Chapter 6

A Tale of Two Brothers

When they arrived at Yohan's pack house Yohan was standing outside with Wooseok and Hangyul, his alpha stance apparent as he stood with his head held high and his arms crossed. That sort of cockiness caused Hwanhee to straighten up on instinct, eyeing Yohan with narrowed eyes.

"Welcome back Seungwoo," said Yohan. "And hello you three," he added. "Hello," said Hwanhee as he schooled his expression to be blank. "Aish," said Wooseok. "Cut it out with the cockiness will you?" He asked, sighing as he hit Yohan over the back of his head. "Ow!" Whined Yohan as he rubbed the back of his head, the atmosphere changing immediately. "They're here to help for god's sake," grumbled Wooseok as he shook his head. Hwanhee chuckled some, relaxing.

"Good to see nothing much has changed," Xion said with a teasing grin. "Oi, if it wasn't for my role as advisor I'd've left ages ago," Wooseok said, shaking his head. "And leave me alone with these idiots? At least take me with you," Seungwoo said, laughing some. "You're on your own there buddy," Wooseok said, laughing as he walked over to Xion. "Good to see you again," he said, hugging Xion. "Same to you," said Xion as he hugged Wooseok back before stepping away.

"Ah, Xiao was right, you did re-dye your hair," said Wooseok as he looked Xion over. Xion snorts. "I lost a bet," he said. "My wolf form's fur remains the same though," he said. "Things going well for you two?" Asked Wooseok as he looked concerned. "Been fine," said Xion as he nodded. "All this traveling let me catch up on a lot of sleep," he said, scratching the back of his head. "I never thought I'd be able to be awake this long," Dongmyeong said with a snort, yawning as he covered his mouth with his hand.

"Good, we're having a late night talk session later," said Wooseok as he turned and walked over to the front porch. "We have a lot to catch up on," he called before heading inside. Yohan sighed. "Well, let's go discuss things hm?" He asked. Hwanhee nodded, motioning for the twins to go ahead. Xion and Dongmyeong headed inside with Hangyul following after them to show them the room they'd be staying in. Hwanhee and Seungwoo walked over to the front porch, following Yohan inside to sit in the livingroom to discuss things.

"So what's the problem?" Asked Hwanhee as he sat down, leaning forward and putting his elbows on his knees in a thinking pose. "We've been having problems with a rather large coven of vampires," said Yohan. "But we would leave them alone, they're not a problem for us in general," he added. "The thing is, is that they started getting noticed," he said. "Wooseok has reason to believe that there is a blood den somewhere," he said.

"Is there evidence of one?" Asked Xion as he walked over and sat down beside Hwanhee. "According to Seungyoun and Hyeongjun there's been talk of people going missing in town," said Yohan. "And an abandoned building was bought recently," he added. "So there's reason to suspect a blood den," he said.

"We could take care of the blood den and have Dongmyeong take care of the vampires?" Asked Xion as he turned to Hwanhee. "Hm... It's possible," hummed Hwanhee. "I think we can do that," he said, nodding. "Do you think one person can take care of 10 vampires?" Asked Yohan, earning a snort from Xion. "He singlehandedly took out a pack of 20 werewolves before," said Xion. "He's killed vampires before," said Hwanhee. "He's pretty good at his job," he added.

"We'll go tomorrow," said Xion. "Let Dongmyeong sleep," he said. "That's fine, he's tired," said Hwanhee as he nodded. "Leave us to do the job," he said, turning to Yohan. "We'll be in and out in an hour," he added. Yohan looked skeptical but a look from Seungwoo prevented him from saying anything more as he nodded. "Alright," he said after a few minutes.

 

~



Wooseok sat outside with Xion on the front porch swing for a late night talk session, the both of them sitting in silence for a bit. "It's strange," said Wooseok as he looked out over the front yard. "Things have changed so much," he said. "And yet I still feel the same as before, just in a different position," he said.

"You're trying your best," said Xion. "I can tell from the way you never interfere with anything unless Yohan directly asks you, he's trying to keep his promise," he said. "Yeah, I guess," said Wooseok as he sighed. Xion hummed, looking deep in thought.

"How's things for you and your brother, really?" Asked Wooseok. "Could be better," said Xion. "We're doing our best to work with what we have," he said. "Lately I've been getting more sleep because of traveling but," he said, shrugging. "We were only home for a week when you called for us," he whined, pouting as he did so. Wooseok chuckled some. "Sorry, I didn't know who else to turn to," he said. "I could've asked for anyone, but I trust you, your brother and Hwanhee," he said.

"How's things for you?" Asked Xion as he turned to Wooseok. "Mm," said Wooseok as he shrugged. "Better now at least," he said. "I'm not as burdened as I was when I was alpha," he said. "It doesn't mean that I don't have to take care of the pack however," he added. "I still do, but Yohan has the final say," he explained. "I see," said Xion.

"How are you doing with sleep?" Asked Wooseok. "I could get more," said Xion. "But I get as much sleep as I can," he said. "I wish I could get more sometimes but it's impossible," he said. "Can't even sleep in wolf form anymore," he said. "I end up spending the nights running, whenever we're home anyway," he said.

"Your brother is doing well it seems," said Wooseok. "He is," agreed Xion. "He's not as weary as he was when you met him at least," he added. "He seemed to be exhausted with life," agreed Wooseok. "But now, he's happier than he was, I can see it," he said. Xion hummed in agreement.