Sandwich

More For You, Less For Me

JENNIE 

I'm staring at myself in the mirror when the phone rang.

Kai's calling. This means he's probably already outside. I once again checked my entire fit before I go downstairs. I'm wearing Chanel from my clothes down to my accessories. Yup, for today's private meeting I decided to stick with my Human Chanel nickname.

I rushed down and opened the gate to see Kai's car parked nearby. He bobbed his head outside the window and waved.

As I approach him, he got out of the car and opened the passenger's door for me.

"Morning, love." he whispered closely to my ear as he hold my hand to assist me. I smiled at him and kissed his cheek, "Morning too, love."

-----------

We arrived at the Manoban Holdings 10 minutes before the calltime. Guess we still have enough time to get to the board room.

Me and Kai entered the building hand in hand. I saw many employees running back and forth with lots of folders on their hands. Damn, this company is such a busy one. Nobody even paid attention to the IT couple of South Korea.

I dont mean to brag but I was just used to people screaming or looking stunned when they see me and Kai together ESPECIALLY when we're holding hands.

But here, nobody cared about that. They're not fazed by the presence of celebrities. Or maybe they're already used to seeing celebrities walking in and out of their company since the Manoban Holdings is quite known for getting huge celebrities as their endorsers.

Anyway, its our first time here so we dont know which floor is the board room. Its a good thing we spotted a floor directory easily in a corner.

Okay, so seems like the board room is on the 20th floor. We proceed to the nearest elevator and went up.

When we arrived in the board room, there was a man in business coat seated at a swivel chair.

"Good morning! Welcome Ms. Jennie and Mr. Kai! I'm Seunghyun Choi, assistant project director for Moon Sunset. Come, come. Have a seat please. Lets wait for our project director for a while. She'll be here in no time." the man ushered us to the long table.

"Thank you, Sir." Kai replied.

After 10 minutes of waiting, I'm starting to get bored. I was fiddling with my phone when the board room door opened and a grey-haired girl entered with her head down looking at her phone.

The man who welcomed us stood up at once. "Oh, she's here. Good morning, Miss Lisa!"

Incidentally, I was seated at the part facing the door directly so the girl was facing my direction when she looked up from her phone. She saw my face and grinned.

The girl looked at her phone again then at me. This time, though, her expression changed from grinning like a fool to a now confused look, her brows knit together.

She looked at her phone again then at me. She blinked her eyes many times and wait, did she just pinch her ??? Lmao. She's starting to amuse me. I supressed a smile from getting out of my lips.

She definitely looked like she just saw a ghost. But.. there's no way she doesn't know she's meeting the Jennie Kim and her boyfriend right? I mean.. we are here because of her.

The girl, now looking pale ran towards the door and left.

Hmmm? What was that all about?!

I glanced at Kai and he had the same confused look. I looked at Mr. Choi and seems like he's clueless too. After several seconds, the girl entered once more but this time she looks more composed.

"Good morning everyone! Sorry for making you wait. Lets start immediately." Huh? Her voice sounds kinda familiar. I'm just not sure where I heard it before. Or maybe they just sounded alike.

"As you wish, Ma'am. But first, let me introduce to you properly our models. This is Miss Jennie and her boyfriend Mr. Kai."

As if on cue, me and Kai stood up.

"Jennie, Kai, this is our project director, Miss Lalisa Manoban. She's also the only daughter of CEO Manoban and hence the heir of the Manoban Holdings."

Wow, this girl is legit wealthy. Now that I got to take a good look at her face, she also looks gorgeous. Her doe eyes are mesmerizing, her red plump lips and her perfectly sculpted nose. Her business suit fits her body just right, emphasizing her curves. She's got a perfect face and body.

Lalisa Manoban extended her hand so I obliged.

"Nice to meet you, J."

"J?"

"I mean, nice to meet you Jennie Kim. Our company is looking forward to working with you."

She shook my hand once but when I tried to let go, she resisted. Instead, she hold my hand even tighter. Our hands locked together for a little too long.

Kai suddenly coughed and that's when she finally let me go.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Manoban," Kai extended his hand to Lalisa.

But Lalisa only looked at his hand and mumbled something.

"Excuse me, what did you say? I didn't quite hear that." Kai said.

"Uh, no. I mean nice to meet you too." She said more clearly but still ignored Kai's hand.

Kai must have noticed it too so he put his hand back to his pocket. His brows furrowed.

"Alright, Miss Lisa. Here's the agenda of today's meeting." A folder was handed to Lalisa.

"Thanks, Mr. Choi."

"Okay, so basically we're just going to discuss briefly the terms and condition of the contract. And if you agree, you can sign it right after to close the deal. You may take your seat."

Lisa started reading the paper on her hands. First she talked about the financial matters, then the schedule of the CF. When she was discussing the content, she suddenly paused. She glanced at Mr.Choi.

"Um, Mr. Choi. Is Bullet #15 really necessary?" Lisa asked.

"#15?" Mr.Choi scratched his head. "What does it say?"

"It says there will be a couple scene in the hotel swimming pool." She looked quite annoyed. But why?

Wait.. did she just mention a couple pool scene? I glanced sideways at Kai and caught him staring at me. We both smiled.

I'm getting excited for this CF.

"Oh, that? Yes. That's necessary Ma'am. Our CF will be released on Valentines Day so it will spark more attention if we use the IT couple of South Korea. That's exactly why we chose them to be our models."

Lisa mumbled something again. Seriously? What's she mumbling about? But anyway, I super like the idea.

"Okay, okay. So we include that." Lisa is wearing a sour expression on her face. Which doesnt make sense. She should be happy because this scene will attract couples to their hotel. Ooops. >______<

Lisa continued to discuss more details and when she's finally done, she gave us the contract.

"And btw you guys need to attend the press conference this coming weekend to officially announce you as our new endorsers. Please sign this if you agree to our terms."

Hell, yeah! Of course, we agree. It will be a memorable one since the filming is on the same day as our monthsary.

I picked the pen and signed it. I passed it on to Kai. He signed it quickly and gave it back to Lisa.

"Thank you Miss Manoban. We are so ecstatic to do this CF. We cant wait for the filming!" Kai said to Lisa but quickly turned to looked at me and winked. I stuck my tounge out in response.

"Alright. The deal is closed then. We're done here." Mr. Choi checked his watch. "You two must be hungry. Wait here, I'm gonna ask Ms. Tzuyu to get us some food." He stood up and went to the door.

"Stop right there, Mr. Choi. Let me. Tzuyu wont listen to you anyway." Lisa stood up and passed by Mr. Choi to leave.

----------------

After a while, the door opened and I saw Lisa followed by this beautiful girl behind her holding a tray of sandwiches and drinks.

The girl proceed to give each one of us a sandwhich and soda.

"Thank you." I said as I received my sandwich with both hands. Ms. Tzuyu smiled in response. Wow, she's even prettier up close. Do you have to be that beautiful to become Lalisa Manoban's secretary? This Manoban got taste.

I shook my head to erase those thoughts. What am I thinking?!

Once I opened the wrapper, I realized I was so so hungry. I was about to take my first bite when I noticed something sticking out. I put the sandwich down below the table and pulled the thing thats sticking out.

Its a small paper folded into two.

What is this?

I unfolded the paper and there I saw a mobile number, email, facebook, instagram, and even twitter username written on it????

Who's it come from?

Then I saw the initials ---- L.M.

L.M. who the hell are you?

I was wondering who L.M was when I looked up from the table and kinda regretted that moment just because.

I caught Lalisa Manoban smirking at me.