Question mark

Marked by the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong had met Yongsun at a book fair 3 years before and they clicked immediately, becoming friends. 

The woman was a professor too and she had read the brunette's books with passion.

Everybody was perfectly fine until one day when Chorong was staying in Yongsun's house and she fell down the stairs.

The other girl got so worried and panicked with her new friend's condition that her fangs came out and her eyes got red. 

Chorong screamed in horror and barely heard Yongsun's explanation.

The vampire felt heartbroken and decided not to engage with humans anymore. Or have any kind of friend.

A couple of years passed and Chorong would still hear of the other professor in the literature circles and she missed their bond. So she contacted the vampire and begged for forgiveness.

Yongsun ended up accepting the appologies. However, things changed for her and they kept just a long distance friendship.

Only recently the vampire shared with Chorong some of the things that had been going on in her life.

They had chatted online and the brunette invited the other girl to go visit her in Korea.

Now Chorong was glancing at her friend and the handsome pretty blonde that was sitting glued to her.

It was hard to believe that hours before a huge black panther had turned into that smoking hot blonde who was giving her murderous looks.

Yongsun laughed and slapped the blonde's leg softly, telling her to behave when she stood up to check who was knocking at the door.

_____ Are you a vampire too?____ Chorong smiled trying to break the tension.

Breathing deeply and keeping a serious expression, the other woman answered:

_____ My life is none of humans' business.

The kind girl ignored the rude reply and tried again:

_____ Can I know your name? 

_____ Byul-yi.____ Moonbyul murmured and was interrupted by the arrival of Wheein and Ggomo.

The cute chubby guy exhaled with relief:

_____ Thanks God you are all okay.

 _____ O...kay. But do I know you?_____ The vampire was lost.

Wheein sat beside Moonbyul and hugged her. Then she responded:

_____ That's Ggomo.

_____ Who? And how do you know Byul-yi?

_____ That's my cat. And this is my mother, whom I talked about.

Yongsun seemed as puzzled as her guest and Chorong expressed herself :

______ I know I shouldnt be taking part in this conversation but....what?

Wheein looked at Yongsun questioning the human's presence and the professor said:

______ It's Alright. Chorong is a friend I trust. Besides that, who would believe her if she talked about us?

The younger girl nodded in agreement and talked:

_____  Moon Byul-yi, the warlock, is the one who saved me 18 years ago. Well, as she explained me...a part of her. She had been trying to escape back to our world. So her soul and body would split into smaller portions. Ggomo was turned into a cat when the council captured her and mother sent him to be with me. Yesterday she turned him back and was telling me stuff when she sensed you were in dangerous,  Yongsun unnie. I didnt even know she knew you.

The professor replied:

__,__ I am as surprised as You. And did you know Byul-yi was my cat, Night? And yesterday she showed up as a PANTHER! And since then, she is acting as a cute clingy cat.

Ggomo cleared his throat and spoke:

_____ Maybe I should try to explain. I was a kind of advisor to the council and a wizard, but also Byul-yi's friend. When they turned me into a cat to prevent me from helping the Warlock, they believed we wouldnt be able to communicate ever again. However, while on my feline form I soon learned some tricks and Byul-yi wasn't the greatest Warlock of all time for nothing. She could reach my mind right after being captured.

The blonde exhaled and spoke:

_____ Despite being formed by my childhood friends, the council didnt know a lot about my powers.Actually, none of us did. Soon I realized about the possibility of spliting my essence and that's how I helped Ggomo the cat to escape and we rescued Wheein. Then my dear friend Ggomo suggested that I tried to morph into an animal, based on the council spell on him. It turned out I naturally had that power too BUT...

_____ As soon as she became an animal, her conscious got much more instinct than reason, which was dangerous and made things more difficult.

Yongsun frowned her forehead and asked:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter