Chapter 14

Platonic Love

 

 

Flashback


"I mean.. he didn't need to tell me about that.."

"Told you what?" Nayeon sigh before leaning back on the headboard, staring at the guy beside her who is now laying next to her, drunk. To be honest, Nayeon is getting tired of him keep mumbling something she didn't understand. It's been 45 minutes now and Chaeyoung just won't stop talking about senseless things.

At first, they're just drinking at the living room, well actually Chaeyoung was the only one who's drinking and Nayeon just watched the guy or more accurate, she was judging the guy because drunk Chaeyoung is the worst than Dahyun. He kept dancing and jumping and out of nowhere he suddenly screamed like his life depends on it. Nayeon just sighed at the guy, if only she knew this would happen, she would never let he drink in her house. But it's too late to regret now. 

It was all fine and cool when suddenly Chaeyoung ran to her bedroom and jumped on the bed, which made Nayeon taken aback, after trashing her whole living room and now he wants to mess up with her bedroom too? Not on her watch!  Nayeon was about to kick him out from her room when suddenly she noticed a fresh tears ran down his pale cheeks, immediately feeling her heart sink at the sight. She still care about the guy anyway. She sighed and quietly went to Chaeyoung, instead of shoo him away she lays her body beside him.

So here there are..

"He told me something that make me sad" He replied.

"Who is he?" Asked Nayeon as she swirled her drink around the glass. She didn't drink it though, just staring at it. She doesn't know why she still didn't taking a sip from her drink, maybe because she doesn't want to lose her sanity, she knows what would happen if she gets drunk and the fact that there is a guy besides her. She knows she can't control her body and her hormone.

"Jeongyeon" Chaeyoung finally answered.

Nayeon who in her little world halt as the name reach her ears. "Why? What did he say?" Suddenly got curious as to what did Jeongyeon do or say that made Chaeyoung this upset. Everyone know that Jeongyeon would not holding back if something bad happens to his one and only little brother and knowing that he is the one who made Chaeyoung this sad is just unbelievable for Nayeon.

"He and... I don't want to talk about this!" Chaeyoung grumbled and turned his body angrily, with his back facing Nayeon.

"Okay then" Nayeon replied, rolling her eyes. She was a bit disappointed but she wouldn't force the younger to spill if he doesn't want to. And look on the bright side though, Chaeyoung finally stop talking.

Finally she can sleep in peace. She wants to shoo Chaeyoung out and ask him to sleep in the guest room but look at how sad he is right now, maybe she should be considerate with him for once and let him have her room for tonight while she sleeps at the guest room.  She groans softly, she was about to get up from the bed when suddenly Chaeyoung said something that made her stop her actions.

"What would you do if someone you love is... probably sleeping with someone else now?"

His question is enough to make her heart break into small little pieces. Nayeon swore she could feel her heart clenching in pain because now she knows, she knows exactly what he meant. No wonder he's so mad. It's not that hard to connect the dots.

"Are you talking about Jeongyeon and Mina right now?" Nayeon asked carefully, a big part of her still hoping that it's not what she thinks it is.

His silence was enough answer and it hurt, she wonders how can Chaeyoung got that information, did Jeongyeon tell him himself or what? But why? 

With so many thoughts tangled up in her mind, she just stare blankly at the glass with the deep red-purple liquid barely over the base of the glass.

' it'

And drink it in one go.

She's pretty sure that she is still in the right mind, one glass of wine wasn't enough to get her drunk. But she doesn't know why she suddenly grabbed Chaeyoung's shoulder, spinning him around to face her.

"You know what would I do if I know the person I like is ing someone else?" She said before crawling on top of him. Chaeyoung just freezes and he can feel the heat in his cheeks, don't know if that was because of alcohol or because of the girl on top of him.

"What would you do?" With a stuttering breath, he finally replied. A soft gasp let out his mouth when he felt her thigh teasingly stopped when it reached his crotch area.

She looked down at him smirk before replying, "I'll do the same thing too"

Before Chaeyoung could say anything, Nayeon slam her lips on his, Chaeyoung froze but Nayeon having none of that. But it's too uncomfortable for Nayeon, kissing him is like kissing a wall, she can't help but feel frustrated and turn off.

Nayeon broke the kiss but still didn't move her body that still on top of him "what is it Chaeyoung?" She hissed, trying so hard to not sound angry, since she doesn't want to scare him.

"I can't do this. You're my friend" he stuttering and look away. Nayeon just chuckles at the innocent boy, oh boy let's see how long you can be able to endure this, she then start to caressing his arm lovingly,  if that way not working then she has her other way..

"So let's forget about everything, just for tonight" she said softly, lifting her hand and let her long fingers caressing Chaeyoung's face. Memorizing. Chaeyoung had always been handsome in Nayeon's eyes, so she doesn't really mind having with him.

Chaeyoung closed his eyes tightly and his breath getting heavier when he feels her hot breath on his neck, she gave a small peck on his neck then his jawline and lastly on his left cheek. The last peck is slightly longer before she release Chaeyoung and watching him in the shadows underneath her. Their eyes meet eachother's. His eyes absolutely filled with lust. 

Nayeon smirk finally it looked like the boy was beginning to enjoy it. As always, men will always be men. She traced her thumb on his wet lips before leaning towards his face, she kissed him once again, but this time slowly and more gentle. As soon as Chaeyoung respond, the kiss began to get more heated and....


the rest was history.

 


End of flashback.

 


Nayeon sighed as she slowly close the toilet door. The bell didn't ring yet but since she really doesn't know where to go anymore, she just decided to head into the class, totally not her usual self.

She was on her way on her class, when suddenly her phone started ringing. She checked the phone and saw that the caller is Jihyo, she clucked her tongue annoyingly and quickly pressed the decline button.

"She is gonna kill me the next time we meet" she sighed while putting her phone back into her pocket. Funny how everyone thought she's not afraid of anything but actually deep down. She is lowkey scared of Jihyo a bit. Jihyo maybe younger than her but she can be really scary when she's angry and when she start lecturing/scolding, Nayeon swear her ears almost bleed because of her loud voice and not to mention that everything she said nothing but the painful truth. Goosebumps suddenly raced through her body, just imagine it makes her feel nauseous already.

But maybe Jihyo is not the person she has to worried right now.

"Please... not now" Nayeon groaned when she saw a familiar face already standing in front of her classroom, obviously waiting for someone, but waiting for who? Maybe satan.

The guy seemed to notice her appearance and just stares flatly at her while his arms were crossed on his chest with his body leaned by the door frame. When Nayeon come closer, he finally pulled to a proper stand and facing her, yep he is waiting for a satan, and that satan is Nayeon.

Nayeon just ignored him and keep walking, trying to enter her class but the guy in front of her seems like don't give a damn about her when he didn't move an inch and kept standing there, still blocking her way.

"move away Jeongyeon, you're blocking th-"

"If you're just playing around, better just to let him go" Jeongyeon cut her off, his tone was sharp in warning. Nayeon knows what he meant by 'playing around' look like her ex doesn't trust her one bit, well not like it is something unexpected.

"I'm not playing around" Nayeon said coldly 

Jeongyeon just chuckles at her words and shakes his head mockingly. He just stood there looking at her from head to toe.

"You and your words... Nobody can't take it seriously anymore"

Nayeon couldn't help but feel slightly hurt by his words. She frowned, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away from him and the fact that she could see he made a disgusted face while saying those words just makes everything feel worse. Suddenly a wave of insecurity had hit her hard.

"You're my friend Nayeon, sorry to say this but I really think he doesn't deserves someone like you"

And again, Nayeon is refusing to reply. She just stay silent. Her facial expression portrayed annoyance and Jeongyeon noticed that, he was aware that his words were a little too harsh but Chaeyoung is too precious to him and he afraid if Nayeon will hurt his little brother that he adores so much.

"And one more thing, just want you to know. If you ever have any intention to hurt him, I will not hesitate to do the the same to you" Jeongyeon said in a uncharacteristically warning tone.

Nayeon shot her gaze to Jeongyeon "He's not a child anymore. He can take care of himself! Stop being annoying brother and mind your own business!" Nayeon hissed. She already reached her limit and snapped at him but she immediately taken aback when Jeongyeon just smile at her and says.

"When I was with you, I was not a child too but I still got hurt. I don't want him to feel what I felt" 

His words are enough to make Nayeon speechless. There is one thing that nobody know about her and Jeongyeon, they once made a promised to not bring up about the past if they wanted to stay as a friend. For Nayeon after their broke up she doesn't want to have anything to do with him anymore, but he insisted and said it was all for the sake of their friendship and their friends and he didn't want their group to breaking apart because of them, Nayeon was not stupid to realised that their broke up will affect their group in some way. Since she doesn't want to lose some of her friends too, so she decided to go on with his idea, to stay as friend but with one condition, both of the can not bring up about the past and he agreed.

But now look like someone broke the promised.

"So like I said before, if you're just playing around, you better let him go"

He said while open the door for her, when Nayeon just stay still Jeongyeon raise his eyebrows mockingly with a are-coming-in-or-not look on his face.

Nayeon just rolled her eyes before walking inside her class, their shoulders bumped hard against each other but neither of them are apologizing.

 

*

*

*

 

Nayeon had her chin resting in the palm of her hand as she tuned out whatever Mr. Lee was rambling about. While everyone are busy taking down notes intensively, Nayeon only look out the window, sighing, she face so many problems today and she doesn't want calculus to be one of them. 

And she doesn't know why everyone are being so serious right now in class, is it all because of the mid-term test which will begin next week? Nahh she doesn't care about that and not to brag or what but she would still pass it without even studying. She remembers when Jihyo said that she was born with a genius brain and that she will get an excellent grade if she actually trying a little bit but as someone who was born with a gold spoon, she doesn't need to care much about her grades and what the use of trying so hard and having a good grades, people will still assume that she's cheating on test anyway.

"Okay, that's all for today. Class dismissed" Mr. Lee said as he left the room. 

Nayeon sigh, finally it ends, picking up her phone groggily on her table, actually it was the only thing that she placed on her table a whole class while everyone have a thick notebook and a huge pencil case on their tables.

She stands up and leave the classroom as soon as possible since she doesn't want to run into Jihyo, whose classroom is just beside hers.

As Nayeon was walking from the classroom, she smile victoriously when she sees Jihyo's class doesn't end yet, she could heard Professor James rambling some education words from inside the classroom, Nayeon finally slow her pace, she doesn't have to rushing anymore, thanks god now she can relax.

Since it was the last period of the day, she planning to go straight to home, yeah one of the reason is to avoid Jihyo, hopefully tomorrow Jihyo will finally calm down even though, she knows it was too good to be true.

Nayeon was about to exit the building when suddenly she saw two familiar figures at the lockers in the distance. It was Momo and Sana. Well having a little conversation with the duo won't hurt right? She then walked towards them with a smile on her face but immediately frowns when she hears Sana's voice.


"Yah! Momo you shouldn't say that what if they are really in a serious relationship?" Sana said while fixing her ponytail, tying it even tighter and higher.

"I'm being honest here. I mean, can't you see their relationship is a bit suspicious? Or is it just me?" Momo said frustratingly, putting her belongings on her locker before close it and lock it.

"No. Actually..." Sana sigh, before continuing "I noticed that too, I guess everyone did"

"See! I know I'm not the only one who can feel there's something wrong about them. I mean, they're bickering almost everyday even over a small matter, Nayeon was always mean to Chaeyoung and I swear everytime Chaeyoung saw Nayeon he always rolled his eyes annoyingly. So can someone explain to me how can two people who hate eachother, out of nowhere, are together now. That doesn't make sense at all!" 

"But well.. I'm nobody, so I don't want to assume anything" Momo adds and shrugs.

Sana just sigh while leaning her head and body onto the locker before replies. "If they are really together, I just know they will not last long. I mean, we both know Nayeon gets bored really fast when it comes to boys"

"She never serious about her relationship in the first place though" Momo scoffed before continuing "I feel bad for Chaeyoung, poor boy will just get hurt at the end" she said sympathetically, Sana just look at her and nod in agreement.

Nayeon pressed her lips together, clenching her jaw tightly, she couldn't take it anymore, she slams a locker door close hardly, the mental making a loud clanging sound making both girls startled at the source and look at the intruder.

"NAYEON!" 

Nayeon look into their eyes, she looked like she could have murdered someone. Out of the things she hated the most is when her trusted friends were talking behind her back. If it's someone else Nayeon doesn't really mind, she doesn't give a anymore what people think or talk about her but she just can't ignore if these person are her own friends, her dearly friends.

"How long have you been eavesdropping on our conversation?" Momo asked stuttering while Sana beside her just froze at her place, doesn't know what to do.

"Long enough to know what were you two talking about" Nayeon said with a very sharp voice. Seeing her two friends' guilty faces making her even more angry. Her blood is boiling but at the same time she doesn't want to lose her temper, she knows if she blow up she will just hurt her friends with hurtful words and making things worse is the last thing she wanted right now. 

"Nayeon we are sorry" Sana said and walking towards Nayeon but immediately stopped when she saw the look on Nayeon's face.

Nayeon closes her eyes, breaking her piercing glare and taking a deep breath. Well actually what they both said was not that deep, she already heard the worst before but she doesn't know why she is so angry right now. Maybe because she's in a bad mood since morning so even it's just a little matter is enough to trigger her anger or maybe because she is tired, too tired will all of these people that so sure, so confident that there is no hope for her to change and the fact that her own friends are thinking the same too is just making her feel even worse. Yeah she gets it she is the bad one and she will always be the bad one, is that what everyone thinking about her?

At least now she knows when her friends told her such as 'we know you better than them' 'we know you're not like what people said' 'we know there's still good in you' are  all just a sweet lies to make her feel better. Great, now she feels so pathetic with herself.

"I need to be alone" Nayeon said while runs her hand through her long hair. She let out a deep sigh before turning around to leave. 

"Nayeon wait please. Let us explain" Momo grabbed Nayeon's arm but got yank harshly by the oldest girl.

"You two are hypocrite you know? I really can't believe anyone right now" Nayeon suddenly yelled. She had enough. She still can accept when Jeongyeon threw her a harsh words but not these two. These two girls that she trust so damn much.

"You can't blame us Nayeon. Chaeyoung is our friend too we just.... don't want him to get hurt" Sana finally spoke, Nayeon just chuckles in disbelief.

"Why everyone think that I will hurting Chaeyoung?! Is that all what you thought about me? Am I that bad?" Nayeon asked defeatedly, dropping her shoulder tiredly. She sounded so vulnerable and that's alarmed Sana, she instantly regretted for saying that. And the fact that this is probably the first time Nayeon showed this side of her in front of her, making her wants to cry right now.

"No that's not what I meant!" 

"Am I?" Nayeon asked again. She doesn't know why she feels so emotional right now, she hates to show this side of her to anyone else but she just can't control it. Knowing her friends talked behind her back just makes her feel so disappointed.

"No Nayeon. We know you're not like that" Momo explain while trying to hold Nayeon's hand, but Nayeon just raised her hand, asking her to stop. 

"You know.. I don't want to live like this too" She said with a glassy eyes and left without looking back. 

 


*

*

*

 


The sun is high in the sky and Mina checked her watch before sitting on the bench, alone, waiting for Sana and Momo since they promised to go home together. Her lips forming a pout when she realised she was not the one who's too early but Sana and Momo are just late. Thankfuly, the weather is not too hot or she's gonna whines the whole day to the duo.

She was busy with her thoughts when suddenly she can feel that someone sit beside her. That person seemed like making that there's some distance between them. Whoever that person is, Mina was deeply grateful for that. She slowly look at the person but to her suprise, it's Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung look at her and smile, not his usual sweet smile but something more like sad smile or tired smile? She doesn't know either, it's hard to explain.

"Ehm about yesterday" he started. As much as Mina think that this is not a right time to have a conversation with him, but actually she is too tired to run away and avoiding, maybe this is the time to solve their problems with eachother.

"go on" she replied, smiling assuredly to the guy, now she's hoping that Sana and Momo will be more late. She doesn't want anyone to disturb them right now. Because she is too tired of fighting with him and she wants it ends already.

"I'm sorry about last night. That was immature of me to said something like that.. I.. I'm sorry" Chaeyoung said while fidgeting his fingers nervously.

Mina just reply with a smile, trying to reassure him that she is not mad at him. Finally, Chaeyoung's tense muscle relax when he saw her reaction. He was expecting that she would ignored him again but his expectation proved wrong. Thankfully it did.

The silence between the isn't tense at all. It's just feel right. Both simply enjoying eachother's company.

"I'm sorry for my unreasonable behaviour towards you too" Mina finally reply and chuckles softly. Now she was finding it funny how childish she was this past month.

"It's okay" he replied as he take a glance at his watch, Mina turn to look at him, but only to see his anxious face. 

"You should go now. Dahyun is waiting"

"You still remember?" Chaeyoung asked, shocked.

"Of course, it's Friday today so it is Gaming day right?" Mina asked and Chaeyoung nod excitedly. She knew it, today is Friday, it means gaming day for Chaeyoung and Dahyun, even when they were close and when she and  Chaeyoung used to hangs out a lot after school, there is only one day out of the week which is Friday that she's forbidden to have Chaeyoung all by herself because Friday was gaming day for Chaeyoung and Dahyun. It was like unspoken rule for Mina and Chaeyoung.

"Why you looks extra excited today?"

"Of course! Dahyun just bought FIFA 20 yesterday. Can't wait to play it" Mina smile at the excitement in his voice and sparkles in his eyes, he looked like a little boy talking about santa.

"How can you love playing video games but hate sport in real life?" Mina asked teasingly. Knowing Chaeyoung hates it when people said something like this, since everyone was always making fun of him, saying that he only good playing soccer at video games and not in the real life. It's not like he trying to deny it, because it's the true but he still hates it when someone said he is so bad at soccer.

"It's different! And sport in real life is tiring" Chaeyoung said defending himself, Mina finds it amusing and just laughed making Chaeyoung frown at her.

"Fine. You better go now or Dahyun will not let you live in peace for making him waiting for long"

Chaeyoung scoffs because he knew what she said was nothing but the truth. He start walking but stop in front of her.

Mina look up, frowning confusedly but it was too cute on Chaeyoung's eyes, without realised it, he let out a soft chuckles.

"Can we talk like before again? Like old time?" He asked hesitantly, scaring that what his asking is too much for  Mina but his smile grew bigger into a grin when the girl only smile at him before nod her head. 

"Great! See you around. Bye!" Chaeyoung said while walking backwards and wave to her. He really can't hide his happiness that well as his face start to blushing.

Everything was almost fine and perfect. But not until both Mina and Chaeyoung heard someone shouting from a distance.

"Midget!"

And from that Chaeyoung already know who is it. He could only sigh tiredly while rubbing his face.

Nayeon walk towards Chaeyoung, looking so pissed. Mina could only wonder who made her this angry, but Nayeon mad at everything so..

"So you two are okay now" Nayeon said mockingly, looking at Mina from head to toe. Mina feels offended but she just ignored her. She can't understand the girl, one time she looks okay and fine but another time she's back to her side and will provoke everyone.

"What are you doing here? I told you I'm going home with Dahyun today" Chaeyoung trying to changed the topic.

"I changed my mind. You're coming with me" Nayeon answer, her sounded so commanding. Not only Chaeyoung but Mina also hate this type of her the most. Controlling.

Chaeyoung seems taken aback "but me and Dahyun promised-" 

Nayeon glared at Chaeyoung and it is enough to shut the boy up.

"Fine" Chaeyoung grumbled upset and annoyed at the girl in front of him.

Mina felt bad towards the boy, he was so excited about playing game with Dahyun early and now Nayeon just ruined it. 

Mina doesn't like to intrude someone's relationship problems but here she is..

"You can't keep telling him what to do Nayeon. He is not your servant" Mina said, trying to sound calm as much as possible.

"So? He is MY boyfriend what the difference?" Nayeon replied so cheekily and that's making Mina bit her inner cheek, trying to suppress her anger. 

While Mina was trying so hard not to start a fight, Nayeon doesn't seem to be in the mood to do the same or she just loves to get on Mina's nerves.

While Chaeyoung being an useless he is, just stood there, watching the two girls who are now killing eachother on their minds.

"Just mind your own boyfriend, Mina!"

"What!? What's your point, You don't have to bring him up here" Mina almost shouted but stop and immediately shut her eyes, trying to remain her composure. She sighed before look at Nayeon.

"You know what Nayeon, I'm getting tired of you for treating everyone as your punching bag!"

"Excuse me?" Nayeon was offended, she was ready to blow up any moment. Jeongyeon, Sana and Momo are enough that made her feel irritated today, she doesn't want to add another one. Not Mina.

"If you mad at someone then don't take it out to anyone else, don't take it out to Chaeyoung" Mina said, she sounded so calm and that's just make Nayeon even more annoyed.

"why would you even care? Why are you so care about him?" Nayeon look at her, challenging her to say something in front of Chaeyoung. Unfortunately, she took the challenge.

"You knew the answer already" Mina answer boldly and the two got into a staring contest, both of them with fierce eyes and chaeyoung gulped at the tension between the two.

"Ehmm guys" Chaeyoung finally spoke, trying to break the tension between the two girls.

"Sometimes I wonder if you two are really dating? Or it's just a part of your game Im nayeon" Mina said with a smirk. Nayeon chuckles in complete annoyance.

'if everyone think I'm a bad one, then let me be the baddest guy here' - Nayeon

Suddenly nayeon grabs Chaeyoung collar and kiss him in front of mina. Nayeon's eyes still staring at mina and she can see mina's eyes full with jealousy and hatred it make nayeon smirk and deeper the kiss.

Mina backed off with a suprise expression. She immediately regretted what she said earlier. She should just stay quiet so she doesn't have to see this painful view in front of her. When she thought she is all fine now and she already move one but watching him kissing with another girl just breaking her heart into pieces. She scoffed in disgusted before leaving the couple.

 

 

*********Awesome9**********

 

 


Hye guys are you still there?

I'm so sorry for the late updated. This past weeks has been rough for me, I really did try my best to focus on writing but everything was so complicated lately, my depression and anxiety getting worse but don't worry I'm getting better now. So I think I will just be fine and will update regularly like before.. hope so.

Latstly, for all my readers please be careful and be safe, wash your hands often. Let hope everything will be okay soon. Bye see you guys next time and have a happy quarantine day~