Chapter 3

Platonic Love

"Dahyun!" chaeyoung shouted from the other side of hallway. Dahyun quickly made his way towards chaeyoung and closed chaeyoung mouth with his palm.

"Shhhhh shut up. Let's go" dahyun drag chaeyoung.
 
They walked through school hallway and chaeyoung can't help but noticed how fast dahyun walked and he even covering half of his face with a hood.

"I LOVE YOU ANNABELLE"

Suddenly someone shouted gaining everyone's attention.

"Shut up" dahyun hissed.

"Hey dahyun did you see my latest video of you on YouTube" the guy asks him.

"No and I don't care" dahyun replied lazily.

"Your Annabelle dance is great" another guy said.

"AHAH THANK YOU! now off"

"THE ANNABELLE IS HERE EVERYONE!"

Everyone in the school hallway started laughing their asses off, pointed at him and mocked him.

" my life" dahyun sighs as he hit his head against the locker.

"Dude you're popular" chaeyoung laughed along, opening his locker and put his sketchbook inside the locker.

"This is not the popularity that I want" dahyun groans. Chaeyoung gave him a smile and patted him on the back.

"Next time please think twice before do something stupid"

 

 

 

 

"I hate this class" dahyun muttered and play with his hairs, not paying much attention to what Mr. Bubbles babbling about.

"Hey chaeyoung" dahyun nudge chaeyoung and whispered.

"Ehmm?"

"Do you know What has given Mr. Bubbles nightmares since elementary school?" Dahyun smirked playfully.

"What is it?"

"Pop quizzes!" Dahyun exclaimed and chaeyoung snickered.

"Dahyun and chaeyoung it's the last warning" Mr. Bubbles raised his voice.

"We're sorry Mr. Bubbles" chaeyoung said apologize.

"A man from Los Angeles drove toward New York at 250 miles per hour and a man from New York drove toward Los Angeles at 150 m.p.h. Where did they meet?" Mr. Bubbles asked.

"In jail!" Dahyun shouts.

The whole class bursted out laughing. Mr. Bubbles just glaring at dahyun while shakes his head in disappointed.

"Dahyun and chaeyoung detention after school"

Dahyun just shrugs and continue fixing his hairs.

"But I did nothing" chaeyoung groans but Mr. Bubbles ignored him. Chaeyoung palms rubbing his face in frustration.

"Yeah me too Chaeyoung, I hate maths" dahyun whispered at chaeyoung.

"Oh god.." chaeyoung muttered, rolling his eyes

 

 


Chaeyoung stopped in front of the detention classroom and sighed loudly. Used to being the perfect example of perfect student He never thought he would stuck in the detention room. He chuckled softly imagine the shock face of tzuyu if he knows about it. But whose fault is it that he had a detention in the first place.

"Stop being drama queen chaeyoung and get out of my way" dahyun push chaeyoung away. Chaeyoung sighed again before followed dahyun entered the classroom.

"Like always, Mr. Bubbles can't make it so he asked me to monitor you all is that ok- wait chaeyoung?"

"Hey" chaeyoung smile politely.

"Wow I don't know that you're like this" Jihyo said, can't hide her shocked face mixed with curiousness.

"Well it's actually-"

"Never underestimate this nerd. He may looks soft and cute on the outside but on the inside he is not that kind" dahyun interrupted and grins. Chaeyoung giving him a death glare.

"Look like I'm not alone today" a voice spoke chaeyoung looked up and there was nayeon standing at the doorway, the older girl gave him a knowing smirk. Chaeyoung just gulped his saliva.

"Again?" Jihyo asked, rolling her eyes.

Nayeon just shrugs her shoulder and making her way towards chaeyoung and sit beside the frozen guy.

"So jihyo, how about you just forget about all of this stupid detention and  let us out now, so we all can go home early?" Dahyun said with a cocky smile. Nayeon just snickered.

"I'm sorry but who are you?" Jihyo raised her eyebrows.

"I'm dahyun, kim dahyun from class-"

"Are you that Annabelle guy from last night?" Jihyo lets a chuckles escape her lips and chaeyoung can hear nayeon's giggles beside him.

Dahyun just rolling his eyes as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"I'm sorry Annabelle but I can't do that" jihyo said playful yet mocking smile.  

"But We're friend" dahyun said and received a confused looks from jihyo.

"I'm not your friend"

"You talked with chaeyoung so that's mean you're chaeyoung's friend and didn't I mentioned that whoever chaeyoung's friend are my friend too" Dahyun emphasized and clapped his hands to make his point. Chaeyoung wants to face palm in second hand embarrassed.

"I swear I never made a deal about that before" chaeyoung said, shut his eyes tightly, hoping for some miracle like the disappear of kim Dahyun or something.

Jihyo sigh tiredly.

"First of all chaeyoung is not my friend we just knew each other. Second, do you see that girl" jihyo points her finger at nayeon, who is now busy playing with her phone.

"She is my best friend and never once I let her out early even a minute early. So dahyun how about you just stay quiet so we can end this stupid detention with peace" jihyo said firmly while looking straight into Dahyun's eyes.

 

"You're embarrassed me. Why you didn't told me that she is not your friend?" Dahyun glares at chaeyoung. Chaeyoung shows him 'what the heck' look and raised his hand at the latter.

"Alright, divide into two team you all need to clean up the music room and the laboratory room"

"Wait that's not how detention works" dahyun protest.

"It's my rules Mr. Kim" Jihyo nearly lost her composure but she managed to keep a straight face. Started to feel sorry for chaeyoung that he had to be friend with this nightmare.

"How can we divide into two team. There are only three person here" chaeyoung asked.

"You , that's mean there is one person who will do all the job by itself" Dahyun whispered harshly at chaeyoung.

"Ok then I'm with chaeyoung and we will clean the music room" dahyun grab chaeyoung's hand.

"Seriously? And you even pick the smaller room. So gentlemen both of you" jihyo crossed her arms and giving them a disgusted look.

"It's ok. I'll go by myself" chaeyoung offered himself.

"AND LEAVE ME WITH THAT EVIL WOMAN?" Dahyun screamed and grabbed everyone's attention. Jihyo and chaeyoung are frozen. Even jihyo wouldn't dare to move.

Nayeon's fingers had stopped typing her phone for a moment as her expression went blank at those words but then she continue playing with her phone and acting like nothing happens. Jihyo and chaeyoung silently let out a relief sigh.

"Ops did I said it out loud" dahyun muttered.

"So it's final then. Chaeyoung will do it with me and dahyun with nayeon" jihyo said, clear awkwardly.

"WHAT!! You didn't told me you will join us too" dahyun cried.

"I want to do it with chaeyoung" nayeon insisted.

"No" chaeyoung blunts.

"YES!" Dahyun exclaimed.

Jihyo look at chaeyoung, the boy was a nervous wreck right now and nayeon just throwing him a  glares. Jihyo can feel there must be something that happened between them.

"Oh okay.... so I'm going with dahyun then" jihyo agreed, slightly confused and unable to stop herself from wondering why the older had planned in her head. She just hope that whatever happened between the two nayeon would go easy on the poor boy.

Jihyo and dahyun walk out and left chaeyoung and nayeon alone in the room.

Nayeon staring sharply at chaeyoung "you went home early last night. May I know why?" Nayeon asked sarcastically and chaeyoung just smile shyly and scratch his head awkwardly. He didn't meant to interrupted her making-up session last night. Now he felt guilty.

Nayeon then rolled her eyes and said "Let's go and end this faster so we can go home early"

"O.ok"

 


***

 


"I want you to forget about everything you saw last night" nayeon started the conversation, her eyes still glued on her phone.

Chaeyoung is now cleaning the room quietly while nayeon is busy playing with her phone.

"About what?" Chaeyoung asked innocently and It annoyed Nayeon even more.

"Don't acting dumb midget!" Nayeon spat. Chaeyoung rolled his eyes. He hates it when people make fun of his height.

"Why are you think that I will listen to you after what you've done to me? remembered how you humiliated me in front of your friends?" Chaeyoung chuckles and shook his head, He didn't know where this confidence was coming from, but there was not backing up, he hates her. The freshmen looked at nayeon right in the eyes and Nayeon just sit there with her poker face.

"Don't expect people to respect you when you ain't respecting them" Chaeyoung said and continue cleaning, but to his suprised nayeon just chuckled and walking towards him, smirking.

"Ok let's make a deal. If you even tell anyone about what you saw last night. Then I will let mina see what's inside this sketchbook" nayeon smirk in victory as she proudly shows the book to chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung jaw dropped open as he realizing it was his sketchbook. The sketchbook that full with sketch of mina in it.

"Ho..how y..you get that?" Chaeyoung stuttering, dropped the broom he was holding. 

"You messed up with the wrong person" Nayeon said as she flipped open the sketchbook and gave him a mocking smile.

"I wonder what is mina's reaction if..."

"Okay okay! I SWEAR I'll never tell anyone about last night" chaeyoung sigh in defeated.

"Good.. especially my friends" nayeon said fiercely while eyeing him.

Chaeyoung just picked the broom up and continue cleaning.

"You know you've gone too far. You don't have to stole my sketchbook!" Chaeyoung said and furiously sweeping the floor.

"You were tried to blackmail me!" Nayeon spat back.

"I'm not!" Chaeyoung grits his teeth "I was just trying to scared you. That's all. I was really not planning to tell anyone about that. I'm not like you and your friends, who love to embarrassing people" chaeyoung didn't mean to sound so harsh but the older girl was just pissed his off.

"Why you so mad??" Nayeon said in disbelief.

"It's a win win situation. I will keep your secret and you will keep mine. Simple" she shrugs and picked up her bag. Chaeyoung just look at her in confusion but didn't said a word.

Nayeon then walks towards the door, but stop hallway and turn around.

"Well are you not going home? and what the hell are you even cleaning up the room that were already clean" she scoffed and rolling her eyes.

 

 


Chaeyoung nervously walking through the hallway with nayeon. He steals a quick glance at the girl beside him, who is now furiously typing on her phone. He hates the girl but she's his brother's friend and he doesn't want to make an enemy with his brother's friend. So he decided to breaking the silence between them.

"Why you don't want your friends know about you having a boyfriend?" Chaeyoung finally asked with a hesitance voice that made nayeon look at him in the eye. She stayed silent for a second before turned her head back to her phone.

"Because I promised them I'll stop doing that" nayeon simply replied. Unbelievable, if other guys asked her the same question maybe she will tell them to off and mind their own business!

"Doing what?"

"Doing that"

"That?"

" around" Nayeon said with a monotone voice. Chaeyoung was taken back on how straight forward the latter sounded.

"Oh okay hahaha" chaeyoung laughs nervously and look away, trying to hide his blushing face.

"He's not my boyfriend we're just.."

"Yeah yeah you don't have to explain" chaeyoung interrupted and waved his hand.

Nayeon stops and looks Chaeyoung up and down before smiling mischievously "you know about you liking mina"

Chaeyoung rolling his eyes "here we go again" he muttered.

"I can help you to get her"

 


*********Awesome9*********

 

I changed the title btw.