Solar

Marked by the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All the vampires treated her different because she was able to walk freely day and night, except her cousin Irene. 

Even the elderly were afraid that their future queen could somehow, become a dangerous beast and kill all their people.

The dark-haired girl that could pass as a 17-year-old human had been trained to be a leader and a warrior but lately, all she heard was talk about marriage.

Solar, as she was usually called by her own kind,  didn't want a domestic life.

Actually, none of the supernatural life style attracted her. Either being a famous and successful warrior or a Queen mother were her options according to her father and the Vampire council.

There had been attempts to make her get close to the prince of the second most powerful clan of vampires and that was disturbing her peace.

During a starry night, the wizard of her clan invited Solar for a walk and she accepted in consideration for his advanced age.

The ancient Vampire had a pleasant aura and the brunette had always trusted him.However, her heart almost froze when he spoke:

_____ I have had dreams about your fate since you were a baby. And they repeat the same pattern. So I feel the obligation to tell you this. I see you carrying a very powerful child in your womb. Of course this depends on some choices you might make in your life.

The future Queen of vampires didnt feel excited about that information. In fact, that scared her because the wizard was the only one she believed when it came to predictions about the future and she was sure the council would pressure her to marry sooner.

Solar thanked the old wizard for the warning and went back to her room.

Some weeks later, her fears became reality when her cousin looked for her to have a serious talk.

Irene didnt beat around the bush and told her what had been decided by the council:

_____ Sweetie, there is a very dangerous profecy on the way of our people and also clashing to a bigger one that affects all supernatural beings. It has been decided you must get married before the big eclipse to prevent evil from controlling the world.

 _____ Why do you think any of you have the right to decide my future, Irene?_____ The girl lost her temper.

The pale girl's mouth opened in shock due to the princess's reaction and it took her some minutes to find her words:

_____ You're not an ordinary Vampire. As our future leader, you have obligations. That's your fate.

_____ I refuse a fate written by others. It was never my plan to stay behind a man. And also, I don't believe in old profecies.

_____ It doesn't matter if you believe it or not, Solar. You were born to be a queen and as a queen, take care of your people. You will never stay behind any man. He is a prince of his clan but still answers to you.____ Irene tried to reason.

_____ My answer is still no.

_____ You have no choice and its better if you accept it sooner tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter