Chapter 9 (Jeongyeon)

Platonic Love

 


Flashback

 

"Tell me what happen" jihyo asked jeongyeon, he look at her and roll his eyes.

"What do you want Jihyo" he started getting irritated, putting his book in the locker and turns to leave but jihyo grabs his bag and pushed him against the wall.

"You know you can't lie to me right?" She said, giving him a death glare, she always like that, even though jeongyeon is older than her but she always scolds the guy, maybe he just the type to get scolding often because of his immaturity.

After jeongyeon and nayeon broke up, they remain a good term, jeongyeon was the one who wanted that, he knows all his friends are her friends too so he told her he don't want their group is breaking apart because of them. And she agreed, they stayed as friends and acting like they never dated before, even their friends never mentioned about it. Nobody know the reason why they broke up, neither of them want to tell anyone.

And here, jeongyeon thought he already did his best, acting like the broke up doesn't not bother him one bit but of course jihyo, his friends for 7 years didn't buy it.

He sighed and tiredly look at his bestfriend, he notice that her brows furrowed and she looks annoyed. He knows she will never leave him alone until he say the truth.

"She cheated on me" he said, looking down at the ground his bangs covering his eyes, he started to feel pain again inside of his heart even though he tried to shrugs it off but the pain still didn't go away.

Jihyo just shakes her head and leaned her back against the wall beside him. She let out a frustration sighs before turns to look at jeongyeon again.

"I warned you before, I told you don't fall in love with her but you didn't listen. You're a good man jeongyeon, you don't deserve this" jihyo said to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon just remained still, his heart was shattered, a tears fall from his eyes, he hated to show his weaknesses to other even his bestfriend, but it doesn't matter anymore, it hurt him really bad, she hurt him so bad.

"don't cry" she said and pull his head to her shoulder.

"It's okay, everything's gonna be alright" she said softly rubbed his back to comfort.

 

 

*
*
*

 


After one year broke up with Nayeon, Jeongyeon didn't expect himself to fall in love with someone else this easily.  And the worst part is, he falls in love with Mina, Nayeon's childhood friend.

Myoui mina, the junior beauty who just transferred from japan. Immediately recognised as the visual queen of the school because of her looks and her good personality. Every male in the school fell head over heel for the said girl, Including Jeongyeon.

Since Nayeon and Mina knew eachother, Mina automatically became Jeongyeon and Jihyo's friend. Not long after, sana and momo joined the group since they're mina's classmate. Six of them became close pretty quick

Mina always said that she and nayeon were best friends since childhood, they were so close and they knew each other very well. It's weird, because they never acting like one, in fact, they are so uncomfortable with eachother. Jeongyeon remember when he was left with the two during one of their lunch break and he swore he could die because of the awkwardness between the two pretty girls, it was a traumatized for him. Since then, he swear he will never left alone with the two ever again.

Jeongyeon could see that mina love Nayeon so much, even though the older girl treated her like crap most of the times but mina was so patience with her. It's hurt him to see mina's face everytime nayeon hurt her with her cold treatment. Jeongyeon doesn't know why nayeon being like that to mina when all mina did was care for her.

Mina really has big heart and mature maybe that's one of the reason why Jeongyeon likes the girl. He doesn't know when it's started, but everytime he saw mina, he felt this funny feeling in his stomach and it's really ticklish, he's not sure why he felt this way, is it because of her beauty that could take his breath away or is it because of her soft spoke, calm and nice that could melt his heart.

He still likes nayeon, he's sure about it. But people said, we can love two person at the same time but not at the same amount. And Jeongyeon definitely sure that he loves nayeon more. Of course, nayeon was his first love. But when he with mina he feels.... Happy. So much happy that he forgot all the pains and suffering nayeon caused.

Sometimes, Jeongyeon feels he is horrible person for liking his ex's friend. That's why he wants to make sure that nayeon is okay with it. He wants to tell the girl about his felling towards Mina. 

But.

Shall he?


The school just ended and now jeongyeon and nayeon both walking towards the exit gate. Jeongyeon sigh and averted his gaze to Nayeon before he gently grabbed her shoulder to stop the girl from walking.

Nayeon raised her eyebrows and look at jeongyeon in confusion but he just look away, nervous.

"Nayeon I think I'm in love with mina" jeongyeon finally said after a long minutes of thinking and wondering, he decided to just let it out.

Jeongyeon hesitantly look up at nayeon. He can see from her eyes that she is also a little bit shocked, but her expression quickly change and she's now smiling.

"Everyone could see that" she said sarcastically and just give a look before she continue walking, ignoring the helpless guy.

Jeongyeon shakes his head as he snaps back into reality. He then jogged slowly to follow the girl from behind.

"You're okay with that?" He asked, there was a obvious hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" Nayeon's eyebrows furrow at the question blur written all over her face. 

"But she's your best friend" Jeongyeon hesitantly said, careful picking out his words which made the brunette laugh.

"Jeongyeon, I told you before. let's just forget about the past, you can date whoever you want" she chuckles teasingly and lightly hits Jeongyeon's shoulder.

Jeongyeon's face grew sour but he quickly cover it with a awkward smile, his mouth twitched as he forced the smile to look as real as possible.

Nayeon's cool with it, but he doesn't know why his heart is twitching.

"Okay, I'm going to court Mina then"

"Goodluck" Nayeon flashing a smile and ran to the direction of where her driver waiting for her. The driver opened the door for Nayeon as she entered the car.

Nayeon then roll down her car window and shouted "go get her, loser!" She smile brightly, showing her bunny teeth to jeongyeon that used to be his favourite. The expensive car then drove away until out of sight.

Suddenly Jeongyeon felt a sudden drop on top of his head, he then lifts his head to face the gloomy sky and felt another drop on his cheek but why it feels so warm. He wonders why. Is it the rains or it's just his tears.

"So she really move on huh" he chuckles bitterly, it's hurt, to see the girl who he love don't love him anymore.

"I guess I have to move on too" jeongyeon smiling brokenly

 


*
*
*

 

 

"I like you mina" Jeongyeon said after making sure that there was no one around, he doesn't want to get embarrassed, you know, just incase mina will slap him or anything, even though he knows mina would never do such thing but he just want to be careful.

He suddenly gets awkward when Mina give him an unreadable expression on her face. He never had the urge to just duck down and die on the floor, he can feel his cheeks heat in embarrassment. Then he heard a soft giggles from the younger girl and that's make Jeongyeon wonder if he should laughs along or not.

"I like you too" mina replied with a smile of amusement.

Jeongyeon can't think it's a good sign or bad sign, but one thing he surely know that was not the answered he wants to heard.

"Not like like that.. I mean like like I really like you like 'I want you to be my girlfriend' kind of like" Jeongyeon manage to say them all in one breath.

He then take a glance again at the younger girl. To say the latter is taken aback is the understandable, they have known eachother for only 4 months and they are not that close yet. And here he was, confessed his love towards the girl.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, releasing a deep breath that he never realised he was holding in.

It took a long time for mina to answer but he waited patiently.

"You're a good man Jeongyeon" 

"That's not an answer to my question mina"

"I'm sorry" mina said nervously, running a hand through her hair and sighing

"Look, Jeongyeon you're really a good man and I'm really sorry I-"

"It's fine, I understand" a quiet voice stopped her rambling, a gentle grip on her wrist stoping her movements.

Mina turned to face Jeongyeon and he just smile assuringly.

"We still friend right?" He asked, trying to sound as casual as he could. And thankful that mina didn't notice the disappointed in his voice.

Mina let out a sighed of relief before replying "Of course" and beamed flashing a bright smile, the kind of smile that made Jeongyeon flustered.

"I think I need to go" she said awkwardly, and that's when he realised he was still holding her wrist, he quickly let go of her hand and scratch his nape shyly.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" 

"See you tomorrow" mina turns around and start walk through the school hallway. Jeongyeon, he just standing there, watching Mina's back getting smaller.

' it'

"WAIT!" Jeongyeon shouted causing mina to stop walking and turn around to give Jeongyeon a confused look.

"Never give up on something you really want. It's difficult to wait, but worse to regret" Jeongyeon said and smiles sheepishly.

"What do you mean?" Mina asked, tilting her head, frowned.

"I just want you to know that, I'm not giving up on you that easily" he gave her a wink before running away.

And he's not kidding..

After that, jeongyeon did courted mina many times but she always turned him down, with the most polite way, of course.

It's weird how their friendship is not awkward at all, in fact they're much closer than before. Maybe because jeongyeon has that charm that makes people comfortable around him.

Senior year has started and things get more complicated for jeongyeon to court mina when chaeyoung, his brother had to transfer to the same school with him.

Chaeyoung started hanging out with mina more and it's kind of obvious that they both like eachother. 

That's the reason why jeongyeon stop courting mina.

To be honest, it would be a lie to say that jeongyeon is not jealous with chaeyoung, he's kind of sad but he knows he can't do anything about it. He can't hates his brother or mina, he loves them both and If they even end up together then jeongyeon only hopes that the two of them will take care of eachother since they both are so precious for jeongyeon.

It was all fine and jeongyeon was slowly moving on from mina, it was hard but he tries. Until one day jeongyeon decided to asked mina about her relationship with chaeyoung, because lately he noticed something off with both of them.

"Did chaeyoung.... did he confessed to you or something?" Jeongyeon asked mina suddenly when they had just finished their biology class. Jeongyeon failed biology last year so he had to repeat it again, that's why he had the same class as mina.

"What?" Mina was startled, taken aback by the unexpected question.

"I know you guys are fighting. I mean, everyone could see that and I think, maybe he did something to you that made you mad right?" jeongyeon try to explain when he notice a slight irritation in Mina's expression and voice.

"And what makes you think that he 'confessed' to me?" Mina asks, slightly annoyed.

"I just make a guess" he shrugs, opening the café door for mina and they both walked inside.

Mina remained silent and sat on by the window across from Jeongyeon. A stern look plastered on her face.

Judging by Mina's reaction, Jeongyeon knew he could be right. And being a good brother, he knows he needs to help his little brother. Even if it means he needs to sacrifice his feelings.

He let out a sigh before continue "Hey, chaeyoung is a good guy if-"

"No jeongyeon, he didn't confessed to me" mina cut him off harshly, Jeongyeon was taken aback, he wonders why the girl was so mad about it.

"We don't like each other like that Jeongyeon"

"Okay then" Jeongyeon nods with blank face but he was dying a little inside. 

He was glad to knew about that, that's mean a lot for Jeongyeon, It's means that he has a small chance. He admits he still like the girl, he really hopes that soon the girl will return his feelings back. But he knows the girl only see him as her friend.

Unless..

"What you want?" a voice snapped his mind from his deep thought, he looks at mina with his confused look "Ehmp?"

"What do you want to order?" Mina repeat, her eyes fix on the menu.

"Oh. Coffee latte"

"Two Coffee latte please" Mina said with a smile and returned the menu to the waiter. The waiter nodded, grabbing the menu and walked away with a slight blush on his face.

"Is he the guy that confessed to you last week?" Jeongyeon teased the girl, wiggling his eyebrows to Mina, mina just rolled her eyes.

"Well at least, he only confessed to me once. Not like a certain person I know who decided to confessed to me like... I don't know, maybe once a month"

"Oh shut up! That's was a long time before" Jeongyeon exclaimed making mina laugh at him.

After a couple of minutes, the waiter came with the coffees which they've ordered early.

"Thank you" Jeongyeon thanked him. The waiter bowed slightly to them before leaving their table.

Mina smile, staring outside the window on the road. Meanwhile, Jeongyeon was staring at her. Somehow the guy was smiling without him noticing.

"Beautiful" he muttered to himself and taking a sip of his drink.

"Btw, how many times your confessions get rejected by me?" Mina asked out of blue, Jeongyeon almost choke on his drink, upon hearing that. He glanced at the girl in front of him who act like nothing happened.

"That's rude mina. You know it's embarrassing to talk about it" Jeongyeon said and glaring at mina, but there is a hint of amusement on his voice.

"I just want to know"

Jeongyeon lift his brows, confused with mina's sentence "and why would you want to know that?"

Mina shrugs and looks so calm and no burden. It's strangely makes Jeongyeon feels nervous.

"6 times! Satisfied?" 

"So you've courted me 6 times? That's a lot" she said and rubs her chin, smiling teasingly at Jeongyeon, he just rolls his eyes and chuckles.

Mina leaned forward, her elbow are on the table, Jeongyeon gulps, noticing the closeness of their faces "you don't want to try the 7th time?"

Jeongyeon halts, his body is stiff, he confused of how he should response. He never know the elegant girl can be so bold, she was always shy and quiet. But now, is she trying to flirt with him? No way! It's just too good to be true.

'say something you stupid!' Jeongyeon mentally hit himself.

"For what?  You're gonna turn me down anyway" Jeongyeon laugh awkwardly, he his lips and sips his drink, Jeongyeon watch mina raising her eyebrows before a small smirk appeared on her face.

"I'm just saying" mina stands up, adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

"Besides, You never know" she said, giving him one last smile before turning around, walking away, leaving Jeongyeon speechless and blushing hard.


"Wait! You didn't finish your coffee yet"

 

 


*********Awesome9*********

 

So anyone still here? Is anyone still read this story? Anyway next chapter is mina's chapter and finally you guys will know the reason why mina was so mad at chaeyoung. So stay tuned.

And I'm really sorry if you feel the story felt a bit rushed. But I really want to finish this story faster before I finally get a job.

So I hope you guys enjoy.. bye.