Bipolar Lisa

More For You, Less For Me

LISA 

Its getting late so I thought maybe Jennie is already hungry. I brought her to a KBBQ restaurant within the park and that's where we ate our dinner. I contemplated its time go home and let Jennie have some rest.

"Yo, J, its getting so late now. I have to get you home. Your mom might be worrying about you by now."

"J? And no, my mom's out of the country and I'm actually living in the dorm, but yes, I think its time to go home," she replied as she gave a soft smile.

"Yes, J. I decided to give you a nickname. And I'm the only one who can call you that, understand?" I grinned proudly and raised my chin while crossing my arms.

Jennie just chuckled at my action and started to walk towards the parking. "Yeah, sure, I love it. Cmon, lets go home, L." She didnt look back so I cant see her face when she said that.

L? Seriously? Whats with my past and present colliding and they both love calling me L???? Roseanne also calls me that. *sigh*

I didnt comment on that and simply followed her towards the parking but then bumped into her back when she suddenly stopped.

"J? Whats wrong? Why did you stop?" I asked her when I noticed that she was looking up to the sky.

"L, how about we go ride the ferris wheel first before we go home? I really want to try it." Jennie pointed at the ferris wheel continually spinning.

I looked at where she's pointing and I can see why she loves to go. Our ferris wheel emits colorful lights on its exterior and is not closed so you can watch the sight below and above while breathing cool night air.

I nodded and grabbed her wrist softly to lead her towards it. Once we arrive we proceed to it and now we're already on the third round.

I noticed Jennie clutching her arms tightly as if she's cold so I asked,

"Are you feeling cold?"

She slightly nod, "Ah, yeah, just a lil bit but dont worry."

I dont think she's just a lil bit cold though because now she's kind of shaking. I removed my business coat and slowly placed it on shoulders to protect her from the cold.

I didnt look at her afterwards because I got too shy and afraid to see her reaction. But I saw from my peripheral vision that Jennie smiled shyly to herself and her cheeks got red. Probably from the cold.. it cant be a blush, Lisa dont get your hopes up.

"Th-thank you, Lisa," she smiled despite her stammer.

I looked away and just nod my head. After a while, I heard her phone beeped and Jennie's expression changed to a sad one upon reading the message so it made me alert and alarmed at the same time.

"Jennie? Who's that? You suddenly looked sad." I asked worriedly.

She looked me in the eyes and just shook her head. "Its.. its just Kai."

"Are you ready to tell me now what happened back there?" I havent realized that my hand already creeped towards her hand and squeezed it assuringly. "I'm going to listen."

Jennie glanced to our hands and looked back up to me with her eyes softening. "Well, I guess I can trust you with this." She squeezed my hand too. "So, just this afternoon, I learned that Kai is gay. I saw him kissing with Kyungsoo when I followed him. He's been fooling me since last month."

I was drinking water using my right hand when she said that so I choked and spit away water from my mouth.

My eyes widened as it dawned on me what she just said. I remember Kyungsoo is known by his stage name D.O., he is another member of EXO. So Kai is gay and he's banging his fellow member whilst on a relationship with my Jennie here? What an .

"Ha! I knew it, J!! The first time I laid eyes on that Kai, my gaydar beeped like crazy already!!" I mocked Kai and laughed exaggeratingly.

"Hahaha, Lisa! You're so funny.. but I dont know, L. Its just that, I'm so in love with him and I thought he really is the one. I already accepted he's going to be the father of my children in the future." Her eyes are starting to get watery with tears.

I feel my heart being squeezed upon hearing the father of my children in the future but still tried to shrug off the pain and focused on making Jennie feel better. This is not the right time to be selfish, Manoban.

"Give him some time, Jennie. Did you let him explain himself to you?" She just shook her head no. "Then maybe you guys should talk first. You may want to hear his side too. Maybe Kai is confused now, but it could be he really loves you more than his attraction to Kyungsoo."

Devil Lisa: you, you're such a bipolar Manoban. What are you doing? Just a while ago, you mocked Kai but now you're defending him. Dont you want Jennie to be single so you can have your way with her???

Angel Lisa: No, Lisa. What you did is the right thing to do. Dont be selfish. If you truly love Jennie, you'd choose her happiness over yours even if its hurts you in the process.

My conflicting thoughts were interrupted when Jennie chuckled while wiping the tears that escaped from her eyes.

"You really are queer, Lisa. One moment ago, you laughed at Kai for being gay but now you want me to patch things up with him," she shakes her head and continued, "but.. thank you, Lisa.. you cleared my head and I think you're right we should talk first and try to save our relationship."

I smiled awkwardly but deep inside I'm smashing my head against a cold hard wall. Stupid, bipolar, Lisa Manoban. You almost had your chance and you threw it away.

The ferris wheel finally stopped so we get off and this time walked briskly towards the car.

I drove Jennie home to her dorm and by the time we arrived its already 10PM. We bid our farewells to each other but before that Jennie asked for the selfies we took together.

"BTW, L, can you airdrop the photos at the amusement park? I'd like to post them on my ig." She smiled at me and fished her iPhone out of her handbag.

"Yeah, sure. Here." I sent her the photos that I took of her and the selfies that she took. After that, I smiled at her and said bye while walking backwards to my car. I dont want her out of my sight yet.

Before Jennie closed the gate, she gave me one last wave. I waved back but was a bit too late because it was already closed.

I sighed and just entered the car then drove back home to our mansion. I received a text from Mr. Choi telling me that the CF shoot will be moved to an earlier date which will be 2 days from now.

This is crucial. I wonder if Kai and Jennie can fix their relationship before the shoot.