Truth

More For You, Less For Me

LISA

Ohh. Haha. That's alright. Honest mistake. I do hope we get to meet each other soon. Like.. you without the mask. I want to see the face of my savior.

. I tug at my hair while reading Jennie's reply to my fansite account on ig. I certainly did not mean to sleep on her but I was so tired last night from driving.

Now, what should I reply to her? I wonder what her reaction will be when she finds out I'm GummyBaby.

I know its inevitable to reveal my true identity over time but I dont think now is the time. Maybe on her birthday concert? Afterall I'm already invited and given VIP pass because her manager told us all Jennie's fansites will have such passes to celebrate her birthday with her fansite masters.

After contemplating for few more minutes, I decided to go on with that plan.

Really sorry I didnt realize I fell asleep but okay then, queen. I'll show myself on your birthday concert. I hope you dont regret it. :((

I added the last line because I feel like nothing's going to be the same again once she knew. Its a risk for me either she'll be glad that its me or she'll feel like I'm messing around with her by talking to her as Gummy and Lisa separately. I let out a deep breath as I touched the send button. Sent.

I switched to my Lisa account and checked if Jennie liked or replied to my comment. It was a long shot but I'm not surprised she ignored me. I thought our amusement park date brought us closer even as just friends but I guess not.

I casually scroll through my news feed to gather news about Jennie but one caught my eye and I almost choked.

Nation's IT couple spotted having a steamy date at a park last night.

Then a huge picture of them kissing was plastered all over the article. A footage was even attached at the end. I know I shouldn't and I'm just gonna hurt myself but I'm a ing masochist so I clicked the video.

this angle. And their camera. This one was so close I can see Kai's hand pulling Jennie's waist almost grinding on her and Jennie's hand on his neck kissing him back with the same amount of passion.

I looked away before I can even finish the clip. You have no right to be hurt nor be jealous, you prick. You did that to yourself. You're a ing masochist, Lisa. You almost had Jennie but you chose to give her back to that gay Kai.

"STOP!!!!! ING STOP!!"

I slammed my fist on the wall beside my bed. I cant keep calm. My thoughts are all so messed up right now. I fumbled through my phone and searched for Jennie's number.

Yes, I already have her number saved on my phone even if she didn't give it to me. It wasn't too hard to ask for her number from her manager when we're basically partners for a project. I dialed her number and clicked call.

I waited for a few rings before she answered. But the sweet, soothing voice I was expecting and hoping to be able to calm my nerves down turns out to be a deep, husky, masculine voice. I did not have to ponder to know it was Kai. And it just confirmed the news. So Jennie really made it up with Kai huh. I clenced my fist and jaw at the thought.

What the hell is he doing why does he have Jennie's phone this ing early in the morning???

"Who's this?" I heard him as he answered the call.

"Where's Jennie? Why do you have her phone?" I did not bother responding to his question and went straight to the point.

"Oh, is this Lisa? My girlfriend's at my bathroom. Hmm. She's probably cleaning herself up after the mess she made with me last night." He dare chuckled on the other end of the line.

"What do you mean by that?" I actually know what exactly he means but I'm still in denial.

"Oh, you know. Typical thing between couples. Lets just say we tasted each other last night. Its called make up dude. Not like you'll ever experience with Jen though. Haha."

I clenched my fist even harder and tightened my grip on the phone.

"What about Kyungsoo
?" I asked him. If I find out he's still seeing Kyungsoo I swear I'm gonna do everything in my power to stealJennie from him.

"Oh, she told you about us? Well, we're done, I broke up with him. I'm gonna benefit more if I'm with Jennie than with him. So yeah  its Jennie." I can almost imagine him smirking over the phone and it pisses off every cell of my body.

". Did you just tell me you're only using her for your own career?! Dont you love her??!" I blurted out angrily. I'm fuming in anger.

"Oh. Yeah, I love her cause she's good for my career. Afterall, her popularity adds to my popularity too. I love her till I exhaust her career. And maybe till I her 3000 times too. Then after that, you can have her and enjoy my leftover. Nice catch huh."

His mocking tone never failed to piss me off. "Thats bull, Kai. I'm gonna tell Jennie."

"Oh. You could try that. . . If you think she will believe you over me. She's ing head over heels me, Miss Manoban. Dont hurt yourself now."

I was stunned for a moment when he said that. I cant deny he has a point. He's the boyfriend, and Jennie and I are not even that close yet. Jennie will surely believe his words and she'll think I'm trying to put Kai on a bad light. Me telling her that night at the amusement that she should give him a chance does not even help. You're so stupid, Lisa. If only you grabbed the opportunity. . .Jennie would've escaped falling for his lies again.

I was about to retort when I heard a feminine voice on the other end of the line: "Kai, did someone call? I thought I heard it ringing awhile ago."

That's Jennie's voice!! "Jennie!! Kai, give this phone to Jennie!!"

But he did not respond and instead ended the call in a rush.

I slowly put down my phone and just stared at the wall, trying to process everything he said to me.

He's only using Jennie and only wants her for her fame. He's gonna dispose her like a after he's done with her. I cant let that happen. I cant let Jennie face another heartbreak. She might lose it this time. I have to save her from that cycle but I dont know how. I've witnessed how she loves Kai so much and saw her miserable and vulnerable state when he cheated. If I do tell her now, what would that make me?
---------------

I ate breakfast while still thinking about Jennie. By the time I finished, I've already made a decision. I'm gonna tell Jennie tomorrow before the CF shoot starts. I know its gonna put my business project at risk since she might not push through with it, but I dont care. She deserves to know the truth anyway. She doesnt deserve to be cheated twice by the same man. I'm gonna beat Kai to a pulp afterwards. That's the plan I came up with so far.

------------------
I just got out of the shower and is now drying my hair in the process. Tomorrow will be the CF shoot and I hope Jennie believes me. I know it'll come out weird once I tell her the truth since I was also the one who pushed her to Kai again in the first place.

My phone buzzed after a while indicating that a text message arrived. I picked it up and read that its from Jennie.

Hi, Lisa. This is Jennie! I just want to say everything between Kai and me turned out okay. Thank you so much for telling me to give him a chance. We wouldn't have gotten back together without you. Hope I could see you tomorrow during the shoot so I can treat you out or something. :)

And that's what she said. Her tone is very enthusiastic I can tell. I tried to imagine her face tomorrow after what I'm about to say to her. I closed my eyes tight and shook my head. I can only see a crying Jennie running away. I cant do it.

I cant break it to her. I dont want to be the cause of her misery. She just got back with Kai. She's happy right now. You've seen the news Lisa. You've seen her kissing him lovingly. Its obvious she wont believe you anyway. Worst is you could end up ruining your friendship with her.

Hence, I came to conclusion to drop the matter at hand. Give it up, Lisa. Its none of your business. You're out of their relationship. Also, there's still a chance Kai might develop real feelings for her. . . maybe. . maybe I should just make a way for him to love Jennie to prevent him from hurting her soon.

And in order to do that, I should stay away from his girlfriend. With that thought in mind, I ignored Jennie's text message.

I texted another person instead.

"Roseanne, do you wanna hangout?"