Old friends

Marked by the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwasa was born as the second child among 4 and her oldest brother was her best friend and a good guardian.

Even though fate had decided that he couldn't sit in the council because he was a male and only a female witch could command, Lion was never jealous of his sister.

Nobody had ever called him by his real name, since his bravery and generous heart and his long hair made people think of the king of the jungle.

The girl grew surrounded by all kinds of supernatural beings because witches had the function to maintain peace between worlds and the balance of the universe. 

At the age of 7, Hwasa already knew a great amount of spells and had read more scrolls and books than many adults.

She had special classes along the future heirs from werewolves, elves, and many other supernatural children. And thanks to that, very important friendships were born.

Hwasa's favorite child from other species was the adopted daugher of the queen of elves, who happened to be the leader of the council.

The girl had silver hair and silver eyes and she seemed dreamy and unreal even next to older and more powerful vampires or witches.

Byul-yi was so charismatic and sweet that everybody used to love her, and that refered  to the ancient ones too.

Hwasa had a small circle of friends apart from the girl. And one of them was the biological daughter of the leader of the council. She was called Hani.

Hani was very eager to learn everything related to all the clans because her destiny was representing the elves one day.

There were other future members of the council in that small group of friends. However, they were immature and unfocused. Especially the boys.

Baro, Ken, Sandeul and Jin were from different clans and backgrounds but they had 2 things in common: boys who would represent their families in the council some day and the fact that Byul-yi could make them calm down without any effort.

Whenever Hwasa's small circle of friends was studying and practicing together, all of them would lose to Byul-yi and be astonished with her skills.

Baro always tried to defeat the skinny girl while using his physical strenght as werewolf, Hwasa would use her spells as witch and Hani could manipulate some elements of nature and still, Byul-yi would overcome the situation effortless.

What Hwasa loved the most about her friend was that the girl never tried to be better or superior than anybody. In fact, Byul-yi was always afraid of hurting others physically and emotionally.

One day, while their small group was practicing together as usual, someone talked about their roles in the council in the future and Byul-yi laughed and said:

_____ The day you all take part in the council, I'll have to play by myself.

_____ What are you saying? You are the strongest of us. Of course you'll be in the council.__

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter