Chapter 7

A Tale of Two Brothers

Because the three of them would take this mission, Dongmyeong decided to let his wolf do the killings, letting Xion be awake for his part of the mission with Hwanhee. "Good luck," said Xion. "Yeah, you too," said Dongmyeong as he nodded.

"Hyung," called Dongmyeong as he turned to Hwanhee. "I need to talk to you," he said. "Alone," he added as Hwanhee walked over. Hwanhee inclined his head towards the forest and Dongmyeong walked into the forest with Hwanhee, turning to him once they were far enough away.

"What is it?" Asked Hwanhee. "I don't know how this mission will go but I want you to try something," said Dongmyeong. "If it seems like Xion is completely out of it, try calling for him using his human name," he said. "It's a hunch that I have but it might work," he said. "What's his human name?" Asked Hwanhee. "It's Dongju," said Dongmyeong. Hwanhee nodded. "I'll keep that in mind," he said. "I'll see you after the mission then," said Dongmyeong. "Stay safe," said Hwanhee. "Will do," said Dongmyeong as he went to change and head off to where the vampires were.

 

~



Hwanhee and Xion stopped in front of the building Wooseok had suspected to be a blood den, standing just across the street from it. "You ready for this?" Asked Hwanhee. Xion nodded. "Was born ready," he said. "Let's go clear out a blood den then," said Hwanhee as he nodded. They ran into the building, quickly checking everything and clearing out any vampires that were in the building.

Xion was in one of those moods as he finished checking the area out, looking around and seeing if there was any vampires still around. They had gotten to five, and Dongmyeong would probably end up getting the rest, Hwanhee assumed. "Xion?" Asked Hwanhee as he turned to Xion. "What?" Asked Xion. "Everything alright?" Asked Hwanhee. Xion nodded. "Everything's fine," he said.

"Are you sure?" Asked Hwanhee. Xion nodded. "Okay... Dongju," said Hwanhee. Xion blinked, his shoulders slumping. "Oh," he mumbled, his voice softer than usual. "Dongmyeong figured it out huh?" He asked, looking down. Hwanhee nodded. "I didn't think it'd come down to that so quickly," mumbled Xion. "I think we found a way to let you sleep," said Hwanhee, causing Xion to snort. "I guess," said Xion.

"We cleared this out, so let's see if Dongmyeong finished his missions," said Hwanhee. Xion nodded and went to grab the items from the vampires, putting them in a bag they reserved specifically for missions after taking a picture of them and emailing the pictures.

 

~



Dongmyeong wasn't one to do his missions in wolf form, but he found it relatively easy to do since the vampires were caught off guard. It was due to experience as a werewolf hunter did he rarely hunt in his wolf form.

Dongmyeong huffed as he finished his side of the missions, looking around to make sure he did get all of them. He counted five, so he was sure that his brother and Hwanhee had gotten the other five.

Footsteps alerted Dongmyeong to visitors and he turned to them, spotting his brother and Hwanhee walking over. "Done?" Asked Hwanhee. Dongmyeong nodded and went to change and put on his clothes, coming back a few minutes later.

"How did the blood den search go?" Asked Dongmyeong. "No humans, but we took out five vampires," said Hwanhee. "I took out five here," hummed Dongmyeong. "Was there any signs of a blood den?" He asked. "No," said Hwanhee. "Might've moved them, I dunno," he said.

"They did," said Xion. "All evidence I found made it seem like they were moved anyway," he added. "Ah, I forgot you were trained to look for these things," said Hwanhee as he scratched the back of his head. Xion chuckled some.

"So they were moved?" Asked Dongmyeong. "Nothing we can do about that," said Xion. "We were only here to help out Yohan and his pack," he said. "Xion's right," said Hwanhee. "We can't go after them but I know someone else will as soon as they get noticed," he said. "I feel bad for all those people," said Dongmyeong as he sighed. "I know, but if we go in blind we won't know how many people there are," said Hwanhee.

"Well, let's go," said Xion. "Let's get some sleep at least," he said, turning to Dongmyeong. Dongmyeong nodded, turning to Hwanhee in question. "Yeah, I think some sleep would do us good," said Hwanhee as he started heading back to Yohan's pack house. Xion and Dongmyeong followed after him.

 

~



Dongmyeong stood before his home pack's alpha, wondering why he was called here. "Dongju has been killed, I'm sorry," said the pack leader. "What?" Asked Dongmyeong. "Why the hell?" He asked, a growl forcing its way through him. "We believe you will be the stronger twin," said the alpha. "As if," spat Dongmyeong. "I refuse to bow to your damn rules," he snarled as he triggered the change, snarling in rage before beginning the slaughtering of his home pack.

When he was done Dongmyeong let out a grief stricken howl, lifting his snout to the sky as he did so. Footsteps alerted him to visitors, causing Dongmyeong to turn to them, spotting who would become his mentor, Yedam.

"Well, that saves us the trouble," said Yedam as he surveyed the carnage. "However," he said, turning his attention to Dongmyeong. "What to do with you hm?" He asked, his head tilting to the side in thought. "How bout this, become part of my pack, and no werewolf hunter will come after you," he said. Dongmyeong inclined his head in answer. "Good choice," said Yedam.

 

~



Dongmyeong woke with a gasp, sitting up and immediately looking for Xion. When he found Xion actually asleep Dongmyeong sighed, in relief and in exasperation. Looks like it would be his turn to be wide awake for a few hours, as Dongmyeong got up and left the room, deciding to go sit on the front porch.

Wooseok joined him a few minutes later, slumping down on the porch swing and causing it to lightly hit the wall behind them. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked. "I woke up actually," said Dongmyeong as he shrugged, sighing. "What about you?" He asked. "Couldn't sleep," said Wooseok. "But that's alright," he said.

"I'm guessing Xion got to sleep since you're awake," said Wooseok. "Yep," said Dongmyeong as he scratched the back of his head. "Figured," said Wooseok.