2 - Just A Fan

More For You, Less For Me

LISA

There I saw Jennie Ruby Jane Kim walking towards us. As she passed by our area, I clicked the shutter button as fast as I can whilst taking different angles. It happened so fast that after a few seconds she's already outside the airport. 

I then checked out my photos. 

Ah. . .these are too good. Not because I'm an expert photographer. Its because of the model. She's really beautiful and too pure. My heart flutters every time I see her.

I've been a fan of Jennie since her debut. She started off with a black concept and I got mesmerized by her rapping skill and amazing vocals. I mean, in kpop, you're either a rapper or a full blown singer but this girl can do both! She's THAT talented.

There was a time she had a fanmeet at a mall and I was near the area. So, I took some photos of her and uploaded it online using a dummy account.

I was so shocked when my post went and garnered millions of likes and thousands of comments. Some of them were complimenting my photos.

That's when I decided I want to take more photos of Jennie Kim and share it to the world. From less than a hundred followers, my account now has 327K ( 3/27 <3) followers making it the most followed fansite of Jennie. I cant believe I even surpassed Jennie Bar! Ahahahaha. My HQ photos matched with poetic captions did that!

As I followed this girl in all her events, I also got to know her personality despite not having talked to her even once. She's such a sweet person and always takes care of her fans. She never ignored any of them and never fails to accept fan letters even if her manager refuses to let her.

I can say that she's a loving person who's forever grateful for her fans. And because of that, I started to fall for her.

But I know I shouldn't. I should keep myself in check. I cant love her. Not because we're both girls. I have no problem whatsoever with my uality.

But because she already have someone.

She's dating the most popular member of the most popular boy group in the kpop industry.

Kim Jongin of EXO. Otherwise known as Kai, the dance machine of the group.

The two have been dating for over 6 months now. At first when I heard the news, I almost closed down the site because I was so affected and I couldnt handle it. But after some time, I realized that I should know my place. I'm just a fan of Jennie Ruby Jane Kim. I may be the master of her #1 fansite but that ends there. There's no way we can be more than that.

So, I made a resolve within myself that I will stick to be a silent fan. I will continue to follow her, take her best photos, share it to the world and not expect for anything in return. I will admire her from afar and be happy for her.

I will stay with you forever, Jennie.

------------

Now I'm here outside the airport. I called my driver to pick me up at a nearby convenience store. So I still have to walk from here to the store.

I'm already making my way to the store when I noticed a girl wearing a gray hoodie with denim jacket inside walking to a dark corner.

Hey, hey, isn't that my darling?
No, I mean, Jennie Kim??

I followed the girl stealthily to confirm if it really was J.

When the girl raised her head, I gasped as I realize she really is my darling J.

I hid behind a post immediately before she sees me. She looks like she was talking to someone. Maybe Kai?

Oh, well, I should give her privacy then. I was about to continue my way to the convenience store when I saw a man approached Jennie from behind and embraced her. WHAT THE ACTUAL ??

Okay, that man is definitely not Kai. Jennie is trying to get rid of him. I did not even think twice and run towards them. I was still wearing my mask and cap so I guess this is okay.

As soon as I reached them, I punched the man as hard as I can. The man fell to the ground and sprawled out. I did not stop there and started to kick him this time. I made sure to kick im in the sensitive parts to make sure he couldnt even stand up anymore.

"Stop! Stop! Please! You're killing me!" I heard the man screamed.

That's when I got back to my senses. I stopped. The man did not waste any more time and run away fast. I did not bother chasing him because my eyes are searching for J.

I found her still on the ground so I offered my hand to let her up. She hesitated for a moment but eventually accepted it.

"Are you okay, Jennie?"

"Yes. Thank you so much for saving me!! Wait -- how do you know me??"

"Of course I know you! You're Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, the most sought after female solo artist in Korea."

"What's your name?"

That question caught me off guard. I certainly didnt expect she would ask for my name. Usually, people just say thanks then they go away. I thought for a moment if I should introduce myself or not.

What happened to the 'I'll stick to be a silent fan'?

I remember what I've said before. I probably should go back to my business. I'm satisfied to be a nobody to her. I'm satisfied if she doesn't know me. 

I saw my camera which I left on the ground earlier before I punched the man. I picked it up before I looked at Jennie and turned my back from her.

"Yah! What's your name!!"

I stopped on my tracks when she raised her voice at me. This girl would  not stop till she gets what she wanted. I can sense that much. But, I really need to go now. My driver texted me that he's arrived at the store. Guess it wouldnt make such a big deal if I tell her my fansite name.

So I faced her and said, "Gummybaby."

"Gummybaby?" she repeated.

I did not reply and  turned my back once again. I started to walk away with my camera dangling at my side. Sigh. I'm gonna post-process these photos later and upload them before I sleep.

This isnt how I imagined my first conversation with Jennie will be like. But even so, deep inside, I'm happy.