Jennie

More For You, Less For Me

JENNIE

I just got inside my room and immediately threw myself onto bed. This day has been long and tiring and a lot of things happened in such a short period of time.

First, Kai is gay. Next, I found enjoying myself in Lisa's company which came as a shock to me, honestly speaking. That's because my first impression of Lisa wasnt really a pleasant one. It leaned more on the negative side which now I felt guilty about.

I also liked the idea of giving each other special nicknames. That makes our friendship closer and more intimate. We shared moments that I will forever treasure in my heart.

What Lisa suggested that I should try to fix things with Kai was very commendable. She may look like that kind of friend who always messes with you but in the end, she'll be the one to give you the most logical advice.

All these thoughts were swirling through my mind when I felt my phone vibrated on my pocket. I fished it out and saw a long text message from Kai.

"Jen, lets talk tomorrow. Please, babe, let me explain first. I never meant to hurt you. And after what happened, I realized that I may be attracted to both gender, but I can never stand seeing you hurt. It breaks my heart to see your tears. And that was the turning point, I couldn't lose you. I cant live without you. I love you so much, Jennie Kim please give me another chance. Lets see each other tomorrow at our usual dating park and usual time."

It took me a few moments to contemplate what to reply but then ended up with a short one.

"Alright. See you then."

I sighed deeply after I pressed the send button. Sent.

I didnt wait long for a reply because shortly after, I read his response.

"I'll be waiting Jen."

I stood up from the bed and grabbed a bottle of cold water from my personal fridge. I drank almost half the content then scrolled through my gallery. I found the photos I shared with Lisa and tried to suppress a smile but failed. I accidentally saw my reflection on the mirror and realized I was showing off my gummy smile unconsciously.

Lisa has really excellent hand at photography. She just used a phone camera but how come these photos look like they were taken using a professional camera.

I then looked at our selfies. Aww, we're both so cute. My eyes lingered on the last photo. Why the hell did I even do that. I honestly have no answer when Lisa asked me why I decided to face her on that last selfie. I just felt like it was the right thing to do. And I have no regrets whatsoever. We certainly look like a gay couple here though. I chuckled at my own thoughts. WAIT, NO!! I'M NOT GAY. I'M STRAIGHT. I CANT BE GAY. BEING GAY IN SOUTH KOREA IS EQUIVALENT TO CAREER OVER.

I drank the rest of the bottle to shrug off the gay thoughts. I chose to upload my solo photos at the fountain as well as our selfies together except for the gay-ish one. I didn't put any caption on the photos because I'm quite lazy tonight though I did tag Lisa using her @/lalalalisa_m which I got from the paper she creatively gave me on our first meeting.

Within seconds, my post was flooded with lots of likes and comments asking who Lisa is. I usually dont like or respond to comments but I do read them. I bumped into some hate comments but simply skipped them right away cos they wont do me any good anyway. One comment caught my eye though. It was from my big fansite, GummyBaby.

I'm glad you had a fun time today. :)

I dont know how to explain this. But her comment gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I can feel her sincerity and I'm glad and blessed to have such a fan.

I pondered whether to reply or to just DM her and decided to do the latter.

"Yup!!! So much fun! How I wish you were there to capture my crazy moments hehe! I rode the roller coaster for the first time! =)))"

Then SENT. I dont understand why I'm opening up to her so fast. Maybe it has to do with the fact that she saved my life back then.

Right. That makes more sense. I keep on thinking that to convince myself.

I noticed that she read the message and started to type then stopped shortly. Huh? Why did she stop? She's taking a long time to make her reply. Is she putting a lot of thought? I honestly find it cute if that is the case.

I was disturbed from my train of thought when a notif chimed in "lalalalisa_m commented on your post"

Oh? I checked it out right away. I frowned upon reading the comment.

I look so hot and gorgeous there but where's the last though?

Damn, that girl is back to her cocky self. I can imagine her grinning while typing it. I sighed but what last is she talking about?

...

...

...

My god. NO. Is she pertaining to that photo that screams GAY??? Did she really think I'm brave enough to risk my career because of that? I mean, even if there's really nothing between us. Because there is REALLY NOTHING. South Korean netizens will still make an issue of it that may grow into something bigger and affect my prospering career.

I decided to ignore her comment hoping it will be buried by the others. I scrolled through the other comments and saw that a huge chunk of them were complimenting Lisa's looks and appeal.

I nearly fell off when I saw that Lisa replied to all of them. She's shamelessly flirting with all of them regardless if its a boy or a girl. Wow. I dont know why I'm kinda pissed. But I'm more pissed off at the fact that I'm getting pissed. You get me? I shouldnt care whoever she flirts with. I'm about to meet Kai tomorrow and talk things out. Focus on that instead, Jennie.

I went back to my DMs to get my mind off Lisa and check if Gummy already replied. And she did! I didnt notice it probably because I was so drowned thinking of Lisa.

Then you should've gone with me instead of Lisa.

I smiled when I read her reply. Maybe she's right. Maybe Gummy and I can be friends in real life actually. Like bestfriends.

Hmmm. I would love to. Maybe we should meet properly next time. Like not just as fansite master and idol. But as friends.

This time Gummy didnt take long to reply.
Yes, for sure. But now's not the right time, J.

J...

J..

J...

HUH? J  WH-WHAT? I only know one person who swore to be the only one can call me that..

Dont tell me.. LISA?!?!?!