospital call them since he got treated. So eventually, he decide to leave with Jongin, he took a quick look on Baekhyun who was there standing in silent, he didn’t go in the room to check on Chanyeol, and he didn’t let anyone touch him, Xuimin asked to leave him alone since he know him better, he said it for his best to not talk to him right now.

 

 

“Baekhyun” Jongdae called he didn’t left Baekhyun side since he came here, he was just standing as the nearest as he can to him, he felt he like never knew him, that situation he saw him in it today was something new, like those 10 years were just lies, the boy went berserk for some reason he doesn’t know, and it hurt him how he doesn’t know, and that make him realize he call himself his best friend, but he never saw his parent, he never ask where he live, he never went to where he live, he never meet him at the weekend, he never walk with him out the school hours. “Please wash yourself and see if there any injuries” he said and look at Xuimin who nodded slowly at him like he was saying everything is going to be okay.

 

 

Baekhyun didn’t bother to go and clean, he doesn’t feel any pain, that mean he didn’t get hurt, he know what he is capable of, those people were so easy since he take down two so quick,

 

 

“Are those Chanyeol Hyung blood?”

 

 

Baekhyun heard someone talk to him, no even touch his dirty bloody hands, he saw at the little hands then his eyes immediately move to the kid next to him “J..Joon!” He said and put his arms immediately behind his back to hide them, well his clothes were dirty too! He just move out from there to the restroom, leaving the kid looking sadly at him.

 

“Joon’ah!” Jongdae move to the little one “that not your brother blood, that the blood of those who hurt your brother” he said with a smiling face “Baekhyun was like those super heroes who beat the bad guys he was like...” Jongdae start to act like he hitting someone in the emptiness “Wooh hoow whooow” he smiled patting the kid head “like that! Super-fast and super cool”

 

Joon smiled nodding and jumping in happiness “Baekhyun is a hero” he said and run at the direction of the restroom, he gets in and saw Baekhyun rubbing his hands and clothes to take off the blood

“there is some in your back too!”

Baekhyun look little surprised at the kid who followed him, he saw him coming and take some water in his hand and move back start to rub it too “Ooh this isn’t easy!” Joon said obviously talking with himself “maybe I should add soap!”

 

Baekhyun turn and lean down to the kid level, he smiled a very very genuine smile that made Joon smile back and play with his hair like he is arranging to look better “thank you” Baekhyun said to the kid

“You are my hero! And now you are my brother hero, I should thank you” Joon hugs him putting his arms around Baekhyun neck since he is in his level

 

Tabbing the kid back “Am sorry for not helping him first!” Baekhyun look at the kid face again when he stopped hugging him “is your brother okay?”

 

Joon shrugs “let’s go and wait him to wake up!” He eventually take Baekhyun hand and move outside the restroom with him, Jongdae and Xuimin smiled seeing Baekhyun at least now talking to someone

“Baekhyun! Dad called me I should leave I will come early tomorrow” Jongdae said and look at Xuimin with a nodded the later talk

“Chanyeol mother is with him, you should go home too you need a rest! I will drive Jongdae home and come back, okay?”

 

With that the two left

 

Joon pouted, “Are you leaving?”

Baekhyun shrugs “I should”

“Don’t leave, I don’t want to be alone!!” Joon said still pouting

Baekhyun smiled again “your mom is here”

But the kid didn’t bother to hear him, he grab Baekhyun tightly “mom should leave to work! I should spend the night here alone?!”

Baekhyun shake his head a no “you heard Xuimin is coming back!”

“I don’t want a stranger watching over me and my brother” Joon insists

Baekhyun just play again with his hair “you’re big enough to watch over your brother Joon! You are a hero too”

Joon pout change to a smile “Am like you?”

Baekhyun nodded, but he noticed Chanyeol mother coming out from the room and talking to the doctor, her expression was not happy, it was worried, and she kept bowing here head to the doctor continuously

 

Baekhyun move to her direction unconsciously, is something bad happened. His heart start to beat as fast as an HK-MG machine gun bullets coming out non-stop “everything okay?” He asked with a scared voice

The mother smiled to him and Joon after “it’s okay! Chanyeol is fine”

The doctor look at Baekhyun then the kid with a smile then back to the mother “I should leave” he said and left

 

“Please can you stay with Joon tonight I need to leave!” Chanyeol mother said and immediately left not even waiting an answer “what?” He said surprised at the action

“I think she left to work extra hours for the money!” Joon said “I know that look”

Baekhyun look at the room, raise an eyebrow, then look at Joon “stay here”

 

Joon listen to what Baekhyun said he waited for some few minutes, then go inside to where Chanyeol was sleeping, with that the place was empty now, just him and his brother, he heard a knocking on the door and Baekhyun came in.

 

He look at Chanyeol who have some bandages on his head, unconsciously he bite his lower lip feeling guilty, but this isn’t the good time, he look at Joon and give him his phone “call your mother tell her I paid for everything, she can come and stay with her son”

 

Joon nodded smiling taking the phone and calling his mother, he talk to her while Baekhyun drag a chair next to the bed and sit looking at the sleeping Chanyeol

Time passed...joon was sleeping on a sofa...and Baekhyun was sitting in a chair, Xuimin came but he left saying that he can stay with him, Baekhyun refused first but seeing Joon sleeping he couldn’t make the kid sad, his brother injuries is way enough.

So he stayed, waiting his mother, she came thanking Baekhyun and sit there next to her little son, the woman was definitely tired because she fall asleep after an hour

 

So he stayed up…

 

Up all the night...

 

 

The time was almost 5, Baekhyun was looking at the ceiling now, trying to know what that trauma show up at this moment, is this guy now important to him? How come? His mind didn’t stop trying to recall what he did, but he couldn’t, he huffs closing his eyes for a moment, maybe he could use some time to sleep, but that won’t happen any soon.

 

Hearing an extra voice, he look at Chanyeol and he was starting to open his eyes and moving his arms, Baekhyun stand and look at the mother who was sleeping, having a fighting inside if he should wake her or let her rest!

“a..ag..ah..”

Baekhyun turn to look at Chanyeol who was trying to touch his head in pain, freezing in his place for a moment, not knowing what he should do, till their eyes met, he clear his throat, move closer to the bed, try to whisper to not wake the mother and the little boy and asked “h…how…how you feel?”

Chanyeol look at him for a moment, the moment got a little bit longer till he spoke “who…who are you?”

Baekhyun eyes were wide open speechless he couldn’t say a word, but he manage to mumble “d..doctor” and turn for the intention to get one, but he felt the grab on his wrist and turn to look at Chanyeol immediately

“Am joking Baekhyun!” he said with a laugh “am fine”

Baekhyun roll his eyes “obviously!”

“You should see your face!” Chanyeol said start laughing

“Low your voice you mother and brother are sleeping!” Baekhyun said taking Chanyeol hand from his “you need anything? I should go and call the doctor to check on you”

Chanyeol nodded raising his little finger, Baekhyun nodded knowing it the restroom, he look at the extra door “can you stand?”

Chanyeol “it my head not my legs Baekhyun” he stand, but the action was so fast that he didn’t realize that the hit make him so dizzy, he just close his eyes and catch the first thing he felt, not knowing what direction he went because the place definitely did a 270 degree turn inside his head.

 

“You okay?”

 

He heard Baekhyun asking, but the voice was close, he open his eyes to see that cute, soft, little face near his, he didn’t know how he end up on the floor on top of the cockroach, he look at his eyes, that he strangely find cute looking at him, he smiled and nodded.

Baekhyun didn’t do any reaction at first but when he get the nodded he start to feel the extra weight on him, and the very close breath that he can feel in his cheeks “good” Baekhyun said “now can you move away!” not wanting to push him because he is a patient and maybe he could be hurt in anyplace.

“You scared me!” Chanyeol said out of the blue not moving, still leaning on top of him “when you didn’t hear my voice, when you didn’t hear my calls…I don’t know…but…I just got scared…Just…just…please don’t do that again”

Baekhyun didn’t even remember what he did, but those words made him feel a rush in his blood…few second he just nodded…silently.

But that didn’t convince Chanyeol to stand, he stayed like that looking at him…just looking at how he went crazy not caring of his injuries because of him “you remember what you said?”

Baekhyun just shake his head a no looking at those very close eyes

 

“you said” Chanyeol move closer to Baekhyun ear

Thump…Thump…Thump….

Baekhyun heart start to race again feeling the lips on his ear

 

And Chanyeol whisper something

Something that made Baekhyun eye got wide open and even push the now doesn’t care if his injured

Rolling on the ground, Chanyeol start laughing hard but then felt pain “ow even laughing hurt!” he said looking at Baekhyun who was now leaving that room…but then his smile fade, he stand and look at the door, then touch his chest…

“you like him”

Chanyeol look at his brother “Joon! Did I wake you?”

Joon came near him hugging him “glad to see you okay Hyung”

But Chanyeol look at him suspicious “what did you said before that?”

A smiling Joon shrugs “nothing special”

But Chanyeol heard him, he clearly heard what his brother said…but no! no way that would be true, he hate him, no they hate each other…thinking about what Baekhyun said back at the restaurant Chanyeol smiled…maybe he didn’t hate him that much right?

 

 

>><><><><><><><><><><><<

 

 

“What do you mean by he can’t eat on his own?” Baekhyun raise an eyebrow looking at Joon, the nurse served the breakfast, Chanyeol mother left early to bring the other kids, she needed to go to work so she decide to leave them here with Chanyeol till she came back at the night.

“Baekhyun! He feel dizzy he will throw everything” Joon explain and Chanyeol was surprised at him, he get a wink before he heard that from the little but what is he exactly trying to do?

“You feel dizzy?” Baekhyun asked Chanyeol directly and the latter didn’t want to make his brother look like a liar. he nodded gaining a rolling eyes from Baekhyun but he make the chair more closer and start to open the plates, he take a full spoon of a soup and tried to give it to Chanyeol but he found it uncomfortable so he stand and sits next to him on the bed.

 

“Aaa!”

Baekhyun said concentrating on the spoon to not make any drop fall, the unconscious reaction was cute, making Chanyeol smile but he at the same time he open his mouth and happily eat from that spoon a soup that he could never think it will be taste that good in his life.

 

Joon was putting his chin on his both arm looking at the two with a wide smile, like he achieve a trophy.

 

“Aaa!” Baekhyun was doing his job so great he felt proud he didn’t make any sheet dirty, not noticing how the other didn’t take his eyes off him, putting now the empty dishes “good” Baekhyun said with a pout and a cute nodded. “Since you are better now I should leave, I will call for a delivery to Joon to eat and..”

Baekhyun was unconsciously saying and took the plate to stand from that bed, but again Chanyeol grab him “leaving already?” he didn’t like the idea of the other leaving…he hate it.

Baekhyun screamed a “YAA! HE PLATE” he said managing to balance them “safe!” he look at Chanyeol “yes first I need to change! Second the prime minister accept my plans so I should meet him, and last thing your boyfriend will be here soon, Jongdae text me” the word boyfriend made him get a little anger so he just take his both hands off from Chanyeol grip

“Prime minister?” Chanyeol said “are you going to meet that Changmin guy??”

Baekhyun put the plate on the table with a nodded “yes he will be in charge on the co-project”

“DON’T GO!” Chanyeol screamed and that made Baekhyun surprised “That guy isn’t a good person Baekhyun”

“Are you insane? It a project I need to be there also who cares if he is bad, I can manage” Baekhyun said while moving to the door “so see you at school, and rest well!!” he open the door to leave but he heard Chanyeol screaming

“BAEK PLEASE DON’T MEET HIM”

But Baekhyun just look at him and shrugs leaving that room

 

The action made Chanyeol hit his fist hard on that bed, that even Joon step back “WHY HE DOESN’T LISTEN” Chanyeol screamed in anger

The door got opened again and Chanyeol heart skip a beat with a smile that the other come back, but no he saw Jongdae and Kyungsoo (his boyfriend) coming in.

“Chan!” Kyungsoo called moving to him and hugging him “happy you are good”

Joon raise an eyebrow at the weird hug, Kyungsoo never do that?

“yes I am!”

“glad to see your good Chanyeol’aah” Jongdae said putting some apples on the table “is Baekhyun around?”

Chanyeol shake his head “he left”

“Ooh bad I wanted to see if he is okay!” Jongdae said

“Yeah” Kyungsoo replied, “he was really like a psychopath last night”

Jongdae nodded “Xuimin told me he had this blood trauma in age of 5 when his mother slaughter her neck in front of him”

 

The three in the room were shocked hearing what Jongdae said, they couldn’t say any word so Jongdae continue “I couldn’t fall asleep the whole night thinking of how I was so close yet so far to him, am really feeling guilty now” but Jongdae stopped “ooh sorry Joon, I shouldn’t have said things like that in front of you”

“Hyung!” Joon said hugging him, while pushing Kyungsoo

“its okay, you saw how he is now, he manage to live through the pain, you should be like him” Chanyeol said the words that he probably was saying them to himself , he cant imagine something happening to his mother, no way, but Baekhyun…how he wish now to hug him and tell him to forget the past, to say sorry he made him remember it with his injuries…but no…

 

he is going to meet that guy…

 

Changmin