The student

Marked by the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein was a twenty-three-year-old History student at the University of Seul.

Despite being extremely beautiful, she was shy and reserved and never interacted with her peers.

Some people from her class tried to socialize with the short girl with a cute dimple and long straight black hair but she simply nodded her head in response.

That's why some of them got extremely surprised when the girl stood up at the end of Symbolism class and went to speak with their professor.

The mysterious Kim Yongsun was gathering her stuff to leave but she was interrupted by a sweet and calming voice:

____ Professor Kim, Do you have a minute?

The brunette turned around and her glasses moved a bit . She fixed them and replied:

____ How can I help , Wheein ssi? 

The young woman was shocked that such a busy woman could tell her apart from other 100 students.Nevertheless, she didn't waste time:

_____ I am writing about the influence of supernatural in art and literature but I couldn't find much in the University library. And the two books I found are in ancient Greek. I was wondering if you could recommend something that explores the truth, Kim ssi.

____ The truth?____ Yongsun raised her eyebrow.

Wheein blushed a bit:

____ Yeah, not the fictional versions about werewolves, witches and all.

The professor analized the short girl for a while and spoke:

____ I might have some material that would interest you but they are in Latin or Greek. If you have any free time, I could give you private classes of those languages because it's impossible to find original material in Korean or even English.

Wheein's eyes sparkled with excitement and she exclaimed:

____ Really, Ms Kim? Would you do that for me? But you are already so busy.

The professor smiled:

____ It's okay. I have time. Besides,  who else would help you with your crazy project. I mean..if you walk around mentioning supernatural is real.

The two exchanged a long look and the student declared:

_____ I understand what you mean, professor.

_____ Alright, then. I'll text you my adress. Come to my house this Saturday afternoon.____ The brunette walked towards the exit.

____ I gotta give you my number.

____ I have the contact number of every student. See you, Wheein ssi.

The cute girl went back home smiling for the first time since she entered University.

_____ x _____

Wheein knocked at the door feeling a little anxious and embarrassed. 

She had to call the professor when she was about to live home to ask permission to take her pet with her because the animal was acting all weird 

The older woman welcomed her student with a warm smile and offered her some juice while taking her to her office/library.

Wheein put the transportation box on the floor and her cat just glanced at her without making a sound 

Yongsun sat in front of her and told the girl she could set the pet free but the student replied she would give him some minutes to calm down because he was acting extremely weird.

_____ Hahahahaha, my cat is always weird. There are weeks she is all adorable and climbs my bed to sleep with me. Other times she vanishes for days. I dont know if she hides inside the house or goes out to hunt. And when she shows up , she is a little agressive sometimes and doesnt let me hold her.____ The black-haired woman laughed.

_____  Somehow I guess this is a typical cat behavior. Mine is pretty peculiar. He is calm and never leaves the house but doesnt care if I go out. However, he started making weird noises today and using his nails to hold himself on my clothes.

_____ I know all I said may sound normal but...I dont know how to explain. Maybe is more like a vibe she has. And speaking of the devil...that's Night.____ The professor pointed at the black cat that had just entered the office.

Wheein observed the magestic animal with a beautiful fur, as black as a night without stars and vivid and shiny blue eyes stare at her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter