Red Moon

Marked by the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wheein had felt weird things the whole week. Not only her dreams had been troublesome but also her sense of reality was clearly affected.

The young girl kept seeing her adoptive mother in the most random places. However, every time she tried to get close, the woman vanished like smoke.

Her body was being affected too, as if the gravity was pulling down and it was difficult to walk and breath.

What really scared the student was when she went back home from class and found a stranger sitting on the sofa.

Wheein screamed and tried to hit him with an umbrella. Then a very familiar voice mumbled a complain:

_____ Hey, you punk! You're gonna break my head this way. It's me! Ggomo!

_____ Who? I dont know any Ggomo. Are you a psycopath? I'm calling the cops.

The short and chubby guy with a baby face and a pleasant voice replied:

_____ Fair enough. I never told you my real name. Just allowed you call me Cat. Despite of that, you know me since you were 5. And I'm sure you are familiar with my voice. And my honey eyes.

Wheein stared at the man as she was studying him under a microscope and her heart jumped with an uncommon happiness.

_____ What does this mean? What else have you been hiding?

_____ Actually I'm not sure. I was transformed into a cat and I think your mother is returning and her powers are affecting the spell. There are many things you don't know, Wheein-ah. And I hope I get the chance to tell you. For now,  be very careful. Avoid getting out of the house for unnecessary reasons. Don't talk to strangers. Dont go to class when the moon becomes red.

_____ But didnt mother say anything more especific about her return?_____The girl was worried.

Ggomo felt his body was shaking and he knew he didn't have much time:

_____ The Warlock is trapped between worlds and she has been jumping through time and space to get back. This takes a lot of power and its not possible to have total control. We also can't communicate normally. I...

The girl saw the grown man shrink and become her long time friend, the domestic cat. However, she couldnt listen to his voice in her mind now and that was very frustrating.

____ x ____

Yongsun had been feeling irritated for no reason, almost agressive and because of that, she was making a huge effort to work normally.

The professor had also lost her appetite and her sleep was highly irregular.

The fact that she lived isolated, having only her unstable cat to socialize didnt help either.

The dark-haired woman's dreams became excessively real and .

Every night she felt like her soul was leaving her body to meet a smoking hot and alluring woman with starry eyes and a very arousing voice.

Although they just held hands and stared at each other for hours, Yongsun felt like a magnet pulling her closer the mysterious woman and when she woke up,  she was always excited.

One night the brunette took a shower and was preparing to go to sleep when her cat came running like a rocket and looked at her with intense and dangerous red eyes.

The animal jumped the window and ran away, which made the Vampire freak out.

Something terrible was about to happen and the pet seemed to be affected by a powerful aura, since her eyes changed color.

Yongsun put on an overcoat and decided to find her cat before the animal got hurt.

Her heart was beating too fast and all her senses were awake .

Never, since she moved to Korea, had the professor felt that amount of supernatural power.

Suddenly her knee bent and she choked for a little while.

Making a huge effort to raise her head, the dark-haired woman saw the gigant red moon so close to Earth that it seemed  the planet was going to be crashed.

Finally her strenght went back to her bones and Yongsun tried to pick up the scent of the pet again, which led her to a darker area of the neighborhood.

A sound of  supernatural battle could he heard from afar, even though the Vampire was sure the council had taken action  to prevent that humans realized what was going on.

Yongsun ignored the noises and kept distance from the battlefield, since her life was not linked to those beings anymore. 

After looking for the cat for two hours, the Vampire gave up and turned around. And then she w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter