Chapter 11 (Nayeon)

Platonic Love

 

 

Flashback


Nayeon grew up in one of the richest families of South Korea. She got everything under her feet, power, looks, money, fame. She got everything she wanted. Everything but her father's love and attention. Her father never paid much attention to her since she was a kid. She was always an unwanted child while her brother, Im siwan is his favourite child. It would be a lie to say that she did not jealous with her brother. Sometimes, she wished she was her father's favorite, not her brother.

Her brother was always a little better than her in everything. Although, her father always critisized her and told her to be like her brother but her brother never acted cocky or arrogant towards her. In fact, her brother always adored Nayeon and help her when she was in trouble.

But Nayeon was a different story, she didn't hate her brother, but she never wants to be close with her brother, they rarely talked with eachother, mostly it was Nayeon that avoided the guy and she only acknowledge his presence when they are in front of their parents. 

Even in school, Nayeon barely speaks with her brother. Actually she almost never talked with him. She was always with Mina while her brother was with his elite friends that every students wants to interact with but cannot. There is no way an elite like them want to be friend with an ordinary students.

 

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

 

Nayeon was placing the last book on her locker and  closed her locker. She was startled when she found her brother leaning to the locker next to hers. She was about to walk away but Siwan suddenly block her way.

"I heard you had a fight with two boys and you actually gave one a bloody nose"

Siwan staring at her with his usual icy glare. The fact that this was the first time her brother approach her and talking with her in school. She must have made him mad.

"They deserved it. They were picking on my friend" Nayeon replied, Sounded relax like it doesn't not bother her one bit.

"I also heard you skipped your classes again. Why?"

"Wow people do talked about me a lot. I don't know I'm that popular" Nayeon said sarcastically but siwan just looks unamused.

"Nayeon.. what if dad knows about this?" Siwan said frustratingly.

"I don't care about him"

"Why you always made dad mad at you?" Siwan sighs tiredly while looking at Nayeon, crossing his arm while shakes his head in disbelief.

"He was always mad at me even I didn't made a mistake. So what the difference?"

"You did it on purpose right?" Siwan asked making Nayeon abruptly look away.

"What do you mean?" Nayeon said stuttering making Siwan smirk in victoriously.

"Do you think I don't know, that all these times you purposely make trouble just to pissed off dad" Siwan said, Nayeon look at him and just let out a defeated sigh.

"You are always the genius one. I acknowledge that" Nayeon said before she started to walk but Siwan grasped her wrist.

"Why?" He looks at Nayeon with eyes full of curiousness but Nayeon just give him a sad smile and say "I don't want you to know"


Trust me Siwan, it's better this way..


You don't have to know..


That dad's been cheating on mom.


When Nayeon was 13, she found out about her father having an affair with a married woman and worse the woman is her mother's bestfriend, aunt Jane. If there was one thing she learnt about that, it was to not trust anyone. 

Aunt Jane, Nayeon always find the woman is pretty and elegant. Aunt Jane also known as the most successful business woman, she is a hardworking and a good influence, Nayeon used to adore and admired the woman for that. 

For Nayeon, Aunt Jane is someone who is almost perfect but she was lacking only one thing, and it was to stay loyal to her husband and her bestfriend.

Dad and Aunt Jane....

That's the information that Nayeon wish she never knew. She wish her father was not that stupid to leave his phone unlocked, she wish she was not curious about the notification on her father's phone, she wish she didn't open and read the message between her father and Aunt Jane that day.


But there's no turning back.


*
*
*

 


Nayeon walking slowly towards the bed, her heart is aching when she see the woman lying motionless on the hospital bed. She quietly sat down on the chair while clutching the woman's hand tightly.

The woman sleep peacefully until a pressure on her hand woke her, she open her eyes slightly to see Nayeon staring down at her with a sad smile. The woman reached up and letting her fingers brush against Nayeon's cheek slowly.

"Hye mom" Nayeon said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Sweetheart, I miss you so much" her mom said.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't visit you this past few weeks" Nayeon replied as she took her mom's hand and kissed it.

"It's okay, you here now" her mom smiles.

"Where's Mina? You always came here with her" her mom asked. Nayeon smile sadly before she gets up and watering the dying flower. 

"She's in Japan and she would be staying there for a long time" Nayeon replied, her eyes still lock on the flower, it looks so ugly, the petal was slightly faded of its colour. She suddenly regretting not bringing a flower. Not that her mom likes flowers or anything but she thought if there's a flower in this room at least it looks like there's someone visited her mother. Though Nayeon is sure it's just her that visited her mother and maybe her brother sometimes.

"Aww sweetheart, are  you okay with it?" Her mother asked worriedly. Her mother knows that Nayeon is depending on Mina too much for her liking. But she've always been thankful to Mina for being with Nayeon at all periods, knowing how difficult to control her daughter sometimes.

"I'm fine. She promised me she will comeback" Nayeon smile assuringly.

"How about your dad? Is he doing well?"

Nayeon suddenly stopped as her mother mentioned her father. Her smile was completely replaced with a frown. This is one reason she never understand her mother, her mother knows that she hates talking about her father but her mother always pushed her to have a conversation about that.

"Mom.." Nayeon said in a warning tone, hoping her mom will stop, but her mom is just too stubborn to just give in. 

Like mother like daughter.

"Nayeon please give him a chance" her mom said making Nayeon gritting her teeth.

Nayeon know she is not a genius but she's not that stupid either not to notice the guilt that was written all over her dad face whenever he tried to approach her or talked to her.

"Forgive him please.."

Nayeon shakes her head as she crossed her arms across her chest, looking away from the window, but not for long. Her mother then said "For me, at least"

"After all he did to you. You still love him huh?"

"He's still my husband"

Nayeon's heart nearly exploded with anger at the statement, but she's battling mentally and tries to calm herself down as she doesn't want to have another argument with her mom. Last time they had an argument, her mom almost got a heart attacked.

"If he is your husband then he should visit you."

"Maybe he's busy right now"

'yeah right! busy with your bestfriend!'

"Busy for 2 years already mom! You probably already forgot how he looks like right? Let me tell you how he looks. He still looks like a bastard!"

"Don't said that!  He is your father!" Her mother raised her voice for the first time to Nayeon.

"Did you know he che-" Nayeon bit her own tongue hard, she can't say that word out, the truth that she is dying to tell but she is too scared of the outcome. She looked away in frustration, tears came trickling out, running down her cheek. She hates crying but it was the only way she could vent out her frustration, pain and anger.

"Please don't cry sweetheart" her mother weakly said.

"Just tell me what he did that you love him so much?" Nayeon asked, biting her lips to holding back her sobing. Yet sadness still shown from her trembling shoulder.

Her mother sigh before replies "He gave me, you" her mother said making Nayeon chuckles in disbelief.

"That's a bull!" Nayeon said with a cold voice before takes her things angrily and walked towards door. Her mother grabbed her hand and begging her to stay but Nayeon pull her hand from her mother's and leave without looking back.

She's mad at her mother for being stupid.

She's mad at her father for being unloyal.

She's mad at her brother for being oblivious.

She's mad at herself for not listening to her mother when she asked her to stay.

 

*
*
*

 

"Nayeon!" Her brother shouted through her phone.

"What do you want?" Nayeon asked irritated, she is still half asleep when answered the phone.

"Where are you?"

"Home" Nayeon simply answered.

"What's up?" Nayeon asked, sitting up to stay awake as a sudden drowsiness took over.

"It's about mom.. can you come at the hospital as soon as possible" he said, voice deadly serious which make Nayeon feel scared and anxiety. She hates this feeling.

"What happen to mom?" Nayeon asked softly, voice trembling. The thought of her mom being in trouble was the worst feeling ever.

Silence lingered over the phone line. 

" it Siwan! JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPEN!" Nayeon shouted over the phone now lost her patience.

She can heard her brother sigh in the other line before the older answer "Mom is gone"

 


Mom is gone.


Nayeon never thought she'd hear those words today. Nayeon knows her mother is on critical condition so she already prepare for the worst. But why.. why is it today? Why it must be the day after she had a huge fight with her mother. Why does the universe hate her so much? 

"You're okay?" Nayeon felt a soft touch on her shoulder and glared at Siwan's hand on her shoulder before she gently remove his hand on her shoulder.

"No" she said dryly, not in mood to making up a sweet lie. She just lost her mother who would expect that she will be fine.

She looks around her house, her house always felt dark and gloomy but today it's just the worst. Nayeon finds herself almost snorting with laughter whe she saw her father wearing a sad face, does he really sad or it was just an acting. Nahh he's probably feel happy inside since he can finally be with his mistress without scared being caught. Speak of the devil, Nayeon then see Aunt Jane put her hand on her father's shoulder, both of them exchange the knowing look, for everyone maybe it was just a friendly staring contest but for Nayeon, she knew better. 

She couldn't hold her anger and annoyance anymore so she just decided to stop staring at the two and walk away, she found herself walking without direction as her mind wander around. There were many people wearing a black dresses and suits walking around, showing their sympathy and condolence to the family or mostly to her father and brother since everyone know her as a problematic child. She aware everyone are blaming her as the cause of her mother death.

"I heard she fallen sick due to the stress. Poor her if I was her and have a daughter like that, I think I would be stressed too" one woman leaned closer to her friend and murmured.

"It's her daughter right? Look at her there's no sadness and regrets evident in her face. What an ungrateful child!" Her friend said while throwing a glared at Nayeon.

Nayeon just ignored them and walk straight to the kitchen, she went to grab a glass of water, she stood at the kitchen counter to finish her drink.

The sounds of footsteps could be heard behind her and she prayed that it was only him. That person stopped right behind her and said "I know you heard them" 

Nayeon let out a sigh of relief when she heard the familiar voice. 

"Please don't listen to them" Siwan said, she looks up and could see his face red with anger which makes Nayeon chuckles sadly.

"I don't think what they said are not true" Nayeon shrugs, Siwan then looks at her weirdly.

"Nayeon come on! It's not your fau-"

"I met her yesterday" Nayeon cut him off. Siwan's face turned softer, his mouth let out a sigh of relief.

"It's a good thing then right?"

Nayeon shakes her head, tears threatening to fall, it hurt her so much to talk about it but she need to do this in order to let go something weight on her shoulder.

"No... "

"I wish I didn't visit her yesterday"

"What happen yesterday?" Siwan's voice lowered and more concerned than before.

"I said something bitter to her" She said as tears start falling down her cheeks. She finally let out her tears of frustration, she wasn't sure if she felt guilty or enraged at this point in time. 

"I have not been able to apologize properly to her and now she's gone... What if she really died because of me." She said, but not clearly enough because she speak while sobbing hardly.

"She must hate me now" She kneel down, her entire body shaking violently as she let out all the tears she could probably cry.

Siwan at a loss for words maybe because this was his first time see Nayeon cry or more accurate, cry in front of him. He doesn't know what Nayeon said to their mother but see Nayeon's reaction, he thought it would be better not to aks. He bites his inside cheek, angry and pissed at himself because he doesn't know how to soothe his sister. Instead of go to his sister and hug her to calm her down, he just standing there, quietly watching her break down.

 

 


*
*
*

 

 

Nayeon hated men especially her father. She let all these guys touched her, screwed her. So she can pissed off her father. That's how much she hate him. She became the opposite of the daughter that her father always wanted her to be. Making her father mad is like a drug, it's addicting and you want to do it over and over again.

Nayeon thought she would regrets ruining her own life but unexpectedly, she enjoys it, sometimes she enjoys it too much. Yeah she hates men but she enjoys the s, she feels good when men show her attention, being wanted make her feel so good. Maybe she was born a .


"How many times should I tell you stop bringing a guys in your house. You're the daughter of the richest man in Korea, what if the public find out about this. It's going to effect my reputation, Nayeon"

The man said calmly while sitting on the couch with crossed legs and a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Sounds like it's not my problem" Nayeon said boringly.

"I AM YOUR DAD IM NAYEON!" Her father shouted, his voice is loud and his veins on his neck become visible but it still won't make Nayeon budge even an inch.

"Dad?" nayeon just laughed sarcastically. She smirk when she saw her father finally lost his patience and raised his voice.

"I gave you everything. You want to live alone, I let you, I even bought you this house just for you! Just tell me what do you want! so you can finally listen to me!"

"I want my mom back!" Nayeon shouted back, her breath heavy, her teeth were clenched together and her hands balled into fists. She doesn't know why suddenly she bursted out of anger. She hates her father so much, she hates him, she just wants her mom back, she miss her.

He father is pulling his hair in frustration before let out a tired sigh.

"Please give me a chance.. I'm begging you please let me be your dad once again"

"Just leave me alone. Before this, you already made a good job by acting like I'm an invisible to you. Just keep it that way" Nayeon said before leave.

 


*
*
*

 


Mina really the nicest and most thoughtful person Nayeon had ever met and to be honest, Nayeon hate her for that, for Nayeon the nicer you are, the easier you're hurt. So just be an .

But it's Mina we're talking about. The kind Mina, always thinks of others first and puts others first before herself. She is too nice for this cruel world and maybe born in the wrong generation too.

For Nayeon, Mina is like a sister. Only she was allowed to say bad thing about her but if someone talked bad about Mina or hurt her, then she will make sure that person will regret being born.

Deep down she knows she loves Mina, Mina is her sister, her soulmate, her bestfriend and it's sad how she have to watched her 'bestfriend' slowly replacing her from bestfriend to friend, she've to seen others taking her place. But she never did anything about it, it's hurts her but she can't do anything, because she's the one who pushed mina first.

"Just leave already Mina, you have asthma"

Nayeon rolls her eyes before looking at Mina, the girl has been coughing non stop since she stepped into the smoky bathroom.

"I'm not leaving without you" Mina insisted which makes Nayeon rolls her eyes once again.

"You're so stubborn" Nayeon muttered before takes a long drag, and blow out a sickly smelling puff of smoke, she blew the smoke right at the window beside her, making sure the smoke don't blows in her friend's face.

"My throat is burning" Mina softly whines while massage her chest.

Nayeon groans while threw her unfinished cigarette on the floor and stepped on it.

"Get up now. We're leaving"

Before Mina could even react Nayeon already grab her hand and drags her towards the door. Mina smile victoriously while watching Nayeon's back.

"I love you too Nayeon" Mina said sheepishly, Nayeon just ignored her and kept silent.

Those words made Nayeon feel so grateful but she could never admit it to her. Nayeon is not good at expressing herself, to Nayeon it'd be awkward saying I love you back, she doesn't know why, she just can't say words of affection to anyone. Even when she was dating Jeongyeon she never said 'I love you' or 'I miss you' to Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon was always the one who's giving affection and not getting anything back.

Jeongyeon...

Just thinking of his name makes her heart aches, she wasn't sure if it because of guilt or anything else. 

She never believe in love. She never had a serious relationship until she met Jeongyeon. For Nayeon Jeongyeon is different, he's not like other guys. He is the only guy can make her heart beat slow and fast at the same time but at the same time he is the only man that can make her feel ashamed of herself, he makes her wants to changed. But that's the problem, she doesn't want to change, she wants to be like this, she enjoys her life like this. Is she?

Dating Yoo Jeongyeon wasn't easy as it seems, surely he just looks like an ordinary man but actually he was actually the center of attention at school, maybe because he's the captain of football or maybe because of his likeable personality and an aura that attracted people to like him like moth to a flame. 

So dating someone like Jeongyeon, it makes Nayeon feels something that she never felt before. Insecure. She felt like Jeongyeon was too perfect for her, too good for her, it feels like when she touched him she scared she will leave a dirt on him. She feels like she didn't deserve him.

Maybe that was the reason why she cheated on him.

 


*
*
*

 

Nayeon always thought that she already move on from Jeongyeon but why the sight of Jeongyeon and mina talking and laughing in front of her hurt her so much.

It was sting, like a million of hot needless are poking her skin. So this is how it feels to be jealous?

Nayeon didn't shock when Jeongyeon told her that he likes Mina, she kind of expected that. Who don't like a girl like Mina. So pure, so innocent, so soft. Maybe she became like that because people around her were always treating her with full of love. Nayeon wonder if the girl has ever experienced any pain or hardship in her life. Probably never.

Nayeon jealous of her..

Is it selfish if she wants Mina to feel how it felt to be broken? Is it selfish if she wants to give Mina a taste a bitter of pain? 

Because she badly wants Mina to feel a little bit of pain here and there. She badly wants Mina to suffer at least once in her lifetime. She badly wants Mina to feel what she felt.

So she lied to Mina about her and Chaeyoung, she knows she's not genius but she's not too stupid to realised that Mina share the same feeling as Chaeyoung too. Its fascinating how the two can be so dense, so oblivious, so stupid not to realized when It was too obvious.

Nayeon still remember Mina's reaction when she was lying to her. The face Mina gave to her before she left the room, the sadness and pain in her eyes, the look on her face clearly said she was feeling betrayed by her.

Nayeon thought she would be so satisfied, but she was wrong, it makes her feels.... 

Terrible.

She regrets everything, she wants to tell mina the truth, she wants to apologize but she doesn't know why she doesn't have the courage to do it. She doesn't know why she just stay quiet and try to forget everything like it didn't happen.

She blame on her ego, her big fat ego that was too large to be even contained in her balloon heart. That make she doesn't want to swallow her pride, that make an apology refused to leaves , that make her doesn't want to admit her fault.

Without she realised her ego make her lose her bestfriend and her beloved one. Without she realised she's too late....

"I accepted Jeongyeon's confession"

Mina suddenly said making Nayeon's expression turns grim with displeasure, and Mina pretended not to see it and just continued eating her spaghetti, the food is cold but not as cold as the glared Nayeon's throwing at her.

"Finally! Congratula-" Jihyo happily said but got cut off by Nayeon.

"Are you kidding me?" She eyed Mina with her most cold and fierce looks.

Mina noticed Nayeon's stares and smirked "Why? you mad? I thought you already move on" Mina's innocently asked, but more like mocking. Nayeon gritting her teeth, anger took over her emotion.

"Woah woah what happen here?" Jihyo who was sitting between, trying to calm her two friends that looks like they're ready to throw a hands to eachother.

"Is this how you took a revenge on me?" Nayeon asked in disbelief.

"What do you mean?" 

"You knew I still like Jeongyeon and yet you still accepted him" Nayeon is fuming inside. She is too mad to think properly right now.

"Wait what?" Jihyo asked but got ignored.

"You knew I like chaeyoung but yet you still slept with him!" Mina now lost her coolness.

"WAIT WHAT?" Jihyo once again asked but got ignored once again.

Nayeon then started to laugh mockingly.

"You really took revenge on me. Nice try, but I really don't care about Jeongyeon anymore"

"Good then. Same goes to chaeyoung, you can have him by yourself"

"You're a " Nayeon grumbled.

"You made me" Mina fire back, there's no fear in her eyes and her hands on the table didn't shakes.

Nayeon was so shock, she went speechless. She never seen Mina mad like this, it's not like her,  it's like a totally different person. She guess maybe she really pushed the wrong button this time.

Nayeon just sat there, still dumbstruck she didn't even realise that Mina is already gone. Then she suddenly heard a loud cough, she looks up and saw jihyo who just witnessed and heard everything that she not supposed to. 

Nayeon sigh and massage her nape softly.

"Don't. Ask. Me. Anything" she gives a warning tone and Jihyo just nod and said.

"Okay fine..... but what the actual is going on here? You slept with chaeyoung eventhough you already knew Mina liked him? And Mina... Gosh.. I thought she finally like Jeongyeon but she just accepted him so she can took a revenge on you! You know what? Just stop it already both of you!  I know you don't like chaeyoung and Mina doesn't like jeongyeon too. Omg what did the two brothers ever done to you two that you did they dirty like that?"

 

"I lied to her.." Nayeon finally said. She sigh when she looks at the student council that have the confused face on her, so she continues.

"Chaeyoung and I never slept together"

She heard jihyo gasped loudly and it doesn't help her to ease the guilty feeling she keep inside.

"You are the worst" Jihyo said which makes her feel worse than it already is.

"I know Jihyo.. trust me I know" 

 

 

 

*********Awesome9**********

 

Hye guys I'm back? Hehehehe I'm so sorry for the extremely late update. Please forgive me. I'm finally got a job so it's hard to make a time to write. But next time, I'll try harder to update at least once a week or two weeks (please don't expect too much). Thanks for being patient I hope you guys still reading my story


So that was it, the final chapter of flashback there's no flashback anymore we will go to present-day and meet chaeyoung and the other again. Now everything have been Revealed what you think about it. That explains why Nayeon and Mina are so awkward at chapter 8 and so on.

 

Goodbye see you guys next time.