Not

Mortal Enemy

 

After 2 hours of driving, Yena and Chaewon arrived at the hospital where yuri was confined. 

 

 

Yena park the car, then she get out of the car. She didn't stop the engine since chaewon was still sleeping. 

 

 

The older walked but then she looked back, yena sighed as she look at chaewon. 

 

 

The older walked back to her car and nudged chaewon. 

 

 

"Hmm?" Chaewon hummed, not opening her eyes. Yena chuckles at the sight of the younger. 

 

 

"We're here." The younger slowly open her eyes and roam around the surroundings.

 

 

"I told you, I'll stay in the car." 

 

 

"You want me to feel bad?" Yena said.

 

 

"I don't even personally know yuri, And she might get hurt if she know that I am your 'wife'" yena sighed. 

 

 

"I'll explain everything to her. C'mon lets go. Don't let me carry you out of this car." Yena said as she turn off the engine. 

 

 

Chaewon groaned, and get out of the yena's car. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey minjoo." Yena call the younger name, Minjoo was currently sitting outside yuri's room. 

 

 

"Yena unnie?" Minjoo looked at Yena.

 

 

 

"Why are you outside?"

 

 

"I just got here. I work part time in the near cafe. I left my phone in yuri's room. Aissh, I forgot that she's not allowed to use phone right now." Yena frowned.

 

 

"She just called me earlier. Is she okay???" 

 

 

"She's fine now unnie, She just fainted earlier." Yena sighed in relief.

 

 

 

"Minjoo. This is chaewon, ahmm my.." Yena didn't know what the right word to introduce chaewon.

 

 

 

"Fake wife." Chaewon interrupt. Minjoo just bowed and smile.

 

 

 

"Unnie.. You are not allowed to go here right?" 

 

 

"Yeah. But I'm so worried when yuri calls me, and she said she's getting surgery tomorrow and she's saying nonsense thi—" Yena stops talking when minjoo suddenly burst out crying.

 

 

"Unnie......" minjoo cried out. 

 

 

 

"Why are you crying? Everything's fine right?" Yena embrace minjoo. 

 

 

 

"The surgery tomorrow... It's 25/75..."

 

 

"25% that yuri will survive." Yena felt her heart drop.

 

 

"No.. Yuri will be fine, You know how strong Yuri are." Yena said.

 

 

 

"I know.. But she herself want to give up." 

 

 

 

"It's all my fault... She might be thinking that I don't care about her anymore now that she knows I'm married.." Yena blame herself.

 

 

"It's my fault...." Yena whisper.

 

 

"Hey don't say that. It's not you fault. She must be tired with all the treatment they do to her." 

 

 

"But I know, I'm one of the reason why she suddenly wants to give up." 

 

 

 

"Anyway unnie... I'll be out for a moment, can you look yuri for me for a while."

 

 

 

"I will. I will not leave her side." yena said. 

 

 

 

Minjoo excuse herself, Yena open the door and saw Yuri's sleeping figure. 

 

 

 

"Yena, I'll just stay outside." Chaewon said, 

 

 

"No, Come in and maybe sleep on the couch. I know you are tired." Yena said, chaewon just obey the older. 

 

 

Chaewon lay down on the couch and close her eyes, Not really sleep just don't want things to get awkward. 

 

 

 

"Hey... I'm here now joyul." Upon hearing yena's voice, chaewon felt her heart was aching for a reason. 

 

 

Yena was sound so helpless, Yena was in pain. As much as chaewon don't want to listen to whatever yena will say, she can't.

 

 

"Why are you always asleep whenever I visit?"

 

 

"You don't really want to see me huh." yena chuckles.

 

 

"I'm sorry yul.."

 

 

"I'm not even by your side during your treatments, I can't even give you a cheering speeches."

 

 

 

"I really want to be by your side everyday.. But I just can't." 

 

 

 

"Not when you are still not okay.."

 

 

 

"Yul please stay strong.."

 

 

 

"Once you get well, We will runaway together." 

 

 

 

"I won't let them hurt you." Yena carries yuri's cheeks.

 

 

 

"I love you so much yul.. I don't know what to do if you'll leave my side." Yena said as she was a sobbing mess. 

 

 

Chaewon also hide her tears, Yena's word was so painful to hear. She felt sad how yena was staying strong even if her father was so mean to her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was in the middle of the night, Yena was leaning on the side of yuri's bed, sleeping.

Chaewon woke up as she heard a voice asking for water. 

 

 

Chaewon eyes roam around and her eyes landed on the girl laying on the bed. Chaewon immediately stood up startling the younger. 

 

 

"Hey here, Drink it." Chaewon gave the water bottle to yuri.

 

 

"Thankyou." Yuri said almost whisper. After Yuri drink she asked a question.

 

 

 

"Why is Yena unnie here? Her father will be mad at her.." Yuri said with worried tone.

 

 

 

"Don't worry about her father, I'll handle it." chaewon let out a assured smile.

 

 

 

"You must be yena's wife." Yuri smile, more likely bitter smile.

 

 

 

"Ahh yuri.. about that..." Yuri shakes her head.

 

 

 

"It's okay, You don't need to explain."

 

 

 

"I'm actually glad." Yuri look at chaewon.

 

 

 

"I will finally leave this world knowing yena has someone by her side." Chaewon frowned.

 

 

 

"What are you saying? Yena still needs you by her side." Yuri smiled.

 

 

 

"I just know, I won't be able to survive the surgery even if we try." 

 

 

 

"Don't say that." 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can I ask you a favor chaewon unnie?" Yuri look at the older.

 

 

 

"Yuri..."

 

 

 

"If anything happens to me later at the surgery can you give this to yena unnie?" Yuri said as she pull the box on the drawer.

 

 

 

"You'll be fine yuri, You can give that to Yena yourself." Chaewon said, She didn't personally know yuri. But this scene was a painful for her too. 

 

 

She didn't know why she's feeling this but she's hurting. 

 

 

 

"Just... take care Yena unnie for me." 

 

 

 

"She means so much to me." Yuri's tears starts to flow. 

 

 

 

"One last favor."

 

 

"I know that yena unnie will think to divorce you when I'm gone to this world. Can you... not sign it if it happens?"

 

 

"I—"

 

 

 

 

"I know she's mean sometimes and she act before thinking. Pleasee chaewon unnie" Yuri now look at chaewon's eyes.

 

 

 

"Don't give up on her."

 

 

"She may not love you right now."

 

 

 

"But I know she will." Yuri smile, a genuine smile. 

 

 

 

"Yuri..." 

 

 

 

"I'm getting sleepy again unnie.. Probably I'll won't wake up or else die" Yuri chuckles.

 

 

 

"Yuri.. Please wake up later. Atleast see yena before going into surgery." Yuri nodded.

 

 

 

"I'll try. Thankyou chaewon unnie." Yuri smiled before closing her eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All of them are awake except yuri, Yena was biting her nails since a hour from now the surgery will begin. 

 

 

"Yuri, Please wake up.."

 

 

"Atleast talk to me before going to surgery." Yena said as she held yuri's hand. 

 

 

Thirty minutes had passed finally yuri woke up, Yena immediately stay to yuri's side. Yuri slowly open her eyes. 

 

 

"Unnie~" Yuri smile as she saw yena.

 

 

"Joyul~" Yena kissed yuri's hand. 

 

 

Yuri looked at chaewon and minjoo.

 

 

"Can you give us a moment?" yuri politely asked, The two nodded and get out of yuri's room. 

 

 

 

"Joyul~ I'm glad you wake up. I thought you won't wake up until your surgery." Yena smiled.

 

 

"Yena~"

 

 

"I miss you so much yuri.." 

 

 

"Please get well~ Please fight for me.." Yena said almost begging yuri.

 

 

"After you get well, We will runaway together. We will runaway from my father." Yena said, Yuri nodded and smile.

 

 

"Let's do that." Yuri said, holding back her tears. 

 

 

"I love you so much yul~" 

 

 

"I love you too yena."

 

 

'Let go of me whatever out come of this surgery.' yuri thought.

 

 

 

A few minutes later, Some nurse walk in to the room. It is time for yuri's surgery, Yena, Chaewon and Minjoo was outside the operating room. 

 

 

Yena tried to calm minjoo down even she can't calm herself. Chaewon was just standing there praying that everything went well.

 

 

 

Chaewon still thinks what yuri said. 

 

 

'Don't give up on her' yuri's voice echoed to her head. 

 

 

 

All of them was startled when chaewon's phone rings. 

 

 

"Yena."

 

 

 

"It's your father." chaewon added, but yena was like not hearing things. 

 

 

 

Chaewon decided to answer the call. 

 

 

"abeonim?"

"Where's Yena?"

"She is in my apartment." 

 

"Apartment or hospital? 

I'm infront of your apartment."

 

"abeonim"

 

 "That girl. She really 

use you to go to that 

girl"

 

"Tell her, If she don't go 

home now with you.

I'll stop the surgery right now."

 

'How can a father be like this.' chaewon thought.

 

"I'll tell her." 

 

 Call ended.

 

"Is it my father?" Yena suddenly spoke up,chaewon nodded.

 

 

"He said, if you don't go to home. He'll stop the surgery." Yena frowned and clench her fist.

 

 

"Minjoo. Call me whatever the result, I hope it's good. My father knows that I am here." Minjoo nodded.

 

 

"Unnie, Thankyou. thankyou for everything. I'll repay you someday." Yena smile.

 

 

"You already repay me by staying by yuri's side." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'll drive." chaewon insisted.

 

 

"I can drive."

 

 

"No. You are not in the right mind to drive." Yena sighed, she just give key to chaewon. 

 

 

 

Yena close her eyes the moment chaewon drive, She felt exhausted. 

 

 

 

 

After 2 hours of driving chaewon park the car and wake yena up. Yena open her eyes. 

 

 

"Let's go get inside. Don't worry about your father, I'll say it's my idea since I want to meet yuri." chaewon said.

 

 

"No, Don't protect me chae. I don't care what he will do." Yena said. 

 

 

Upon entering the house, chaewon gasps as she witness what yena's father do to her. 

 

 

"YEOBO!"

 

 

"ABEONIM!!" chaewon and yena's mom shouted. 

 

 

Yena's father hardly slaps Yena. Yena stop chaewon from coming near her. 

 

 

 

"You get inside my room first chae." 

 

 

 

"But yena.." 

 

 

 

"You really use chaewon with your nonsense." her father said.

 

 

"abeonim, I—" chaewon was interrupted.

 

 

"I said go to my room chae." Yena said, she looked at chaewon and soften.

 

 

"Let me handle this." yena slightly smile, chaewon can't do anything but to obey yena. She felt crying, Yena's father was too much. 

 

 

 

"Oh, acting mature now." 

 

 

 

"What do you want?" 

 

 

 

"I told you to stay away from that girl. And you broke our deal." her father said.

 

 

 

"It was her surgery now dad. Can't I be there ? That could least I can do."

 

 

"You have your wife now."

 

 

"wife? ahh right. force to have a wife." Her father was about to slap her again but chaewon held his hand.

 

 

 

"Abeonim.. It's my fault, I'm the one who insisted to go there. I want to meet yuri." yena frowned. 

 

 

"Don't protect her chaewon. This girl need to learn some lesson" Yena sighed. 

 

 

They all interrupted when Yena's phone rang. Yena immediately answer the phone call as soon as she saw the caller ID.

 

 

"Minjoo."

 

"Minjoo??"

 

"YAH!! Talk to me!!"

 

"Unnie."

 

"Minjoo tell me what is it?"

 

"Everything's alright right??"

 

"Yuri's surgery succeed right?"

 

"I'm sorry."

"Yuri.."

"She's.."

"She already left us." 

"That's not t—rue"

"I'm sorry unnie'

 

Yena felt her whole world collapsed, her father snatched the phone from her hand. She wants to cry, A heavy feeling start to envelope her heart.

 

 

Yena runaway as fast as she can. She heard chaewon and her father shouting her name, but she felt deaf at the moment. 

 

 

Yena get inside the taxi and directed the taxi to go to the hospital where yuri is.

 

 

 

"No. It's not true."

 

 

 

"Not when I don't see it with my own eyes."