Half

Mortal Enemy

 

"Have you heard the news??"

 

 

 

"You won't believed it."

 

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

 

"Choi Yena's father has a child outside and it was Park Jihoon." A group of friends gasps.

 

 

 

 

"I heard them talking at the parking lot." 

 

 

 

 

"I can't believed it."

 

 

 

"That's why Yena was so mad and angry about Jihoon." 

 

 

 

"I wonder what will happen if it release to the public."

 

 

 

"Yeah, Knowing how Choi and Park competitions." 

 

 

 

"I'm invested to their story. Let's see." they all nodded. 

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

"Oy! Choi."

 

 

 

"What?" Yena who was stretching said.

 

 

 

"There's a rumor around the school." Yena look at Hyewon.

 

 

 

"Is it true? that You and Jihoon are basically siblings?" Yujin enter the scene.

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. Is that surprise you?" Yena look at them as she still stretching. All of them nodded.

 

 

 

"I don't really care about him being my half brother. But he pissed me off." Yena said then she run to the field. 

 

 

 

Yena stop running when Jihoon called her name.

 

 

 

"This gonna pissed me off again." Yena thought as she sighed.

 

 

 

As Yena turn around Jihoon held her collar as the latter eyes was fuming red. It alarm the track and field team and about to go to Yena but Yena gesture them NO.

 

 

 

"What the hell do you want?" Yena said as she look at Jihoon. 

 

 

 

Students start to gather and watching the two who was about to fight.

 

 

 

"Did you spread the news about us being half sibling?" Jihoon said, Yena chuckles.

 

 

 

"Are you ing kidding me? Why would I spread a news that involve a trash like you." Yena said, Jihoon frowned. 

 

 

 

"Why are you even upset about it? Aren't you glad you know your biological father, Since now you know why your so called father never cared about you and just cared about Woojin." Yena smirked, Jihoon clenched his fist. 

 

 

 

"Just go to my father and tell him to just accept you as his son. So he don't bother me." Yena said before pushing Jihoon away from her collar then she run again. 

 

 

 

 

"Yeah right. Let's pissed each other of." Jihoon utter before walking away. 

 

 

 

—————

 

 

 

"Okaaay everyone settled down." Ms kwon said inside the bus. 

 

 

 

They were going to camping site since it's part of the school tradition that once in a year the school will be holding an healing event for the students. 

 

 

They we're already in the bus, Yena and Jihoon was the only one who doesn't have a seatmate. They want to be alone and their friends agree to it. 

 

 

"Isn't that chae?" Yena said as she saw the girl struggling to her luggage outside. 

 

 

 

"She should have texted me so I can help her with her luggage." Yena utter then sighed. 

 

 

 

"Right. She's avoiding me." 

 

 

 

"Oh Miss Kim, You are the last one. You can just sit at the vacant seat." Ms kwon said then Chaewon nodded and bowed.

 

 

 

Upon seeing the vacant seat, Chaewon sighed. She wants to avoid the two of them, but she wants to avoid Yena more so she walked towards Jihoon'a seat. 

 

 

 

Jihoon smiled to her but she just look at him. Chaewon was about to sit down when Yena held her hand stopping her to sit beside Jihoon.

 

 

 

All the attention of the people in the bus was on them the moment Yena held Chaewon's hand. Even the track and field team was shocked.

 

 

 

"Sit beside me chae." Yena said as she looked at the younger.

 

 

 

"She chose to sit beside me Choi. Go back to your sit." Jihoon said as he smirked, Yena didn't mind the guy but her focus was on Chaewon. 

 

 

 

"Go back to your seat Yena." Chaewon said without an expression. 

 

 

 

Yena sighed then she slowly let go of chaewon's hand. The younger felt her heartache the moment Yena let go of her hand. 

 

 

 

Yena just go back to her seat sighing, more like sulking. Chaewon observe the older face before sitting beside Jihoon. 

 

 

 

"Don't bother me, Jihoon." Chaewon said. 

 

 

 

"I haven't do a move. Don't worry I'm not in the mood to bother you. Maybe later, so I can mess with Yena." Jihoon smirked then he close his eyes to take a nap. Chaewon just sighed. She looked at Yena's seat but immediately look away when Yena's eyes was already on her. 

 

 

 

 

The ride was smooth and they got into the camping site safely, Everyone got their luggage out of the bus. 

 

 

 

Everyone was busy fixing their tent, Yena was the first one to finished standing the tent. She decided to lay down first she has a lot of things in her mind. 

 

 

 

'I don't want a divorce.' 

 

 

 

That sentence didn't help Yena to sleep, It keeps echoing inside her head. What makes her hard to sleep is how Chaewon voice sound so serious. 

 

 

 

"It was the deal chae. why don't you want me to divorce you." Yena deeply sighed.

 

 

 

"Hey Yena. Ms kwon called us to gather." Yujin said, Yena nodded then she stood up. 

 

 

 

 

All of them we're gather, Ms kwon explained that they can do whatever they want but not the dangerous one. If someone do dangerous things then that someone can be suspended.

 

 

"Alcoholic drinks are allowed, But drink in moderation" Ms kwon said, The students shouted in chorus. 

 

 

 

"That's all, Enjoy this day." Ms kwon smiled along with other profs. 

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

It was night time and every groups has a bonfire itself. Of course the Track and Field team has their own business. 

 

 

 

"Yo. Yena what was that scene in the bus earlier?" Yujin was the one who open the topic.

 

 

 

"Nothing." Yena chug her beer.

 

 

 

"Ey. Don't be others. You have a thing on chaewon? why because she looks like Yuri?" Yena throw a piercing glance on Yujin. Yena chugged the remaining beer on her bottle before walking away from the team. 

 

 

 

"Hey! That's only a joke. I'm sorry Yena!! Comeback here!" Yujin shouted. 

 

 

 

"That was insensitive." Hyewon said.

 

 

 

"I know. I'm sorry." Yujin lower her head. Hyewon just shakes her head. 

 

 

 

 

——

 

 

 

Yena walked towards the place that was no students, It was not too far. She just wants some time alone. Everything seems suffocating her. Yena deeply breath. 

 

 

 

Yena was looking at the city lights, It was indeed cold. Yena drunk her beer in one chug. 

 

 

 

"Stop drinking." Yena look at where the voice came from. 

 

 

 

 

"Tch." Yena open another beer. 

 

 

 

 

The girl snatch it away from her.

 

 

 

"Give it back chae." Yena said. Chaewon didn't obey what Yena said.

 

 

 

 

"I said give it back." Yena grabs the beer but Chaewon's grip was too strong that she got drag along the bottle.

 

 

 

She ended up sitting on Yena's lap, The smell of Alcohol from Yena is making her dizzy. 

 

 

 

 

Yena look at Chaewon's eyes, She mesmerizing chaewon's face until her eyes landed on the younger lips. 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon gulped she was about to stand up but Yena didn't let her, Chaewon was now sitting beside Yena.

 

 

 

 

"You."

 

 

 

"Why are you making it hard for me?" 

 

 

 

 

"Why are you avoiding me? if you don't want a divorce." Yena said.

 

 

 

"Isn't it our deal? That's where our relationship will go." 

 

 

 

"Why don't you want it anymore? Don't tell me you fell in love with me?" Yena chuckles then she drink her beer, chaewon didn't talked she was just looking and listening to Yena. 

 

 

 

 

"You can't love me chae." Yena said then she look again to the city lights. 

 

 

 

 

"Why not?" Yena look at chaewon again. 

 

 

 

"I'm too broke to love you back. I don't even think I can love someone else other than Yuri" Yena sighed.

 

 

 

 

"That's why I'm asking for a divorce Chae. You are too good, I don't want to hurt you." Yena slightly smile. 

 

 

 

 

"Are you just letting me go to Jihoon?" Chaewon suddenly utter.

 

 

 

"huh?" Yena was clueless.

 

 

 

 

"Your father. If you divorce me, then Jihoon and I will get married." Yena frowned. 

 

 

 

 

"My dad also agree to that. He's also happy if that happens, since he wants to see his grandchildren before he leave this world." Yena frowned more.

 

 

 

"And I don't want to be with Jihoon. I rather stick with you than him. Plus Yuri has a favor for me to comply." Yena turned her head to Chaewon upon hearing her dead lover's name. 

 

 

 

 

"what favor?" 

 

 

 

 

"Not to leave your side, even if you tell me you want a divorce." Chaewon said as she slightly smile. 

 

 

 

"She said that when she woke up in the middle of the night, She said it then she gave the gift we open last time." 

 

 

 

 

"What else she said?" Yena said.

 

 

 

 

"That she's happy."

 

 

 

 

"She's happy that there's someone beside you once she left the world." Yena felt her tears falls down. 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon immediately hug the older and her back. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't divorce me Yena." Chaewon utter. 

 

 

 

 

The younger didn't know what gotten to her mind that she cupped the older face then she wipes her tears away. 

 

 

 

Chaewon leaned in to captured the older lips, She didn't know where she got the courage but something push her to do it. 

 

 

 

On the other hand Yena wasn't even surprise to the sudden contact. Maybe because she drink enough alcohol to feel numb.

 

 

 

It was just a kiss without them moving, Their eyes we're closed. No one dares to pull away, afraid. Afraid that one may leave. 

 

 

 

Not when Chaewon decided to move her lips as she clung her arms around the older's neck pulling her closer.

 

 

 

Yena felt weak that she gave in into chaewon's lips and kissed her back. 

 

 

 

It's not too long when Yena pull away and she stood up. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry chae." That was Yena's last words before walking back to where us everyone. 

 

 

 

 

Chaewon just sighed before chugging the beer that Yena left beside her.