Epilogue

That June Everything Changed

AN: FLUFFY!!! Fluffy epilogue for you lovely people...

 

 

 

--June 2035--

 

Ji Chang-Wook sat in the car drumming his fingers on the steering wheel and occasionally glancing at his watch. He’d tracked his daughter here two hours ago but a call from his eomma had warned him that if he dared intervene he would be cut out of the family registry. He considered driving around the block again but worried if she came out before that and he would miss her. All he wanted to do was make sure that she was ok and give her a ride home. How anyone had allowed an eight year old to take public transportation without an adult amazed him. 

 

Suddenly a little girl walked down the steps of a modern concrete and glass building. She was holding the hand of a kind looking woman who was talking on the phone while glancing up and down the street. Spotting him, she started waving in his direction. He jumped out of the car and walked as quickly as possible towards the pair.

 

"Appa!" The little girl squealed in shock trying to hide behind the woman.

 

"Aish. Ji Min-seo! What…"

 

"Ji Min-seo’s appa! I do not think there is anything to worry about. Ji Min-seo is a very responsible young lady and I am sure she will apologise for giving her appa a scare," She gave the little girl’s hand a shake.

 

"Appa! Sorry… I told BOTH halmoni where I was going and both oppas. Only you and eomma didn’t know and that is because you always say that I couldn’t go until school is over."

 

"And school finished today. Is that what you are trying to say," Ji Chang-wook asked his only daughter and youngest child.

 

"Of course," and she gave a little toss of her head that showed beyond doubt she was the princess of the family. 

 

"Omo! our little Min-seo-ah! She finished school today! And what did Appa promise if she was good?"

 

"Ice cream and a trip to the amusement park!"

 

"And was Min-seo-ah good?" he saw it dawn on her that sneaking off to an audition without telling her parents might not be considered ‘good’ in her appa’s eyes.

 

"Of course!"

 

"oooOoooOooo I don’t know… giving your eomma a scare? Making me drive here and put off an interview… what if I can’t make any money and can’t feed your halmoni, eomma, and oppas... or you!” 

 

That was clearly too much for his little Gongju and large tears began to drip down her chubby cheeks. 

 

"Appa!!!" the little girl began to cry.

 

"Oh Min-seo-ah… no…I was teasing you…Appa has enough money… and Eomma too… don’t cry of course you can have ice cream and we will go to the amusement park… don’t cry our little precious Gongju…"

 

"Promise?" came the watery reply.

 

"Of course."

 

"Great!” her tears disappeared and she smiled brightly up at her appa. “I want mint chocolate chip with chocolate sprinkles, and halmoni wants strawberry but the nice one with bits of real strawberries.”

 

"I think you have just seen what an incredibly gifted and natural actress your daughter is. But with parents like you and Ji Min-seo’s eomma it isn’t surprising. Oh, I have spoken with Ji Min-seo’s eomma and one or other of her halmoni’s will bring her to set for filming."

 

At the age of 48, Ji Chang-wook finally understood what it meant to be struck dumb. 

 

"You win some, you lose some," he shook his head and followed his daughter back to the car. "I hope I can get a good iced Americano at the ice cream store…"