Jeju

Mortal Enemy

 

The two married couple arrived at the hotel where their father booked, Yena was the one who was talking to the counter and chaewon was just beside her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After checking in, Yena grab their luggage and go the elevator. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's only one room, I'm asking for one more room but they forbidden me since my father asked them to." yena sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ughhh! Why do I have a father like him." yena said out of frustration, chaewon just chuckles and get out of the elevator. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena tap the card and open the door, It was a great room. It was indeed big for the two of them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's big. Why would your father choose this for the two of us? Small room would be great." chaewon said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"That's a choi for you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tch Rich ." yena just shake her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Anyway it's just one bedroom." chaewon said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yep, And I'll be the one who will sleeping there. You sleep on the couch." yena playfully smile. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"WHAT? NO! You sleep in the couch." chaewon retorted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's a big bed anyway, let's just share." yena said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What? No!!!! You might something do to me." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"And if I did? You are my wife anyway." yena teased the younger, chaewon gulp.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tch! Don't worry I won't do anything to you and I'm not planning to. Let's just draw some line and you should not cross that line." yena said. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah that will do." chaewon said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two of them unpack their things, since they will stay for three days in jeju. Their father already talk to the school admins about them being absent. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was dinner time, Yena and Chaewon goes out of their room to have their dinner. They were walking as the cold breeze touching their face. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What should we eat?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's just have grill meat." yena nodded. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They enter the restaurant, they were assisted to their seat. Both of them enjoy eating since it's their first meal in jeju. Yena think that something is missing. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Right! I should order soju." yena utter as she call the ajhumma and order soju. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you handle it?" chaewon asked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. What do you think of me ? Weak? tch" yena said as she drink a shot of soju. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"How about you? Do you like to drink alcohol? it's on me." chaewon immediately shook her head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No. I'm fine" chaewon said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Tch! Boring" yena said as she drink a shot of soju. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After an hour they both finished eating and yena also finish drinking. Yena pay the bill and go outside the restaurant. Chaewon look at the older. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'She said she can handle it but look at her, her face are so red.' chaewon thought as she chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you chuckling?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I am not." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not so long they arrived at the hotel lobby. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You go up first." yena said to the younger. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why? where are you going?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll just get some fresh air. I'll be back." yena assured. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Take care then. I'll be on the right side of the bed." yena chuckles.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Take it all. I'll just sleep on the sofa." chaewon felt weird that yena was like this, is it because of the alcohol yena drink.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena leave when the younger was out of her sight, she walk to the bar inside the hotel. She sit in front of the bar and request some drink to the bartender. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena was feeling sorry for yuri, she was guilty for hurting the girl she love just for her stupid father choices. She drank the alcohol until she was feeling numb. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It's already 1 am and she still not coming back.. perhaps did she fly back to seoul?" chaewon utter as she was laying at the bed with her pajamas. 

 

 

 

 

"Yena would never do that... or will she?" 

 

 

 

 

"No, No.. Don't think about that, let's just sleep." chaewon was about to close her eyes but she heard the door open. She stood up and walk towards the door hallway. 

 

 

 

 

"Yena?" she called. 

 

 

 

 

"Omg yena what happen to you?" chaewon said. 

 

 

 

 

She saw the older sitting—no almost laying on the floor, her eyes was close. Chaewon help yena to stand up by putting yena's arms on her neck. 

 

 

 

 

"You said you just get some fresh air. I didn't know you would be this wasted. I should not let you ughh! you're so heavy." chaewon said. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon lay yena down on the bed, she go to the toilet to get wet towel. Yena was sleeping because she was too drunk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Aisshh! I'll lecture you tomorrow choi. I am not your baby sitter." the younger groan as she wiping yena's arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't drink if you can't handle it." chaewon wipes yena's face, but get startled when yena held her hand, the older open her eyes not totally since her head is aching. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't smile to me choi." yena pouted. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Why you calling me choi now? you should call me yena unnie.. Is it because I'm married now." chaewon's mind was puzzling.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'what the hell she was saying?' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry.." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"If I hurt you.." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I don't have a choice."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"No— I do have a choice." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"But I choose this just for you to get better."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm really sorry." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I shouldn't marry other girl." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"It should be you.. Yuri."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'She thought I was yuri.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll be back to you.. Please wait for me.." chaewon was froze when yena cupped her cheeks and leaned her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yena..." chaewon utter. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love you." yena said before leaning her head towards chaewon. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'no' chaewon thought. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon was fast to action and push Yena to the side, that make the older face burried to the mattress. Yena was now soundlessly sleeping, while chaewon was having a hard time to breath not because she was out of oxygen but her heart was beating so loud. 

 

 

 

 

'What's wrong with this heart!'