Chapter 4

Platonic Love

 

"I can help you to get her"

"WHAT?" Chaeyoung shouted in suprised.

"You know she's my friend so I know a lot about her, including her types of guy" nayeon said.

"And?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion. Nayeon shakes her head in disbelief "you must be kidding me" she sigh in frustration before look at Chaeyoung "So I can help you to make her fall for you" she shrugs.

"Wait wait wait... You can't do that! You can't do that to your own friend!"

"Why are you acting like I want to scam her or something"

"And why are you want to help me? Last time I checked we're not even friend"

"I don't know." Nayeon said hesitantly and look away. Chaeyoung looks at her in confusion.

"Maybe because mina is a good girl and I don't want her to fall for a wrong guy. You know our guys friends are all a jerks well except your brother of course. They keep flirting with her. Mina is pure and innocent girl, she thought they just being kind to her when actually they're just trying to get into her pants" nayeon said while looking straight into chaeyoung's eyes.

"And what if I'm worse than your guy friends. You don't even know me" Chaeyoung said honestly.

"Trust me you're better than them"

"You said that and yet you let one of them kissed you" Chaeyoung blurted but quickly closed his mouth in suprised. Nayeon widen her eyes and grabbed Chaeyoung's collar furiously.

"WTF YOU KNEW WHO THE GUY WAS?" nayeon shouted in anger.

"I recognized him right away. I can't help okay! He's the closet with jeongyeon and he always went to my house to played games with him" Chaeyoung said nervously as he look at the fuming nayeon.

Nayeon loose her grip and groans "his name is Mark. I'm really dead if they know about this" nayeon massage her forehead in frustration.

"You really don't trust me aren't you? Hey I told you I'll keep this as a secret. Pft don't sweat it" Chaeyoung shrugs and walking away. Nayeon just looking at his back and groans again.

 


***

 

"Mina is not the type who's like a younger guy" nayeon said making Chaeyoung pouts.

"But you and her are just one year apart so I don't think she's bothering by it" nayeon continue and Chaeyoung smile brightly again.

"She hates childish guy so make sure you look gentlemen in front of her" 

"Okay.. but is it necessary?" Chaeyoung nervously asked.

"If you don't want my help then you can jus-"

"Not that. I mean this" Chaeyoung raised both of his hands as he looks around the music room.

"What's so bad with this music room?"

"Did we have to got into detention on purpose just because we want to talk?" Chaeyoung asked

Nayeon opened to protest but closed it right away as she shut her eyes tightly, tried to think a rational reason but then give up and just sigh.

"You're right we didn't had to do that" nayeon said and Chaeyoung rolls his eyes.

 

 


"Can I sit here" 

Chaeyoung jolts a bit but smile right away when he saw mina standing in front of him. He quickly nods.

Mina smile getting wider and take a sit beside the guy. She open the book and start to read it.

Be cool.... Be cool... Be cool...

​​Chaeyoung thought.

But he can't help it and keeps glancing over his laptop at mina full with adoration. Her beauty never fails to amaze him. Chaeyoung swear whoever end up with her is going to be one lucky guy. 

Chaeyoung never put a high hope on her. He doesn't want to try so hard because he knows it's almost impossible for him to dating with the high school's sweetheart. There are many guys out there who's better and handsome than him. Just be a friend with her is enough for him.

Mina looks up and catches Chaeyoung staring at her, their eyes meets for a second before Chaeyoung cough and look back at his laptop screen. Mina smiles as she puts her book down and staring at Chaeyoung.

"Let's talk" mina started and receiving a confused look from Chaeyoung.

"Talk about what?" Chaeyoung ask.

"I don't know. Maybe about yourself?"

"About me?"

"Yeah I just want to know you more" she admits shyly. Chaeyoung was shocked but still acting cool.

"My life are plain and boring to talk about" Chaeyoung trying to sound cool, which didn't go very well since his voice cracked at the end.

He then clear his throat "okay"

Then they start talking randomly, spent almost an hour. Chaeyoung talk about his life when he was in Taiwan, he talk about tzuyu and tzuyu's obsession with his dog, gucci. Then he asked about mina, what's she likes, what's she hates and about her Passion. They just keep talking.

Until mina over it with a glance at her watch "I have class in 5 minutes" 

"Really?" Chaeyoung said as he looks at his watch "me too" Chaeyoung adds.

"Do you want to walk together?" Mina asking him.

"Sure" Chaeyoung replied.

Mina was about to get up and put back the books to its place when suddenly Chaeyoung took all her books with him and went to the book rack. Mina smile without her knowing.

 

***

 

"She likes guy who's look cool, responsible and manly guy who can defend himself in anything. And you sadly look like someone she would never date" 

"THANK YOU!" Chaeyoung groaned in pain as he lifting dumbbells with both of his hands.

"But don't worry that's why we're here in my personal gym room" nayeon said as she slow down her run for a minute before stop the treadmill. She took off the towel around her neck and wiping the sweat off her forehead.

When suddenly she heard a loud thud.

"Chaeyoung!" She shouted when she saw Chaeyoung lying on the floor, lifeless.

"Are you okay" nayeon shakes his body gently, Chaeyoung slowly open his eyes before freak out.

"HELP I CAN'T FEEL MY ARMS!"

 

 

 

 

"I think you're right my personal trainer told me 30kg is too much for the beginners. Let's try 25kg next time" nayeon said playfully, Chaeyoung just giving her 'are you serious' look.

"I told you 30kg is too much! but you still insisted" Chaeyoung grumbled making nayeon burst out laughing.

"Laugh as much as you want. I don't care" he sulked as he softly rubbing his swollen arms. Nayeon stop laughing and look at him with a guilty face. She walk to Chaeyoung and sit beside him.

"You know i'm worried about you yesterday?" Nayeon started. Chaeyoung glared at her and scoffed.

"Yeah right" Chaeyoung said in sarcastic.

"I mean can you imagine, how am I supposed to tell my dad that there is body inside my house?" Nayeon snickered and poke Chaeyoung's bicep, Chaeyoung abruptly flinched at the touched.

"Is it really hurt" nayeon asked not so innocently as she poke his bicep again. Chaeyoung swear he can see the smirk on her face.

"Ouch stop it" Chaeyoung groans in pain. He trying to stop her by grabbing both her hands but quickly let them go when nayeon threat her that she will bite his bicep instead.

"What are you guys doing?" A sudden voice successful made the two stop fighting.

"Oh mina" Chaeyoung voice came out too excited than he expected. Nayeon just snorted at the guy.

"He hurt his arms. I just want to help" nayeon said.

"By poking his arms? You're making it even worse" mina said while crossed her arms across her chest. Chaeyoung nods in agreement and look at nayeon in disappointment. Nayeon just rolls her eyes at him.

"Fine! that's my fault" nayeon groans and slapped Chaeyoung's shoulder hard before leaving the two.

Chaeyoung groans again. Then suddenly he feel someone softly rubbing his shoulder, he looks up and saw mina's worried face.

"Are you okay?"

Chaeyoung just nods and smiles. He swears he will thanks nayeon for slapped him later.

 

***

 

"Okay now we have to take care of your physically appearances. You have to remove your braces, got rid of those nerdy glasses, it's look ugly and the frame is weird. Start wearing a contacts"

"But I'm scared what if the contact lenses get lost behind my eyes?" Chaeyoung freaks out

"Oh my god... " Nayeon facepalm herself.

 

 

 


Chaeyoung climbs up the wall when the camera were having the opposite scene. He quickly jumping off and landed on the soft grass.

"Chaeyoung?" Someone tap on his shoulder.

"OH GOD YOU SCARED ME! Mina? I'm sorry I didn't know it was you" Chaeyoung rubbed his chest in relief once he saw mina standing behind him.

Chaeyoung then looks around to make sure there is nobody with mina then he looks back at mina.

"You're alone right" Chaeyoung asks and mina just nods. Chaeyoung let out a relief sigh.

"I almost can't recognise you. So you wear a contact lenses now?" Mina let out a teasing smile.

"Yeah" Chaeyoung smile shyly.

Mina smile drop as soon her eyes landed on the box chocolate milk that Chaeyoung hold.

"Don't tell me you did all of these just to bought that" mina asked, referring to the item he's holding.

"Hehehe. Please don't tell jihyo" Chaeyoung smile more like pleading. Mina wanted to teases him but she has no heart to do so when Chaeyoung gave her that puppy look "fine" mina involuntary smile.

"Hey midget!"

Both mina and Chaeyoung turned and saw nayeon approach them angrily.

"Why took you so long? Where is my chocolate milk?" Nayeon asked annoyingly.

"Here" Chaeyoung hand her chocolate milk. Nayeon smile brightly as she took it from him.

Chaeyoung just look at her with his fiery eyes.

"What?" nayeon asked.

"You're so annoying you know. Did you know I almost get caught by security guards?" Chaeyoung complained .

"Whatever" nayeon rolls her eyes it makes Chaeyoung boiling inside.

"Whatever? Seriously whatever? I swear this is the last time I let you bossy me around" Chaeyoung said as he ruffled his hair in frustration.

"Can't believe this! I searched for that chocolate milk everywhere for an hour and she just said whatever. Arghhh what a day!" He whines and start to walk away.

"Tsk crybaby!" Nayeon scoffed while watching the guy express his annoyance but still follow him to where ever he is going.

Leaving a clueless mina alone.

 

***

 

"This is your new perfume now" nayeon hand him a black box. Chaeyoung only tilted his head in confusion before grab the box.

"But I love the old one" Chaeyoung whines.

"Big boy don't wear a strawberry perfume, midget" nayeon said mockingly. 

Chaeyoung just look at the box hesitantly, no words been said.

"Why don't you feel happy, I bought you the most expensive perfume" nayeon said as she slapped Chaeyoung's shoulder.

"I can't accept it" 

"What you mean?" Nayeon gave him a stern glare.

"I don't want to use your money"

"It's not my money, its my dad's and I love to spend his money. Let's go"

 

 

 

 

"It's so pretty" mina's long fingers gently caressing and feels the roughness of the canvas.

"Thanks" Chaeyoung said proudly. He can't help but feel happy when mina praise his work. He feels like all his hard work paid off.

Mina smile and walk closer, standing beside the guy "Did you change your perfume?" She asks, stealing a glance at him.

"Yeah. Is it bothering you" Chaeyoung steps backwards and hesitantly smells himself.

"No. Its smell nice" muttered mina softly but enough for him to hear her.

"Thanks. You smell nice too" Chaeyoung blunts out. The shock on mina's face makes him more embarrassing than he already is, he immediately regretted saying what he did.

The shock expression she had before turned into a teasing expression "Oh really?" Mina questions with her arms crossed on chest. twitch, fighting a smile.

"No no no that's not what I meant" Chaeyoung was shaking his hand rapidly.

 

***


"We need to change your hairstyle" nayeon said as she messed up chaeyoung's hair. Chaeyoung just sigh hopelessly. He doesn't want to cut his hair again. But he can't say no to nayeon, he scared of her.

 

 

 


"I don't know that you like art?" 

"Yeah but I'm not good at drawing so I given up" mina smile shyly

"You know every child is an artist. The problem is to remain an artist once they grow up" Chaeyoung said in a matter-of-fact voice.

"And who said that?" Mina chuckles.

"Pablo Picasso" Chaeyoung smile sheepishly.

"Shut up" mina softly push Chaeyoung's shoulder. 

"It's true, I didn't lie" Chaeyoung laughs.

"Yeah right. Btw I like your new hairstyle. It's suit you" her hand slowly stretched out, gently caressing his hair. Chaeyoung look away trying to hide his blushing face as he feels his heart skip a beat.

"Ahhh these.. haha thanks. It's nayeon's idea" Chaeyoung said and Mina quickly stop as she let her hand drop to her lap. A small pout formed on Chaeyoung's lips, already missing Her touch.

"You and nayeon are close. I never thought she'd be close with any other guy except your brother" mina said almost whispered.

"She's not that bad" Chaeyoung chuckles softly, smiling while looking at the sky. Mina just nods in agreement and looking at Chaeyoung's side view which made him more angelic "she is"

 

***


"Start making friend with your brother's friends"

"What? Nooo I hate them" Chaeyoung whines.

"Well I can't blame you for that" nayeon shrugs.

 

 

 


"Where's your boyfriend?" Jeongyeon asked momo.

"I don't know" momo simply reply and continue eating her foods.

"I don't know momo has boyfriend" dahyun said sadly.

Chaeyoung decided to join jeongyeon and his friends to lunch today and of course he can't leave Dahyun out. He is his bestfriend after all.

"Do you like momo?" Jackson teased Dahyun and everyone in the table go all "Ohhhhhhhhh"

"I'm not" Dahyun exclaimed but everyone can still see a tint of red visible on his pale cheek.

Hungry momo is unbothered.

"You have to deal with Mark first" jeongyeon join the teasing.

"Mark?" Chaeyoung blunts

"Yeah Mark. Momo's boyfriend" Jeongyeon replied.

Chaeyoung gasp loudly.

Everyone look at Chaeyoung with a confused look. Nayeon quickly grabs Chaeyoung's hand and drag him away to the outside.

"What's wrong with you? can't you be more obvious?" Nayeon spat.

"Seriously nayeon? He is her boyfriend! How could you do that to her I thought she's your bestfriend!" Chaeyoung furrows her brows madly.

"Omg you're misunderstand everything! First of all momo never love him in the first place"

"So just because she doesn't love him you thought it's alright to had with him?"

"We didn't had that night!" 

"What's the different? You're going to do it anyway if I wasn't interrupted you guys that night. Wait don't tell me you're the reason why they're broke up?"

"Yeah you're right boo" nayeon said proudly. 

"Omg you're the worst person I've ever met" Chaeyoung gasped in shocked.

"Listen to me first you , Momo never love him. She wanted to break up with him but she couldn't find it in her heat to do so since Mark had been nothing but kind to her, at least that's what she thought. So I'm helping her without her knowing. I flirted with her boyfriend and asked him to dumped her. See? I'm just helping a friend" nayeon said, rolling her eyes as she flipped her hair.

"Your 'helping a friend' it doesn't work like that" Chaeyoung frowns deeper, can't accept the reason nayeon just spoke.

"But it's worked and you should see how happy her face was when she told me that she already broke up with that jerk. So cheer up!"

"So what happen to that guy?"

"I dumped him right away after the news"

"Ehmm okay... Are we still friend?" Chaeyoung asked hesitantly.

"Buy me that chocolate milk first!" Nayeon said, turns her body and start walking away from Chaeyoung.

"What? Not again please" Chaeyoung begs as he watching nayeon's back getting smaller.

"I don't care. I'm the worst person you've ever met anyway" nayeon shouted from a far.

 


*********Awesome9********"

 

Finally, I uploaded all the finished chapters that saved on my draft already. The uploads will come more slowly after this.

So how you guys think about my story so far?

I'll write more about other ship. Do you guys like dahmo or saida?  just curious.