Chapter 2

Platonic Love

"Excuse me?"

"Y..yeah? May I help yo..you?" Chaeyoung rubbed his nape regretting that he was stuttering.

"Why were you stuttering?" Sana chuckled, then she leaned down with a playful smirk on her face  "you weren't talking bad behind our back right" the smirk turned to devilish grin.

"No!" Chaeyoung blurted out faster than he could consider.

"Hahahahah I'm just kidding why so serious" sana laughs and momo just scoffs. Chaeyoung then turns to look at dahyun, who's shaking his head in disappointment.

Then he heard a soft giggles, he look up and it was mina. 'damn that was embarrassed' he turned away to hide his blushing face.

"I just want to tell you that your brother asked you to meet him at the park after school. He tried to called you but you didn't picked up" mina said softly.

"Yeah sorry my phone is dead. And thank you for telling me that"

"See you around" mina smiled politely as she turned her back.

 

***

 

Dahyun is extrovert while chaeyoung is introvert They are totally different. At first chaeyoung really hated dahyun, for him dahyun is talking too much and it's annoyed him sometimes and whenever he with dahyun he always got in trouble for he didn't even do.

But now they're become closer. They were always together and seat beside each other in class. And Chaeyoung admits it that he grew to like dahyun more. Chaeyoung can't believe himself though. The last person he made friend with would probably be just tzuyu.

Dahyun has that charm that makes people comfortable around him. With his funny character he's popular with both boys and girls, he's the one whom everyone wants to befriend with. While chaeyoung well chaeyoung is just being chaeyoung, minding his own business and be a good student.

His relationship with Jeongyeon is getting better too. They talked and joked around more often now, but in school they didn't interact that much. Even during lunch break they never eat together, Jeongyeon always with his friends and chaeyoung always with dahyun. Until one lunch break Jeongyeon come to chaeyoung tables.
 
"Hey brother" Jeongyeon waves and sit in front of him. "Where's dahyun" he asked. Eyeing at the empty seat beside chaeyoung. 

Chaeyoung was shocked and confused at first but then he just act cool with it. Well they're brother right so it's normal if they talk in school.

"He was held back by Mr. Bubbles because he made a mess again in class" chaeyoung said and Jeongyeon just chuckles.

"You know sometimes I wonder how you and dahyun can be friend. You and his personality are totally different" Jeongyeon said, sipping on his drink.

"You don't mind if I eating lunch with you today right?" Jeongyeon asked.

Chaeyoung replied with a shrugs. Well he doesn't mind at all.

Suddenly five beautiful girls are in front of him.

"I don't know you and your brother talk" 
Nayeon said with a mocking tone.

"Of course we are" Jeongyeon scoffed. 

"I can't join you guys today. I will eating with chaeyoung" Jeongyeon said

"Hmm" nayeon hummed in response but still sit beside Jeongyeon anyway.

"We will join you guys then" there stood jihyo with a tray in her hand.

"Is that okay with you chaeyoung?" Mina asked, showing her gummy smile.

"Yeah I'm okay with it" he smiles softly at the older girl.

Chaeyoung couldn't help but steals glance at mina from time to time, who's sitting with him on the tables. She looks effortlessly pretty today. He thought there'd be just silence and peace but he thought wrong. Jeongyeon and jihyo are fighting over a movie characters. Jeongyeon likes Captain America but jihyo likes thor. Then there is sana trying to flirting with a guy at the next table while Momo just eating like there is no tomorrow and the girl beside Jeongyeon, Nayeon she just silently playing with her food and staring into nothing then she suddenly looked towards Chaeyoung and caught him staring at her. Chaeyoung quickly looked away.

"Without captain america there is no avenger okay"

"Thor can just kill that old man if he wants to!"

"They are childish right?" A voice startle him, he turned his head and was meet with a pair of beautiful eyes looking back at him.

"Yes they are. I can't believe they are 19 years old" he replied and chuckle.

"Are they usually like that?" He asked

"Yeah it's a bit tiring at first but you will get used to it" mina replied and smile softly.

Several more people come up and join their table. And Chaeyoung guess they're Jeongyeon's team members because they called themselves as got7.

"Argh Jae told me Mr. Kim wants to meet me. I need to go bye" jeongyeon said in rushing and run, left chaeyoung alone with these girls and guys.

Chaeyoung just sitting awkwardly, uncomfortable with all of these stares he got. He then just sipping his drink and play with his phone. He suddenly miss dahyun.

"Jeongyeon is lying again" nayeon finally spoke.

"What is it?" Mark asked.

"He said his brother is cute. He is not that cute" Nayeon said and crossed her arms looking straight at chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung was still frozen in his seat, don't know how to react anymore. The other guys just scoffed.

"I know right! I'm slightly disappointed when I see his face" bambam said while pointed at chaeyoung.

"I can't believe he is Jeongyeon's brother" Jb said with a mocking tone.

​​​​​why they're acting like I'm not here

Chaeyoung just want to run right now. He never felt so humiliated like this.

"Don't be mean guys. He's kinda cute" sana said while winking at chaeyoung.

"The only cute about him. Is probably just his height" nayeon said straight. The other just laughed out loud except jihyo and mina.

Chaeyoung can't help but frown. Mina noticed how upset he looked just now. Chaeyoung then gets up from his seat and left.

"Nayeon" jihyo said with a warning voice. Everyone stopped laughing.

"We're just joking" jinyoung shrugs.

"Just because you're rich and powerful doesn't mean you can humiliated people like that. Can you please grow up?" mina spat while looking straight at nayeon, both of them having an intense staring battle, until jihyo pats mina back softly.

"Mina.." jihyo said. Mina just rolled her eyes and gets up.

"And lastly. Next time, If you all want to bully chaeyoung again try to do it when Jeongyeon is around. I dare you" Mina coldly spat out to the boys before leaving.

"Wooo what's wrong with her" yugyeom asked as he placed his hand on nayeon's shoulder.

"Don't you dare touch me" nayeon said coldly as she glared at him and the boy automatically retracted his hand.

Nobody dared to oppose nayeon

 


"Chaeyoung!" chaeyoung heard someone is calling him. He turned and saw mina is running towards him.

"Are you okay?" She asked with a worried face. Now he hates himself, another one who think he is weak for not being able to stand up for himself.

"I'm okay" 

"I'm really sorry about them. Damn.. I should've stopped them earlier and-" 

"Hey it's okay really" chaeyoung cuts her, smile warmly at her to convince the latter that he is really okay. Mina looked at him for a moment before turned away, smile softly.

"You know I think sana is right. You're kidda cute" mina said almost souded like whispered before leaving, chaeyoung was left speechless.

 

 

***

 

'You're kidda cute'

'You're kidda cute'

'You're kidda cute'

That voices enchoed in chaeyoung's head repeatedly. 'She sure has the softest voice' chaeyoung shrugs and continue reading his book. But he can't focus because he keeps on thinking of a certain Japanese beauty.

She has a soft and brown eyes, cute nose, that attractive moles on her face and her lips is..

"Arghhh! Stop it!!" Chaeyoung screams in frustrations. He let out a heavy sigh as he close his book and rested his chin on it. He then pick up his sketchbook and opened it. He let out a chuckles when he saw a sketch of mina appears on his sketchbook. He didn't even know when was he started to drawing mina. His sketchbook was always full with architecture sketchs before but now it was full with Mina's face.

"What happen to me?" Chaeyoung whispered to himself.

"What happen to you?"

Suddenly a voice from behind suprise chaeyoung he quickly closed his sketchbook and turn around to see Jeongyeon stand behind him.

"You shocked me"

"Am I?" Jeongyeon chuckles.

"What's up?" Chaeyoung asked without looking at him.  

"What's inside the sketchbook?" Jeongyeon asked as he tries to get the sketchbook but Chaeyoung quickly push his hand away.

"Nothing!"

"Why are you so nervous? Are you drawing your crush or something" jeongyeon laughing out loud but stops when he see Chaeyoung's expression.

"Omg you really did" jeongyeon laughing again, this time louder.

"No I'm not!" Chaeyoung defend himself.

"Yeah right.. so who's it? Do I know her" 

"Shut up!"

"Okay fine. I just want to say one of my friend is having a party tonight. You know that party? Halloween party. Wanna come?"

Of course chaeyoung knew about that party. The party that everyone talked about today at school.

"I don't think so I'm not a party person . And beside, I'm not close with your friends what if they don't want me to come at all" chaeyoung said.

"What do you mean? Everyone are invited"

"Come on its going to be fun" Jeongyeon said, sounding more like pleading. Chaeyoung just sigh and said "But I don't have a costume"

"Let me handle that" Jeongyeon smile.

 

 


*********

 


Chaeyoung looks around. 'they are all party animals' he saw everyone laughing and drinking while a loud music was playing. He sighs he hates place like this.

Chaeyoung then go to the corner and sit on one of the couch so no one can see him. He takes a sip of his cola and looks around. This house is so big. It's obviously ten times more bigger than his family house.

Suddenly he heard the crowd cheering loudly at the dance floor. He turned around to see what had caused such a reaction.

Then his jaw dropped when he saw someone wearing a Annabelle costume and dancing wildly on the dance floor. Everyone had their phones out and they started recording the Annabelle. Chaeyoung just laughs and shakes his head then his smiled dropped when he recognised the Annabelle's face.

"Wait is that dahyun?" Chaeyoung gasped. He can't believe his eyes.

Then suddenly the Annabelle passed out on the floor and everyone was silent. "Well the show is end!" Someone said loudly and everyone groaned and turned away, ignored the Annabelle on the floor. Chaeyoung become panic and run to the Annabelle.

"Hey dahyun are you okay" chaeyoung slapped his cheek softly then dahyun open his eyes.

"Yeah I just exhausted" dahyun grins and laughs tiredly. He's probably drunk. Chaeyoung thought

"Thanks and WOW CHAEYOUNG!! IS THAT YOU? You look... HOT!" dahyun shouts.

"thanks and you look creepy..."

 


"Omg jeong you looks stupid" momo laughs

"Shut up momo you looks just like my grandmother" Jeongyeon spat back.

"Rude"

"And jihyo, what are you wearing? Trying to be a racist?" Jeongyeon snorted at jihyo.

"It's Princess mononoke "

"Ops my bad. Omg hahhahah Sana is the funniest one. Hahahahah did 5 years old kid did your make up?" Jeongyeon burst out laughing.

"And look who's talking" nayeon rolling her eyes.

"And you nayeon.... You're wearing the most boring costume. Seriously cat woman? It's supposed to be Halloween party not zoo party airhead"

"You know I don't give a about the theme as long I look good"

"What you mean you're basically the one who made the theme and you don't even look good"

"Get out of my house" Nayeon said coldly.

"Aww You know I just kidding right? Of course, you all look great"

"What a nice way to save your from getting kick out" sana rolls her eyes.

"I mean it. You guys are pretty no matter what"

"It's supposed to make me flustered but you said that with your kaonashi costume so it's eww" jihyo said with a disgusted.

"So where's mina?" Jeongyeon asked while looking around trying to find a Japanese beauty.

"I'm here"

Jeongyeon turned around to see mina in her mummy costume. Dark and bold make up decorate in her face but she still looks gorgeous.

"How are you still so pretty with that costume?" He said, still staring at her in awe.

"Whipped" Everyone said at the same time.

"Thanks" mina replied.

 


"Dahyun stop looking at me like that. You freak me out" chaeyoung said. He felt uncomfortable with dahyun stares.

"I can't help. I just.. wow I can't believe my eyes you're actually... Actually.. handsome" dahyun smirks

"And your new haircut is so cool. Well I liked your mushroom hair but this is better" dahyun adds.

"You know I think you're drunk" Chaeyoung scoffs.

"I'm not! And why are you here with me? Are you supposed to be with your brother" dahyun said while pointed at Jeongyeon and his friends, who were laughing and drinking together.

Chaeyoung just sigh "I just feel like I don't belong there"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Can't you see them? They are a bunch of popular kids there. Someone like me don't belong hang out with them" chaeyoung shrugs and drinking his cola. He looked at the group again and caught mina staring at him. Chaeyoung blushed and looked away.

 

 

"How can you dressed your brother like that and you dressed yourself like this" momo snorted, still staring at Chaeyoung who is busy talking with some freak who dressed as Annabelle.

Momo's words successful driving everyone's attention. All eyes are now looking at Chaeyoung and dahyun.

"Wow that's actually hurt momo" jeongyeon said as he take her glass of drink and sips all from the glass.

"I didn't realized how attractive your brother is until now. Can I be your sister in-law?" jihyo said playfully, giving jeongyeon a little nudge in the shoulder making him rolls his eyes.

"Ok you win sana. He's kinda cute" nayeon said and shrugs.

"And y too. He looks great in joker costume ehmm such a daddy" sana smirk mischievously.

Jeongyeon looks at all his friends in disbelief "Woah woah calm down you ladies. He is off limits ok" Jeongyeon warns.

Suddenly nayeon's phone buzzes. She take a look who's message her. Her expression changed when she open and read the message.

"Hey guys have fun. I want to get out for a while" Nayeon left and ran towards the upstairs.

 

 

 


"I think you're really drunk right now dahyun" Chaeyoung look at Dahyun and shakes his head

"What noo...." Dahyun grins

"For heaven's sake dahyun. You're underage"

"We are 17 years old" dahyun exclaimed

"Yeah and? 17 years old are still underage" Chaeyoung facepalm himself.

"Yeah you right!" Dahyun gasp.

"I will fetch you but I really need to use the toilet first. You wait here okay" Chaeyoung said and walk away to find a toilet nearby.


He went upstairs. He had no idea where the toilet was and not to mention that this house is huge. When he come to a dark and narrow hallway, he opened the first door and he regretted it immediately.  He should've knocked first.

The girl on the bed raised her gaze at the interrupter but got suprise to see it was chaeyoung. She quickly push the guy on top of her, who's busy giving her a hickey on her neck.

"Aww nayeon the hell?" The guys hissed. Chaeyoung stayed stiff in his spot. Then he realize nayeon glare at him. He finally knocked some sense into his own head. He close the door and went downstairs, he began looking for jeongyeon. Then he found jeongyeon's talking to his friends. Chaeyoung pulled jeongyeon to his side.

"Jeongyeon can I go to home first" chaeyoung said.

"Of course. Here" jeongyeon pick his key in his pocket and give it to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung look at him in confused

"How about you? You're not coming?" 

"Don't worry I will ask my friend to fetch me"

"Okay have fun" Chaeyoung said and leave without waiting for jeongyeon's reply. Chaeyoung run to his drunk friend and grabbed his hand, Chaeyoung made his way through the house and go to his car.

Jeongyeon was confused with chaeyoung's attitude but he just shrugged it off and continue chatting with his friends then suddenly someone pulled him again.

"Did you see your brother?" Nayeon asked furiously.

"Yes. He just went home"

 

 

*********Awesome9*********

 

And if you're wonder what's costume they're wearing watch ONCE HALLOWEEN FANMEETING. 

I don't know what to say this time but first of all Sorry for any grammatical mistake I made, english is not my native language. And I just want to know which ship do you think will end up together?