Chapter 12

Platonic Love

 

 

[ Flashback from the end of Chapter 8]


"Please I don't want to lose you, you're my bestfriend" Mina said with sobbing, wiping her tears with her long sleeve, she then looks up to stare at Chaeyoung's face.

"Can we go back to our old times?" She said, more like begging.

'It's not that easy mina. Not when I'm trying to move on from you' he thought to reply but caught his tongue.

Chaeyoung sighs as he picked up mina's sandal and approach the girl, kneeling in front of her and put her bare foot on his lap, Mina was caught of guard by the action, but she just let him be. In fact, this is not the first time the younger showed her sweet gesture, this is one of the reason why she liked about him. Mina could only stay silent as she just watch the guy gently brushes the sand off her feet before strapped the sandal to her feet.

"I'm sorry...... but" chaeyoung started, his voice low, almost a whisper. He looks hesitate for a moment before look at mina with sad eyes, he didn't even tried to hide it and the next words came out his mouth just leave her breathless.

"Let's just... Don't talk anymore"

 

***

 

Let's just... Don't talk anymore..


Let's just... Don't talk anymore....


Let's just... Don't talk anymore.......


Those were the last word Mina heard before he left her alone in this cold weather. His words piercing her heart. It hurt. She wasn't naive, she knew chaeyoung will not forgive her that easily after what she done to him but why did it hurt so much.

She sits on the bench near the tree. Wind keep blowing send shiver through her body. It was cold and emotionless, just like herself. She doesn't know why she's getting so emotional about him doesn't want to talk to her anymore. She was the one who pushed him first, threw him like he doesn't matter to her.

Without realising, tears fell from her cheek, dripping one by one onto her hand. She then runs her hands through her hair desperately as she groans in frustration.

'Why am I feel like this is all my fault when he was the one who broke my heart. Damn you chaeyoung why you treated me like you loved when you're not. Such a playboy!'

 

"Oh my god! It's freezing cold here" someone exclaimed from behind making Mina jumped a bit from her seat then she saw a jacket drapped over her shoulder, shielding her from the cold. She looks up and saw Jeongyeon who is now smile warmly at her. She immediately looked away, hiding her face, quickly wipe the tears off her face.

Jeongyeon just looks at Mina's back confusedly but become panicked when he finally realised what was happening.

"Why are you crying?" 

Mina looked down because she can't looks at his face right now, suddenly feeling guilty towards the guy. She regretted for dragging him into this messed.

Since they started dating, he'd been nothing but nice to her, he treated her really well, he never do anything to make her feel uncomfortable and he never push her to do things she doesn't want to do. Jeongyeon really a good partner for her. She is lucky to have him sometimes she wonders if she ever made Jeongyeon feel this way about her.

He is too kind to her and she feels like she doesn't deserve his kindness. She is an evil to used Jeongyeon for her revenge, her stupid revenge just to made Nayeon jealous, knowing too well that the older girl still loves her ex. And it's worked, she could still clearly remember Nayeon's reaction, that gaze, the hatred and anger that painted all over her face when she knew about the dating.

Everyday, Mina kept asking herself, is she happy for doing that, is she satisfied for doing that, there were so many questions filled her mind but they were all left unanswered.

Jeongyeon noticed the fresh tears rolling down Mina's cheek, he instantly wipes it away and placed her head on his chest and gently caressing her hair to calm her down without realising his actions only make Mina feel worse than she already is. Guilty struck her even more. 

"I'm sorry Jeongyeon"

"Why? You did nothing wrong to me?"

"I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry Jeongyeon"

"Hey it's okay"

Jeongyeon embraced her, she began to sobbing uncontrollably and hug Jeongyeon back. His hug gave her comfort and that's what she needs the most right now. He rubbing her back soothly and kept telling her it was okay as she cried her eyes out, damping his shirt with her guilty tears.

 

 

It took her another few minutes to finally calm down and they started walking together, hand in hand, their fingers intertwined with eachother, heading towards the car park, where everyone are there.

 

"There they are!"

Everyone's heads turned to the couple and Chaeyoung's eyes automatically landed on their intertwined hands.

"So we decided to have a dinner together, wanna come?" Momo asked the couple.

Jeongyeon looks over his shoulder at the girl, he smile and asked her if she is okay with it and mina just shakes her head slowly.

"I'm sorry guys, Mina is not feeling well I need to fetch her home" Jeongyeon said apologetic. 

Unexpectedly, everyone are okay with it. Chaeyoung knows his friends too well, they will never accept 'no' as an answer. but when chaeyoung looks at Mina, he can't help but notice her puffy eyes.. well maybe everyone already noticed that, that's why they let them go easily.

"I hope you're feeling better Mina" Sana being an affection one, running to Mina and hug her. Jeongyeon let go of Mina's hand so she can properly hug Sana back.

He starting to feel awkward just standing there while the two girls beside him are hugging eachother so he decided to go to chaeyoung.

"You can join them if you want. I will pick you up at the restaurant" Jeongyeon said to chaeyoung, chaeyoung was about to reply but was cut off by Nayeon, who beside him.

 "Don't worry about him, I will bring him home" 

Jeongyeon just replied with a smile at Nayeon showing his grateful. 


Chaeyoung just stood there, still and silent, while watching Jeongyeon and Mina get in the car, they wave to the others first before drove off. A sigh finally escaped his mouth.

"You know why she cried?" Nayeon nudge chaeyoung's back and he just shrugs, acting like he didn't care at all. When in fact, he feels anxious and nervous, hoping he was not the reason why she cried, it hurt him to see her crying or seeing her unhappy like that. He might hate her but he knows deep inside his soul, he still care about the latter.

"Let's go, you are riding with me"

 


*

 


"Are you fine? You looks down" 

Nayeon frowned, looking at chaeyoung for a moment before focusing her eyes on the road again. It's already 8 PM and the road is crowded with cars and motorcycles and not to mentioned that she already lost sight of Jihyo's and Dahyun's cars while tailing behind them.

"I'm fine" Chaeyoung said emotionless.

"Okay then if you said so. Anyway can you please call Sana or Momo and ask them what the restaurant's name. I think we're lost"

Chaeyoung hummed before fishing out his phone of his pocket, swiping over the screen of his phone, he was about to dial Sana's number but stop when a notification of a new message flashed across his screen, without thinking long, he clicked open the notification only to find a message from Jeongyeon.

'Chaeyoung I'm sorry I don't think we can play Fornite tonight. I'm at Mina's place and I'll come home late. Don't wait for me.'

Chaeyoung frowns at the message, he didn't reply the message, locking his phone and slid it back into his pocket. Then he rest his chin on his hand while his eyes gazed out the window, thinking...

'why Jeongyeon at her place. What are they doing there..' 

He started to feel uncomfortable reading a not very unpleasant message that Jeongyeon just sent to him, the message was actually not that deep but for chaeyoung it is, his heart racing as a thousands of negative thoughts are floating in his mind at the time.

He even forgot he supposed to play Fornite with Jeongyeon tonight since they couldn't play it this past few weeks due his injured shoulder.

"So what the Restaurant's name?" The girl beside him asked make him back to reality.

"Let's ditch them. Let's just go to another place"

"Ditch them? Why? Is the place too far? I knew it we're lost" Nayeon immediately said with a panicked voice.

"No. Actually I didn't even asked them where is it"

Nayeon stares at him with annoyed eyes and say "are you fuc- I mean... kidding! Are kidding with me?"

"Let's go drinking tonight"

Nayeon snapped her head to look at the younger with disbelief washing over her face but then she bust into laughter when she saw how serious chaeyoung's face is right now.

"Drink what? Strawberry Milk?" Nayeon snickered while pretending wipe her fake tears.

"I'm serious Nayeon" Chaeyoung said through his gritted teeth. Nayeon stop laughing when she realised that Chaeyoung is mad serious right now.

"I knew it you're not fine. Something must have been bothering you"

"There's no reason. I just want to drink" 

"Omg chaeyoung, I'm not taking an underage to the bar" she said, not realising that she is underage too but thanks to her wealth, she can bought a fake ID which may explain why when she went to club or bar she was able to pass it easily.

"Let's drink at your house then. I know you have a plenty of alcohols there"

"Drinking is not a solution to your problem you know" Nayeon knows she is not the best person to give advice, especially on this subject. But still she said the truth.

"I know. I just want to forget something, for tonight, at least" chaeyoung answer, Nayeon fell weaker when his tone got a little too sorrowful and pleading.

She just sighs while used her free hand to massage her forehead. Nayeon swear she is not that kind of friend that encourage others to do wrong actions or to make them to have a bad thoughts. She knows she is awful but she doesn't want to be a bad influence to her friends. But yet, she doesn't know why suddenly she made an U-turn at the traffic light and drove her car, heading straight to her house.

 

 

***

 

 

Jeongyeon is sitting comfortably on the sofa while watching his girlfriend bit her nails nervously, he then grabbed one of a magazine on the coffee table and lazily flipped through the pages, not really interested at the information of the magazine.

"You don't want to ask why I was crying early?" Mina finally spoke for the first time since they entered the house 

"I don't want to push you. You can tell me when you're ready" Jeongyeon smile warmly at her then continue to scann the magazine that he doesn't even understand.

When he said those words with his kind smile, the sensation that had been killing her stomach come back, the guilty is coming back.

Jeongyeon seems to noticed Mina's expression that he immediately close the magazine and put it beside him, sitting straight up, elbow on his knees while his crossed palms caught his chin and his eyes staring into hers.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asked, concern can be depicted in his voice. He already has a feeling that there's something wrong with Mina when she suddenly invited him to drink some tea in her house. He thinks maybe she wants to tell him something important like.. a breakup maybe. Yeah he knew. He knew she didn't has the same feeling as him, even though the girl was trying her best not to show it but it's so obvious to not notice it.

Mina took a deep breath and gather her courage before turning looking at the man sitting in front of her and say "I don't love you"

Finally she said it....

She doesn't want to reveal everything to
Jeongyeon but at least he deserves to know that certain information. 

Jeongyeon facial expressions was blank. He didn't look suprised at all, it seem like he was expecting it. When Jeongyeon didn't speak, Mina took this chances to continue her words.

"I'm sorry, I accepted your confessions just because I want to use you. I don't really love you. I really sorry Jeongyeon"

She said while lowered her head down, doesn't have a heart to see his reaction when she said those words.

"Wow. That's kinda hurt" he finally said while he crooks his eyebrows, he doesn't look mad at all but Mina could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"I already knew you don't love me. But using me? for what?" Jeongyeon asked calmly, mina trying to find any anger tone in his voice but she found nothing.

Jeongyeon then let out a tired sigh after a long period of silence, he knows from Mina's expression, she is obviously doesn't want to answer his questions and he doesn't want to force the girl either.

"You don't have to answer that if you don't want to" Jeongyeon said, leaning his back on the sofa while his head was looking at the plain ceiling, plain as his mind, he doesn't know what to think anymore, he feels so numb, can't feel anything, he doesn't know if it was a good thing or not.

"Why you don't get angry at me?" Mina asked frustrated, she can't hold it anymore how can the guy acting like he is okay with everything, she just told him that she used him.

"I don't know.... Maybe because I'm already getting used to it.. being hurt" Jeongyeon chuckles sadly. And that make mina feel even worse. She is ashamed of herself for using Jeongyeon when she already knew that the guy have been through so much.

Jeongyeon let out a deep sigh as he get up and sit straight "So you want to break up?"

Mina looks shocked with the statement but she kind of expected that. 

"Do you want to break up?" She asked the same question, somehow her voice sounded a little bit sad.

"If I'm being honest, of course my answer is no. When I said I love you, I really meant it Mina and that feeling still won't faded even after you told me that you just used me. But If you want to break up then I think I will be okay"

His words make Mina feels flustered, after all of this, how can he still care about what she wants, how can he still put her as a priority, how can he could be so selfless.

She is in a dilemma, does she wants to breakup? She didn't think about that before, she just wanted to tell him the truth.

"I just don't want to hurt you anymore"

Mina said which make Jeongyeon smile at her, a bitter one and she continue her words.

"That's why I tell you the truth, and I want us to try it all over again"

Jeongyeon's bitter smile drop, replaced with a confused expression.

'Wait what?'

" I don't want to break up. I just want to ask you to give me one more chance, for me to love you back"

Jeongyeon just look at Mina, speechless. He expected her to go with a break up, he already prepared for it. But now Mina asked him for another chance, suddenly he doesn't know how to react.

"Please.. I will try my best" her voice was pleading and her face looks like she really meant it.

A smile appears on jeongyeon's face, the smile was brighter than before, somehow it makes Mina feels relax a bit.

"Then I will try my best, to make you love me back too"

How can he say no to this girl.

"Thank you" Mina reply with her soft voice. Fresh tears started to streaming down her cheek, but not tears of guilty and sorrow as before, these were tears of happiness.

Jeongyeon stand up and started to spreading his arms with a smile. Without thinking long, Mina dashed onto the guy's body and encircling her arm in his waist. She can smells his sweet scent and it's kinda comforting.

It was such a beautiful moment for the couple but Mina just has to ruins it with ...

"And can you please don't read a pregnancy magazine again in my house" Mina mumbles into his chest and she can feels Jeongyeon tense a bit with her words.

Jeongyeon abruptly pushed Mina(in a good way) to break the hug. He looks at the magazine on the sofa that he just fake-read early, then his jaw dropped and his face frowns in embarrassment when he saw the cover of the magazine.

''

"Well I am a prepared person" Jeongyeon said slowly and laugh awkwardly.

"Really? Maybe I can ask my mom if you can borrow her some of her magazine" Mina said teasingly making Jeongyeon blushed.

"Please don't tell her that" Jeongyeon pleading.

Mina just chuckles and nodded before she suddenly started laughing, can't hold it anymore, Jeongyeon just look at her in amusing and he laughed back. Call him cliché or anything but he swears he could sacrifice everything just to make her this happy.


He hopes she will love him back.

 

 

***

 

 

It wasn't the birds chirping or the sudden brightness of the room that woke Nayeon up this time but it was a headache. She groaned as she woke up, massaging her temple slowly, suddenly regrets the amount of alcohol she drank last night.

She stood upright and rest her back against the headboard. Another sigh escaped when she looks beside her, there's a guy who's still sleeping soundly. She stretches her arm out of thick comfy blanket, reaching her phone to check the time.

Her sudden movement had probably awake the guy beside her for him to suddenly stretches his not too long limbs, he yawns lazily while scanning his surrounding before freezing when he notices the person beside him, spending a few moment to be confused before he finally freak out.

"ARGHHH!!" he shouted.

"Please midget... It's too early" Nayeon mumbles as she ran her hand on her head, placing her palm on her forehead. The hangover is killing her already and she doesn't need chaeyoung to make it even worse.

Chaeyoung quickly looks under the blanket and realised he was only on his boxer.

"don't tell me we did that" Chaeyoung gasped while turn to look at Nayeon with those panic eyes and hot red blushing face.

Nayeon couldn't help but think how cute he looked right now but she decided to shrugs it off as she needs to calm down the tiger in front of her.

"No we didn't. Don't worry"

"But I'm !" He screamed but suddenly stopped. He abruptly ran his hands through his hair as he noticed his piercing headache.

'Is this how it feels to be hangover? Damn It's hurt!' -Chaeyoung

"Gosh stop freaking out. You don't even ! We didn't have okay. I didn't feel sore down there" Nayeon grumbled. She wasn't actually in the mood for conversation but she needs to clear up this misunderstanding.

"How can you so sure about it? We both drunk last night"

"Well can't you see I'm still in my pyjama? Besides, I'm not that drunk last night and I remember everything" Nayeon said assuringly but Chaeyoung only looked at her with a doubtful look. 

Nayeon sigh as she rolls her eyes annoyingly "it's either we didn't do it or your is so small that I can't even feel sore in the morning!" Said Nayeon, savage as usual which make Chaeyoung gasped again.

"fine! We didn't have last night! I guess"

"Good! Now go clean yourself so we can have breakfast because we need to go to school. Today is monday if you forgot" 

"Yeah you're right!" Chaeyoung exclaimed as he hopped out of the bed quickly and run to the bathroom.

Nayeon just chuckles at him before let out a soft groans as she readjusted the blanket on her shoulder. Sleep for another 5 minutes won't hurt right?

"And... "

Nayeon was about to close her eyes when a voice interrupted her, she annoyingly turn her head just to see Chaeyoung's tiny head pop out from the bathroom door "mines is not small" he said and give Nayeon a dirty look making her rolling her eyes and scoffed. Chaeyoung just laughed before close the bathroom door.

 

 

Only the sound of the hair dryer can be heard through out the room. Chaeyoung was allowing his legs to roam around Nayeon's large room as he wraps the towel around his shoulder like a  cape, covering his upper body.

The sound of the hair dryer abruptly stop. Soon, he heard a sound of door opening.

"Where's your shirt?" 

Nayeon asked making Chaeyoung turning his head to look at the older and he just shrugs and reply "It smells like an alcohol" 

Nayeon rolls her eyes before went out and go to another room to find something. After a few minutes, Nayeon came back with a white polo shirt in her hand.

"Here" Nayeon shove the shirt to chaeyoung but chaeyoung just look at the polo shirt in disgusted.

"If its one of your boys' I don't want to wear it"

Nayeon then throw the clothes harshly to chaeyoung and it landing perfectly on his face.

"Its my brother's. He slept over here sometimes" She answered, chaeyoung grab the shirt away from his face and look at Nayeon, shocked.

"You have brother? You never told me that"

"Well I'm not proud of it" 

Nayeon simply reply while busy putting on the make up on her face at the mirror, chaeyoung chuckled amusedly at the sight, he wonders why the girl needs to put all that make up when she already beautiful with bare face.

Chaeyoung shakes his head slowly while his eyes wandered around the room again, it landed on the picture frame on the desk. Chaeyoung found himself smiling when he realised it was picture of Nayeon and Mina when they were kids.

"I always forgot that you and mina are close"

"She's my childhood friend of course we're closed"

"No wonder you guys are bestfriend"

"Were" she corrected him making Chaeyoung frowned and looking at her confusedly.

"Were? Are you guys fighting now?"

His question made Nayeon stop for a seconds but continues to put more of her favourite cherry lips gloss before finally answer.

"Not really...."

"Then?"

Nayeon started to feel irritating with his non stop questions. Chaeyoung is now stood behind her, She could see his reflection on the mirror, they are now staring at each other through the mirror.

"I just hate her now" she said annoyingly, he could heard her talking in warning tone, telling him to stop asking but he deadass ignored her.

"Why?"

"Well I don't know... maybe because she cares too much about me and it annoyed me or maybe because she left me when I needed her the most or maybe because she took someone I love from me or maybe because she's too perfect, too flawless, too blissful, too out of this world and it makes me so mad because my life is so sickening compare to her and I couldn't help but hate her for that. DON'T ASK ME WHY!" Nayeon shouted furiously at chaeyoung. Chaeyoung just stood there, freezing, his jaw dropped while looking at Nayeon with wide eyes.

Nayeon's breathing become heavy while giving chaeyoung a dead glared, but then her facial expressions change as she turns away, she sigh and closes her eyes to calm down.

"! I think I'm still drunk" Nayeon said while massaging her forehead.

"I think.... I should going to the bathroom to change the shirt" Chaeyoung said nervously before run to the bathroom.

 

***

 

"My phone is died. How can I inform Jeongyeon that I already in school"

"I don't care. Just don't tell anyone about this. They will kill me if they find out I made you drunk. If they ask you why we're missing last night, tell them we lost so we just went home. And one more thing, if your brother ask you why you didn't came home, then lie to him that you slept over at one of your friend's place not mines" Nayeon commanded with a warning tone while parking her car.

"Well I don't want anyone to know that I slept with you too" Chaeyoung said jokingly, Nayeon supposed to laugh at his joke but she just remains still with a tense look on her face.

"Oh well" she mumbles under her breath.

If only he knows.

"Wait. How can I lie to Jeongyeon when he knows I only have one friend and it's Dahyun?"

 

 

***

 

 

"WHAT?"

That it was exactly the reaction chaeyoung expected. He and Dahyun were in the middle of the hallway when he asked his one and only friend (in korea) for a help, but he realised this was clearly not a good place for that conversation then he drag dahyun at the corner, scared if they were going to create a scene.

"Why should I message Jeongyeon and tell him that you slept over my house and where have you and Nayeon been last night. We were calling you two like crazy but no one picked up"

"Keep your voice low" chaeyoung hisses, looking around to make sure other people around them were not listening. But Dahyun only gave him a 'look' to chaeyoung asking for an explanation. Chaeyoung exhaled and finally give in.

"Okay I will tell you everything because you're my bestfriend and I trust you. Just promise me not to freak up"

"Okay......"

 

 

***

 

"Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon calls as he walks 
toward Chaeyoung room. Once he opens the door, he looks around the room and there's no sight of chaeyoung. 

"Where is he?" He mumbles to himself as he paces around the room, looking in the bathroom but he was not there. Suddenly his phone buzz notifying that he got a chat come in, taking his phone from the pocket and read the message, it's from dahyun.

'Hey just to inform that chaeyoung slept at my place last night and we are already at the school'

Jeongyeon just shrugs at the message, well no wonder his brother is missing. He didn't even notice chaeyoung didn't comeback home last night, he was tired yesterday so when he reached home, he went straight towards his room and sleep.

He was about to shut the door but there's something on top of the desk that grab his attention, he comes closer to the desk and realised it was chaeyoung's sketchbook. Is it the sketchbook that the younger guy cherish so much.

A naughty smirk crept up his face as his hand reaches for the book. He silently stares at the book for a few seconds, fingers caressing the soft book cover, battling in his mind wether he should open it or not, he doesn't want to invading his younger brother's privacy but his curiosity win so he still open it anyway.

He flipped it open, at first it was just a blank page he then flipped the book into another page, a page filled up with drawing of the same woman, the woman that looks familiar, too familiar for Jeongyeon.

"No way" the only words that escaped his lips.

 

 

 

*********Awesome9*********

 

Fun fact, this chapter supposed to have the part that will make most of you hate me but I'll save it for the next chapter,  I don't want to drop the bomb yet.

Just want you to know that I haven't still finish writing down the next chapter so what if you leave a comment and let me know what your guess for the next chapter. Because maybe just maybe one of your comment can change my mind and make me change the plot.. ehmm.

Lastly, I know I'm still lacking in many areas so I'm very grateful when some of you said my story is a good story. Thank you so much for enjoying my story, I will work hard to upload more frequently.