Rendezvous

More For You, Less For Me

JENNIE

Previously..

Yes, for sure. But now's not the right time, J.

J...

J..

J...

HUH? J  WH-WHAT? I only know one person who swore to be the only one can call me that..

Dont tell me.. LISA?!?!?!

..ennie. Sorry for that. Accidentally pushed send button.

I heaved a sigh of relief. I didnt know how tensed my body was until I relaxed my nerves.

I dont know why I feel so relieved knowing it was an accidental mistake. I just.. I have no idea how to react if they turn out to be the same person.

Guess I'd be embarassed at the very least.. for sure. But I'd be mad  too, I have the right to be, that means she'd been playing me from the very start. 

In any case, I dont have to worry about it since Gummy and Lisa could never be one.

I typed in my response while drowned in my own thoughts.

Ohh. Haha. That's alright. Honest mistake. I do hope we get to meet each other soon. Like.. you without the mask. I want to see the face of my savior.

Gummy was offline now. She still hasnt seen my message. I start to wonder what she's up to when my phone buzzes and I saw a text from my manager.

Jennie,  the schedule for the CF has been moved earlier. The new sched will be two days from now. Kindly disseminate this to Kai. Be sure to be in good shape, both of you.

My jaw suddenly drops open. I cant believe this. What's with the timing! Is universe playing a game with me? 

I dont know how its gonna end with Kai tomorrow. I hope for the best. Whatever the result, we still have to shoot the CF together and I'd rather work with him in good terms than not.

I sent an "okay" as reply and threw myself onto bed again.

----------------

KAI

Its getting cold out here so I clutched my coat tighter around my body. I'm currently waiting for Jennie so we could get back together, not that we actually broke up but yeah to fix the I've done.

I fished out my phone from my pocket and noticed a message from Kyungsoo.

Babe, how's it going? Are you done yet? Come back here as soon as you can. You cant lose her..at least not yet.

I know exactly what he means. And that's just about the motivation and extra push I need to go on with our plan. I need to get this right. I have to make this work with Jennie. For the sake of my and Kyungsoo's future. I got caught once, and I will never be caught again.

I smiled to myself while thinking about our plans. I feel bad for Jennie, I dont really want to mess with other people's feelings or manipulate them. But this has to be done.

I noticed a slight movement amongst the trees nearby. They're here.

I figured it'd be easier to get my clutch on her if I involve the public to leave her with no choice but to return to me. I know she values her career more than anything in her life. And if it means that her career will prosper if she's with me because that's what the public would like to see, she'll stay with me.

Not that I'm not confident she no longer loves me and decide to break up and move on.  But I need assurance so I invited my friends from various news and media outlet to secretly spy on us and gave them permission to post all footage they get. Just to reassure the public that the IT couple of South Korea is going stronger than ever. A small smirk escaped from me but was cut shortly when I heard Jennie call.

"Kai?" Jennie's head was tilted to one side. She's wearing a coat as well and has her favorite beanie on. She looks cute despite her dark outfit.

I got rid of my smirk and changed my expression to a miserable one. Youtube videos can go a long way. That's where I learned how to put on make-up that will make you look so haggard, stressed  and miserable. I'm pretty sure Jennie's heart must be shattering into pieces right now upon seeing the "dark circles" under my eyes and my disheveled hair.

I looked up to her and walked slowly. I held her in my arms and hugged her as tightly as I can.

"Jen, I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry. Forgive me please. I promise not to entertain Kyungsoo's feelings for me anymore." They couldnt hear what we're talking about. I dont give a single damn what articles they write about us as long as it benefits our relationship.

I can feel Jennie flinch with the words I spat then she glanced up to stare at my face. I didnt break the eye contact to make her believe I am serious. She tried to push away my chest but I didnt let her, instead I scooted closer to her.

"How am I supposed to believe that Kai? You have been cheating with Kyungsoo behind my back and I have no way to know if you're gonna keep that promise when you guys basically are roommates and work together in the same damn group!"

"I know, I know! I learned my mistake now. I understand if it will take you time to trust me again. But I promise you I'll do anything and everything to bury that memory from your mind." I caressed her back while she just stood with her hands on the side.

"Why did you not tell me you're biual?" Her tone was cold and void of emotion.

Damn girl, why are you makin this difficult? Just say yes. Lets get this over with.

"I should've told you, Jen. Believe me, there were many times I almost confessed. But the fear of you leaving me because of my uality is something I could never bear. I'm gonna lose it."

"So why did you cheat me on me with goddamn Kyungsoo. I know he seems gay to me but I never thought.." her voice faltered and did not finish what she's about to say. "You never gave me any reason to doubt you before.. until you and Kyungsoo happened."

"I dont know, Jen. Kyungsoo..well he has always been there for me. Obviously, we're roommates. When you were frequently out of the country for your world tour, I guess that's when we sparked an affair." I lied and let out a breath and held her chin up to face me again.

"But when I saw your tear-stricken face running away from me that day, I made a split second decision. I cannot live without you. I ended things with him that instant. He begged me to stay and choose him over you but I know what he and I have is a huge mistake. I remember our future plans, getting married, having babies, build a happy family and I'm gonna stick to that." I looked her straight in the eyes and I can tell she's already falling right into my trap again.

I kissed her forehead and lingered my lips for a little too long. When she didnt resist, I continued to talk.

"I'm gonna stay away from him from now on. I'll only talk to him when necessary and if theres a camera. I will switch rooms with Chanyeol and heck, I'll even live outside the dorm to get away from him. I will give you no reason to worry and doubt me again, babe."

"Hell, no Kai. You are not going to do that. You dont have to compromise your living situation."

I smiled at her, "Are we okay now?"

"I never said that." She looked shyly away from me. God, this is really whipped for me.

"Yup, we're definitely okay now. I promise babe, you'll never regret giving me this chance." I gave her my famous boyish grin and despite the dim lights I can see her cheeks getting redder by the second.

You'll never regret giving me this chance.. but you'll regret it later.

I think its time to take out my secret weapon. I brought out a small box and showed her a golden ring. Damn, this ring literally emptied my wallet. But its okay, I'm gonna get this back after I'm done with you. The end justifies the means.

I kneeled down before her and took her hand.

"K-kai? Wh-what are you doing?" Jennie stammered upon my sudden action.

"I need to seal my promise with this ring. This ring was an heirloom passed down from generation to generation in our family and we are only supposed to give this to the one we want to spend the rest of our lives with." I lied smoothly again to her while naive and gullible little Jennie believed it instantly. I almost laughed at it but stopped myself just in time. I'm getting better and better at lying, I'm almost becoming a natural.

Her eyes are becoming watery so I slipped the ring into her finger and stood up to kiss her right in the lips. I can tell she was surprised because her eyes widened in shocked but I didnt waver and continued to kiss her passionately trying to penetrate . It didnt take long before she kissed me back and parted her lips so I can explore with my tongue. I hope those s are taking good videos of this right now from different angles. I bet the public will go crazy.

When our lips parted, we were both panting and gasping for breath. I held her waist closer to me and whispered on her ear, "Shall we continue at my place?"