Chapter 5

Platonic Love

 

 

5 months later


Chaeyoung breathes in a huge amount of air while looking outside the window , trying to distract himself by looking at the clouds.

“It’s gonna rain soon” he muttered at himself.

“Can you stop being so dramatic?” a girl with a shoulder hair approached him with a teasingly smile.

“Can you stop being late?” Chaeyoung looking at the girl in front of him with his usual sarcastic glare.

“Oh c’mon chaengie, It’s not my fault. Miss jung just won’t stop talking and keep asking me to join the ballet club again“ she goes closer to the younger with a sorry face.

Chaeyoung just smiles as he put his books inside his locker.

“Why you stop? I thought ballet is your life” chaeyoung asked.

“If I want my college application looks great, I have to focus on my study more. Not everyone are genius like you, son chaeyoung” she smirks as she takes his hands and intertwines their fingers. Chaeyoung was taken aback for a moment before smiling and squeeze her hand softly. 

Chaeyoung hates how he gets flustered easily at her small action like these because they've done this before, so many times. It's normal for a girl and a boy who are friends to hold hands right?

"I can help you with any subject you were having trouble with" 

"Thank you" she said as she lifts her hand slowly and places it against his chest. 

Chaeyoung stop breathing and glanced away, aware of the pounding rhythm going louder in his chest. Hoping the girl fails to notice it.

"You've become more muscular. Have you been working out?" She asks, her thumb rubbing circles on his chest. She failed to see the younger's cheek flushed pink as her eyes glued on his chest.

Chaeyoung feels like the world has comes to a slow motion, a lot of thing came up in his mind at the same time. He bites his lips and start to thinks of words for reply.

A minute passed with silence. She looks up and caught that strange look in his eyes. She slowly retracted her hand from Chaeyoung and fixes her hair awkwardly.

“sorry if I went too far" She mumbles.

"No no it's-"

"Should we go to the new cafe that Momo have been talking about?" She cutting him off. 

"Please" she smile brightly and excitedly. She knows Chaeyoung can't say no when she gave him that puppy look.

Chaeyoung thinks for a while and smile fondly at the girl before replies "Anything for you, mina"

 

 


***

 


Mina, despite her quiet behaviour, she had always been awkward with everyone even with her friends. But after 5 months of being friend with chaeyoung, the friendship between the two have become closer, very closer until have no problem to do skinship like holding hands and linking arm. Which is quite surprising for everyone since everyone knows skinship is not mina thing especially with a guy but she's become clingy when it comes to chaeyoung.

Chaeyoug said it before he didn't want try so hard to win over mina's heart, being friend with her is enough for him but it's hard for him because sometimes mina seemed like gives him a hope.

 


"You changed a lot" dahyun said as he takes his usual seat in their usual lunch table.

Chaeyoung furrows his brows as he heard Dahyun's sad tone "do you not like it?"

Dahyun sigh "no it's not like that.... well I can't deny I miss that ugly nerd but I think I like the new you more"

"Really? Then what with the sad voice?" Chaeyoung asked

"I hate it that you spend more times with nayeon and mina than with me!" Dahyun complain. Chaeyoung scoffed but had no way to defend himself.

Chaeyoung can't deny that, he admits he was spending more times with nayeon and mina lately.

Nearly every day after school, He would meets up with mina. Mina enjoys trying new things and loves drinking coffee, of course Chaeyoung would be more than happy to accompany the person who he loves.

Chaeyoung did felt guilty towards dahyun. They used to hang out a lot before he became close with mina. That's why sometimes he invited Dahyun with them but dahyun always rejected him. 'I hate being the third wheel' that's what he said everytime.

For nayeon, she would called Chaeyoung whenever she bored. Nayeon didn't like to go out sometimes, so they would just stay at her house and did nothing just talked about random stuffs. Nayeon opened up a lot about her personal stories and Chaeyoung learnt more things about her every day. He happy to know that nayeon started to feel more relaxed with him.

At the time, there are a bunch of girls enter the canteen. Chaeyoung smile so happy when he found mina there.

"Look at them" dahyun grumbled as he watching mina and nayeon having some talk while walking towards their table. Chaeyoung glances at Dahyun and chuckles.

"I hate them for stealing my bestfriend!" Dahyun whines with a pout.

"Who's stealing your bestfriend dahyun?" nayeon said in a sarcastic way and hooked her arm around chaeyoung’s neck. Chaeyoung rolls his eyes as he can feel nayeon's breath on his neck.

He then caught mina staring at him with that unreadable expression plastered on her pretty face. He doesn't know why, but he scared of what mina think about him at this moment. 

His mind full with 'what if' 

What if Mina thinks that there is something between he and nayeon. What if she thinks that he's just the same like other guys, playboy. What if she is.... jealous?

Nayeon realised the stiffness of the younger body, she looks over to follow Chaeyoung's line of sight until it landed on the Japanese beauty. She smirked as she realease Chaeyoung before jokingly push him lightly.

 

 

***


In a random day, after school chaeyoung offered mina a ride home since they had plans to hang out at their favourite coffee shop, The Fancy

The Fancy is a café combines with bookstore. Chaeyoung loves books and mina loves coffee that's why it's become their favourite place.


Chaeyoung took one of the book that caught his interest and walk towards mina.

"What with the long face" Chaeyoung asked as he sat beside mina while waiting for their hot chocolate and cappuccino.

"It's nothing just period cramps" mina replied weakly. 

Chaeyoung bring himself closer to her and look at mina full with concern, She seems weak, that could collapse any time.

"Are you okay? You want to go home now" Chaeyoung asked softly, tucking a strands of hair behind her ear.

"No it's okay it will goes away soon" mina smile assuringly, but it's not enough to ease the worries he has for her.

"I'm really okay. What are you reading" mina said and hugging Chaeyoung's arm as she placed her chin on Chaeyoung's shoulder. They were sitting on the long couch so this position is comfortable for them.

Chaeyoung swallowed, trying to ignored the beating of his heart and start to explains the summary of the book to mina. Mina then rest her head on Chaeyoung shoulder as her hands played with the hem of Chaeyoung's long sleeve, still listening to the younger's soft voice.

 

 


"It's a good story right?" Chaeyoung looks at his side, then he realised mina is already sleeping. Chaeyoung felt his heart raced so fast. He can smells her heavenly scent of shampoo and her sweet perfume. He smile and slowly put the book at his side. He leaned his head against the sofa and closes his eyes while enjoying the slow music playing on the background, hoping the time will stop to let he enjoys this moment a little bit more.

Mina, if you don't love me please don't treat me this way.

 

***

 

Chaeyoung's changed already into his sleeping wear. He's laying on his bed as he grabs his phone and open mina's message. It's become their thing to texted each other every night.

'are you sleeping already?' - Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung tossed his phone beside him staring blankly at the window. It's only take 2 minutes for his phone vibrates. Chaeyoung took his phone abruptly and check it.

'not yet why?' - Pretty Mina

'are you feeling better now?' - Chaeyoung

'yeah I just took a painkiller. Don't worry it was just a period pain' - Pretty Mina

'Okay I don't want to disturb you. You should get rest. Goodnight Bye.' - Chaeyoung

'already?' - Pretty Mina

He felt his heart was bursting. Mina is so cute. 

But he really wants mina to rest more, she really looked tired today at the café. 

He ignoring her text on purpose so mina will thinks that he's already sleeping.

After 5 minutes his phone vibrates again.

'you're sleeping already? Fine. Goodnight. Chaengie' - Pretty Mina

Chaeyoung smile at the nicknames.

He hates that nicknames, but when mina calls him that he doesn't mind at all in fact he loves it.


Chaeyoung was about to doze off  when suddenly he feels his phone vibrates against his chest. He looks up, wondering what did mina wants this time.

But it's not from mina


'get your here, now' - Big Teeth Nayeon

 

 

 

 

Chaeyoung sigh and texted nayeon that he's already waiting outside. After waiting for 10 minutes, still no reply.

Growing impatient. He gets inside the house, he knows the password anyway, nayeon gave him herself and her reason was she's too lazy to open the door for him.

"Who are you?"

Chaeyoung saw a man just came out from nayeon's room with his ed shirt uncovered his tan and strong chest.

"Wait you're Jeongyeon's brother" he said while button his shirt up.

"Dude seriously with your brother's ex girlfriend?" He come closer, Chaeyoung could smell the strong alcohol from his breath.

"We're not like that!" Chaeyoung spat and rolled his eyes. The guy laughed loudly making Chaeyoung more pissed off

"Don't go too rough on her tonight. She's already had a wild night with me" he said, patting Chaeyoung on the shoulder. Chaeyoung just glared at him.

"Damn she's good in bed right?" he smirk. Chaeyoung can't hold his anger anymore, he pushed him hard that the guy almost fell on the ground.

"Don't you dare talk about her like that" Chaeyoung said as he grits his teeth, his eyes glaring straight through to the guy's eyes.

The guy nervously chuckles and leave the place. 

Chaeyoung know nayeon always brought different men every night to her house and slept with them. She change her partner when she gets bored. Nayeon never wants a real and stable relationship and Chaeyoung respected her decision

Chaeyoung is not the type who like to showing too much curiosity about other people's affairs  and he knows nayeon's personal life is not his business so he decided to stay out of it and acting like he didn't care at all. When actually he truly and deeply care for the older.


Chaeyoung entered nayeon's room, when he was inside, he saw nayeon lays down on the bed, with her head and back against the headboard while drinking her wine, her body was covered with the blanket. Chaeyoung know she is under that blanket.

"Should I wait outside?" Chaeyoung asked, scared if the girl is uncomfortable with him.

"No just come in" she said as she placed her glass on the small table beside the bed and pulls the comforter higher to cover her exposed bare shoulders.

"Your room smelled ! is this how smell like?" Chaeyoung asked in a sarcastic tone. Nayeon just rolled her eyes too tired to bicker.

Chaeyoung let out a tired sigh as he walk toward Nayeon and sit beside the girl

"Why you called me here?"

"I'm lonely"

"I thought you have a companion already"

"But I kicked him out" 

Chaeyoug laughs a bit. 

He secretly look at the girl and smile softly. He can't deny that Nayeon is a rich spoilt brat, always naging, stubborn and always able to find a way to get whatever she wished for but deep down Chaeyoung knows she is warm hearted.

"Who is he but the way?" He asked, his tone turning serious.

"I don't know... Sana's classmate maybe"

There's a moment of silent.

Chaeyoung wants to asks her to stop sleeping around but he doesn't want to upset the girl.

He scares what if nayeon will be mad at him, what if she will hates him, what if she doesn't wants to be friend with him anymore. He doesn't know why it bother him too much. He never care about what was the older thinking about him before.

"Can you stop?" he couldn't hold it in.

Nayeon titled her head and look at him with a confused expression.

Chaeyoug shut his eyes, know where this is going.

"You can have a STDs you know" The younger said while opened his eyes and stared at her.

He felt worse when he saw how nayeon's expression change. But he didn't regretted his words.

Nayeon just chuckles, looking away and just staring towards the lamp beside her bed on top of the drawer.

"I just-"

Chaeyoug try to explain but get cut off by nayeon.

"You know why I like about you? And let you know all about my secret? because you're not nosy and I really hope you can just stay like that" nayeon replied, her voice stern, more stern than usual and with that blank facial expression of her Chaeyoung knew it was a sign that he had crossed the line.

Chaeyoung stops to thinks of words, biting his lips not sure if it would come out wrong especially from his mouth "I can't help... I'm worry about you" his nervous yet sounds so truly sincere voice made nayeon's heart sank.

Nayeon could feel that he really meant every word he said. Somehow her face is softer than before.
 
"We used a protection" She said and looking up, she saw Chaeyoung staring back at her, his eyes are full with concerns.

And she hates it.


*********Awesome9*********

Sorry if this chapter is a bit disappointing. For the next chapter I'll write more about the others members.

I just want you to know that this is only the beginning, the real drama is not starting yet. *Evil smile*