Black cat

Marked by the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun was a college professor. She had worked for a couple of European universities but suddenly, 7 months before, a weird compulsion made her want to go back to Korea and she got a job at Seul university.

She had published some books about simbolism and her classes were based in history, simbolism and the occult in literature.

For her students, Yongsun was this unreachable goddess with an ethereal look and a smoking hot body who spoke of unreal yet interesting things; For her boss and her work peers, she was a weird but competent woman.

Since her return to Korea, nobody had seen the dark-haired woman hanging out with friends or any boyfriend.

Besides that, her neighbors found her very exotic and someone who didn't seem to be interested in bonding.

The only affection Yongsun had been charing lately was with her pet, a black cat she rescued from the streets.

It happened one night after her return to South Korea.

The brunette went out to breath some fresh air and admire the moon when she saw that fragile little thing barely breathing.

Yongsun carefully got closer and picked up a black kitten that was laying on the grass.

The animal didnt seem to be more than one month old and had a horrible wound on its back.

As soon as the brunette held the precious baby, the tiny cat opened its deep blue eyes and stared at her with gratitude and interest.

Yongsun forgot about her initial plans and went back home to take care of the poor animal.

And that's how Night became her home companion.

The professor took the kitten to a vet and spent a lot of money on treatments and medicine. Nonetheless,nothing seemed to work and the wound was still open after two months.

The black-haired woman had grown fond of the little thing and she decided to break her personal rule to never interact with supernatural beings because her instincts were screaming that the poor animal had been hurt by magic.

There was a small store in Seul where ordinary people could buy exotic and mysterious objects. Despite of that, the underworld knew the truth behind those doors.

If somebody needed proper medicine or any kind of supernatural consult, that was the place.

As soon as Yongsun crossed the door, she felt shivers all over her body and even the tiny cat seemed affected and got closer her neck.

A man stared at her with a judging expression and waited that she said what she wanted.

 A little annoyed, the brunette mumbled:

_____ I need help with my kitten. This wound is not healing.

_____ It seems you're a little confused, dear. This is a shop, not a pet clinic._____ His voice was nasal and tedious.

Suddenly a voluptuous and gorgeous female came out of nowhere and intervened:

_____ She is not ordinary, Park. Can't you tell this is not a human? 

The man glanced at Yongsun with surprise and a sudden fear. 

_____ No, I....

_____ You're really useless. Just leave us.____ The woman with huge  nails painted in yellow shook her head in disbelief.

Yongsun ignored the comment about her and went straight to the point:

_____ I've tried it all. From basic medicine prescribed by the vet to especial herbs. The wound doesn't close.

_____ Cats are usually creatures of underworld that can circulate from Hell to Earth without problem. This little one has a strange aura though, just like you. I can't put my finger on it. How did you both cross path?_____ The sensual brunette asked.

Hesitating a little, the professor responded:

_____ I was taking a night walk and found him on a park.

_____ You're not a lycanthrope , are you?____ The woman raised her eyebrow.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter