Sorry

Mortal Enemy

 

 

 

"Yena unnie.." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm just here if you need someone to talk." her bestfriend- Yujin said. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Go home now yuj. I can handle myself." Yena said, the younger sighed she didn't want to leave the older alone, not when Yena in this kind of state. 

 

 

 

 

"I'll just stay here. just think that I'm not here." Yujin said. 

 

 

 

 

Yena didn't answer and just drink the alcohol, Yena directly go to the bar after Yuri's funeral. Yujin followed her since she doesn't know what will the older do. 

 

 

 

 

Yena don't want to go to her house, she might kill her father. Yena was too heartbroken, everything reminds her of Yuri. Yujin just remain silent beside the older while the older keeps on drinking more likely drowning herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yena unnie, that's enough."

 

 

 

 

"Don't stop me from drinking." Yena said as her eyes are now closed. 

 

 

 

 

"Drinking won't stop the pain you are feeling." Yujin said. 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah, I felt numbed but the pain still here." Yena pointed her heart, and start tearing up. 

 

 

 

 

"Should I just go after her? She's the only one that keeps me living but now she's gone.. I don't think I can.." Yena said, Yujin just sighed. 

 

 

 

 

"We're here, your friends, your family." Yena chuckles. 

 

 

 

 

"Family? Tch. as if they care." 

 

 

 

 

"If I die, you can have all of my clothes and games." Yena chuckles before she passed out. 

 

 

 

 

Yujin sighed, before she grab yena's arm and put it on her shoulder and carry the older to her car and drove to her apartment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 Months Later. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yena decided to come to her house, Yena has been living at her brother's apartment. She doesn't want to see her father, and she's been thinking a lot of things.

 

 

 

 

"You are finally home" Yena's mother hugged her. 

 

 

 

'This place never felt home' yena thought.

 

 

 

 

"Sorry." Yena said coldly. 

 

 

 

 

"Have you been eating?" Yena nodded and smile to her mom. 

 

 

 

 

"I've been living at seungmin, don't worry." With that Yena go to her room and pack her things up.

 

 

 

 

"Finally you decided to come home." Yena's father said as he sipped his coffee, Yena gritted her teeth. 

 

 

 

 

"Why? are you done mourning for your girl?" Yena clenched her fist, She calm herself not wanting to punch her father. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm moving out." Yena's father frowned.

 

 

 

 

"What did you just say?" her father stood up and faced her.

 

 

 

 

"I can't live in this ing hell." 

 

 

 

 

"not when the one who keeps me tied up here is now gone." Yena said.

 

 

 

 

Yena's father hardly slap her, her mother gasps.

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Yeobo. You don't need to hurt our daughter." Yena's mom said and about to move towards yena but the younger stop her.

 

 

 

 

"I'm moving out and that's final. You can't threaten me with anything." Yena said. 

 

 

 

 

"Should I give hard time to chaewon?" Yena's father once again threaten her but she just chuckles. 

 

 

 

"Do whatever you want."

 

 

 

"I don't even care about that girl. Our relationship was fake from the start." Yena said before going out. 

 

 

 

 

Yena stop on track when she saw chaewon at the door, the younger runaway. 

 

 

 

 

"Chaewon..." 

 

 

 

 

Yena didn't know but chaewon was there all along. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

'I'm sorry chae.. I didn't mean what I said.' Yena thought as she sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After that day, Chaewon and Yena didn't talked. Yena tried to approach the younger but Chaewon avoided her. Yena let the younger be since she's planning on having a divorce on her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was Yena's competition day, The track and field team was now on the field, stretching their bodies. 

 

 

 

 

"Yena!" 

 

 

 

"Minjoo" Yena look at her.

 

 

 

"I'm glad you came, Are you doing fine?" Minjoo nodded.

 

 

 

"It all thanks to you. I'll pay you back." Yena shakes her head.

 

 

 

"Just live a happy life thats all I ask. You've been living a tough life." Yena patted Minjoo's head.

 

 

 

 

"I already visited Yuri." Minjoo said.

 

 

 

 

"I'll visit her later." Yena smiled.

 

 

 

 

"The competition will start now. Watch me win this game" Yena said as she chuckles.

 

 

 

 

"I wish you a very goodluck!!" Minjoo smiled before sitting at bleachers.

 

 

 

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

 

The Track and Field team won another gold medal, They were jumping and running because of their victory. Yena was just smiling as she stand at the side, proud of her teammates. 

 

 

 

 

"Let's have a drink later!!" Chaeyeon said. 

 

 

 

 

"I think I'll pass." Yena said.

 

 

 

 

"Eyy. You should relax." Hyewon said.

 

 

 

 

"It's Yuri's 2 months. I'll spend my time at the cementery." Upon mentioning Yuri's name, Chaeyeon nodded.

 

 

 

 

"Okay, Take care bud. If you ever want to drink after, just come to my house." Yena nodded. 

 

 

 

––

 

 

 

 

Yena brought Yuri's favorite flower, She's already at the cementery when she saw a girl standing in front of Yuri's grave. 

 

 

 

 

To her shock, It was Chaewon. 

 

 

 

 

"Chae..." Yena utter, What caught her eyes was the box in front of Yuri's grave. Chaewon was about to walk away but Yena held her wrist.

 

 

 

 

"What's that box for?" Yena asked.

 

 

 

"See it yourself." Chaewon utter. 

 

 

 

Yena walk towards the box, still holding chaewon's wrist. Upon grabbing the box, She knows that she will breakdown.

 

 

 

"Wh–y you have this?" Yena asked without looking at Chaewon.

 

 

 

 

"Yuri gave me that the day when we were there." 

 

 

 

 

"She asked me a favor to give this to you." 

 

 

 

 

"Why only now?" Chaewon look away when Yena looks at her.

 

 

 

 

"I don't want to see you. I know you'll be visiting here but I didn't know you will be this early." Chaewon said then she pull her hands away. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm going." Chaewon said coldly, she was still badly hurt onto what Yena said about her to Yena's dad.

 

 

 

Yena was fast to caught Chaewon's hand, She gripped on Chaewon's hand.

 

 

 

"Chae... Can you please be with me while I open this?"

 

 

 

 

"I don't think I can open this alone." Yena said as her tears suddenly falls down, Chaewon sighed. 

 

 

 

"I—"

 

 

 

"Please chae.. just this one. I'll never bother you again if thats what you want."

 

 

 

 

"Just stay here with me.." Yena said. 

 

 

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

Yena already open the box, Chaewon was just by her side. Giving her a strength to open the box. 

 

 

 

Yena was now burst into tears because of what inside the box. It was Yuri and her pictures and all the letters she wrote for the younger. 

 

 

 

It was all full of memories, memories of what they have. Yena was having a hard time to breath that makes chaewon panic. She search at Yena's bag and saw water, then she let the older drink it. 

 

 

 

"Cha-ewon ah... I thought I was okay." 

 

 

 

 

"I don't think I'll be okay." Yena said then she cried on Chaewon's shoulder, the younger brush her hands on the older's back.

 

 

 

 

"I wasn't even there when she took her last breath. I wasn't there when she's having a hard time." 

 

 

 

 

"And she's always there for me." 

 

 

 

 

"I should have just ignore my dad. So I don't have regret. I'm stupid." Yena said. 

 

 

 

 

"Ssshhh, You are not stupid Yena. You only do that in order for Yuri to survived." 

 

 

 

 

"Yuri was well aware that day would be her last day. And even in her last breath, It's you that what's on her mind." Chaewon said.

 

 

 

 

"You don't have to act like you are okay, It's okay not to be okay especially if you are hurting." 

 

 

 

 

"And Yuri will always have a place in your heart. Yuri will always be part of you, I know You'll be fine, You just need time to heal." Chaewon said, Yena felt the comfort from Chaewon. 

 

 

 

Chaewon was just the person who understand what she feel. She was glad that there's chaewon beside her, if not Yena would have fainted.

 

 

 

––

 

 

They were now at Yena's car, Yena place the box on the backseat, Chaewon was sitting at the passenger seat. 

 

 

 

"I'll drop you off to your apartment." Chaewon just nodded. 

 

 

 

 

The ride was silent, only the car passing can be heard. Yena would glance at the younger time to time.

 

 

 

Yena broke the silence.

 

 

 

"Chaewon." 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry." the younger look at her. 

 

 

 

"about the thing I said that night. I just said that because dad threaten me again." Yena sighed. 

 

 

 

"I already moved out from that house."

 

 

 

"Sorry. I didn't mean what I said that I don't care about you." Yena said as she slowly pull over since they already arrived at Chaewon's apartment. 

 

 

 

"Chae.." 

 

 

 

 

"I don't want to put you in this mess." 

 

 

 

"I'll file a divorce. Thankyou for helping me for everything." 

 

 

 

"I'll always be greatful. Just tell me what you want to repay you." Yena smiled. 

 

 

 

 

"I don't want a divorce."

 

 

That's what chaewon said before going out of Yena's car which leave the older puzzled. 

 

 

––

 

A/N: Hiiiiiiiiii!!! It's been a whileeee.