Hope

Mortal Enemy

"Yah! Choi Yena. Where have you been?" her bestfriend Yujin asked.

 

 

 

"You've been absent for almost 1 week."

 

 

"My dad and I had some errands to do." Yena lied.

 

 

"Tch, You and your dad in one sentence doesn't make sense but okay." Yujin said totally not accepting yena's reason.

 

 

"But anyway, how's yuri? Did you see her?" Yena sighed and shake her head.

 

 

"Dad won't allowed me."

 

 

"Wow, Are you obeying your dad now?" Hyewon teased.

 

 

"Yeah, he held me by the neck.. And Yuri's life is at stake." Yena sighed.

 

 

"What do you mean by that?"

 

 

"As of now, Yuri has a brain tumor then the only thing to do to able to remove it is by surgery." Yena explained.

 

 

"So you are obeying your father in order to save yuri and not seeing her anymore?" Yena nodded.

 

 

"Yeah. It . I miss her so much." Chaeyeon patted yena's back.

 

 

 

"Hope yuri get well soon. I miss Yuri too." Yujin said.

 

 

"Anyway, Our competition is next month. We better get ready. And Welcome back to the team Yena!" Yena smiled, while her friends shout.

 

 

 

"Yeeeeah! We're complete again, And with that Yena will buy us food." Hyewon said, yena just shake her head.

 

 

 

 

[Cafeteria]

 

 

"Tch, Jihoon bullying a freshman again." Hyewon said as she eyed jihoon whose intimidating a freshman.

 

 

"It's nothing new. He's really a trash." Yujin said.

 

 

"Indeed."

 

 

"You are chaewon right?" They heard jihoon shouted. Yena immediately look to where chaewon is.

 

 

"Yeah. What about it?" Chaewon talk, jihoon chuckles.

 

 

"Nothing. I just find you beautiful." chaewon frowned as jihoon he fixed the younger hair and tuck it behind her ears, chaewon moved back a bit feeling uncomfortable.

 

 

Without knowing, Jihoon was smirking towards Yena, Yena clench her fist as she saw it. But she calm herself down, if she make a move, her friends will know what relationship between her and chaewon.

 

 

"Let's go grab some lunch next time." Jihoon whisper and smile before walking away. It creep the hell out of chaewon but she shrugged it off.

 

 

"Tch, Probably another target of jihoon." Yujin said as she shake her head.

 

 

"Yena are you okay?" Chaeyeon notice how yena's face frowning.

 

 

'That Jihoon.. He probably know what relationship chaewon and I had. And messing with me.' Yena gritted her teeth.

 

 

"Hey Yena?" Yujin patted yena.

 

 

"Oh?"

 

 

"What happen to you?" Yena just look at yujin.

 

 

"Nothing."

 

 

"Ey yujin. She probably thinking about yuri." hyewon said.

 

 

 

"I'll go for now. See you tomorrow at practice." Yena said as she grab her phone and rush out of the cafeteria.

 

 

 

"Aye! Aye! Captain." Yujin shouted as she chuckles. Yena was in the parking lot, she was about to open her car door.

 

 

 

"Didn't know that Choi Yena can be a playgirl." Upon hearing who is it, Yena sighed.

 

 

"Are you getting tired with Yuri?" Yena clench her fist.

 

 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Yena was pissed off.

 

 

"So you are hooking up with that girl, what's her name again. Ahhhh Kim Chaewon." Jihoon chuckles.

 

 

 

"Well, If I were you, I'll probably date that girl chaewon too. I rather date a hot girl than a sick girl." Jihoon laughed, Yena didn't hold back and held jihoon collar.

 

 

"The you want." Yena was choking the hell out of jihoon. The guy just chuckles.

 

 

 

"You pissed me off." Yena push jihoon away, the guy was coughing.

 

 

"Just off jihoon. I don't want to deal with your bulls." Yena open her car door but jihoon slam the door close.

 

 

"You knew that your father was my biological father too." Yena immediately look at the guy. 'He knew??' yena thought

 

 

"Ha! So you really knew." Jihoon chuckles.

 

 

 

"So that's why your dad was being nice to me even our company is his rivals." Jihoon clench her fist.

 

 

 

"Look jihoon. I don't care about you being my dad child outside. I don't even care about him. I'm not the person to rant on. I have my personal problem."

 

 

 

"And stop pissing me off and talk ill about Yuri. I'm holding myself back since my father and I aren't in good terms and hurting you will only hurt yuri." Yena said and sighed.

 

 

"And stop messing with chaewon. She has nothing to do with our ill relationship." With that Yena enter her car and drove away.

 

 

Jihoon could only look to yena's car and chuckles.

 

 

 

"Lucky bastard. It pissing me off." Jihoon utter.

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon was walking home, She decided to drop by the convenience store to but some milkis.

 

 

 

"That's a nice ring." The old lady in the counter said.

 

"Ah, Thanks." chaewon smile.

 

 

"You are too young to get married, I'm sure it's arrange marriage." the old lady said, chaewon was puzzled how the old lady know.

 

 

"I didn't know arrange marriage is still a thing today." the old lady smile.

 

 

"How did you know?"

 

 

"The girl before you was wearing the same ring too."

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

 

"I hope you two will find happiness in each other." The old lady smile, chaewon just politely bowed before going out of the convenience store.

 

 

 

'Yena go to that convenience store too?' chaewon thought.

 

 

 

 

Chaewon shrugged it off, then proceed to open her milkis. She sipped into it and almost drop it when she heard a loud honk.

 

 

"YAH!!" Chaewon shouted as she look at the car.

 

 

"hahahah, Did I startled you that much?"

 

 

 

"Hop in. Let's go home together" Yena said, The younger hesitate but then she get inside the older's car.

 

 

 

"I swear to god choi!!" chaewon said still pissed off.

 

 

 

"Choi? Me or You?" Yena jokingly said, the younger felt her cheeks heat luckily her hair hides it.

 

 

 

 

Yena's phone rang.

 

 

 

Upon seeing the caller, Yena immediately answer the call without hesitation. Chaewon Look at the older and seeing how the older worried face.

 

 

"Hey! Minjoo.. Is everything okay?" Yena softly said.

 

"Unnie.."

"Yuri?"

"Yuri is that you?"

 

"Sorry if I disturb you.. I— just want to hear your voice" Yena was close to crying, She misses yuri so much.

 

"I'll be having the surgery tomorrow."

"I don't know if It will succeed."

"Hey don't talk like that."

"You'll be fine."

"So, Atleast if I die tomorrow Your voice was the last thing I want to hear" Yena can't control it anymore, her tears falls down. Yena sniff before talking again.

 

"I'm going there."

 

"You can't, Your father will be mad at you."

 

"I don't care."

"I want to see you."

 

"Don't. Just stay with your wif—e"

"Yuri..."

"Take care unnie.. See you when everything is fine"

Call Ended.

 

Yena hit the steering wheel out of frustration. She close her eyes as she calm herself down.

 

"Go drive to where yuri is." yena totally forgot that chaewon was still at her car.

 

"I'll just drop you off then I'll be driving there alone." Yena said.

 

"You think your father will allow you?" Chaewon said which make yena sighed.

 

 

"Just drive. I'll say that you will be having a sleep over to my apartment"

 

 

"And I'll just stay in the car while you go to her." Chaewon nod and smile to assure that it's fine.

 

"Thankyou chaewon.." -

 

 

------ short update. I'll double update today keke. hey keep spreading the hashtag on twitter ♥️ Keep safe~