Chapter 13

Platonic Love

 


Dahyun and Chaeyoung are sitting on beaches beside the basketball court. It was still early, so not that many students has arrived. To kill time, they were just randomly chatting. After a while Momo, Sana and Mina came and joined them. Chaeyoung felt so awkward to face with Mina after their last conversation last night but thanks to Mina for doing a good job at ignoring him, making it less awkward for both of them.

"How can Nayeon be lost? We already gave her directions" Sana asked confusedly, wanting for a further explanation.

Chaeyoung did what Nayeon asked him to, which is lying to their friends if they ask about last night and Sana was the first one who bombarded him with questions so Chaeyoung told them that they were lost, hoping they would buy his lies easily but it was actually hard to convincing them.

"Ehmm I don't know it just happened. So we gave up and just went home. I went to Dahyun's home by the way." Chaeyoung muttered at the last sentence while giving Dahyun a knowing look, asking for help.

"Yeah it's true" Dahyun said awkwardly. Chaeyoung silently rolled his eyes, dahyun is such a terrible liar.

"Before you went to Dahyun's house you went somewhere with Nayeon right?" Sana asked with a teasing smirk.

"HUH?!" Chaeyoung almost choked his own saliva.

"After dinner we all went to Karaoke and ended up booking a room for three hours straight. Don't tell me you waited outside Dahyun's house that long" sana said in disbelief.

Chaeyoung huff angrily at dahyun and gave him a what-you-didnt-tell-about-the-karaoke-thing look at Dahyun and he just smile apologize at him.

"What if I really waited outside Dahyun's house for more than 3 hours?"

"Alone?" 

"I'm not alone though, I was playing with his dog, ahri" Chaeyoung said lowly, while looking at the ground.

However, seems like he is not a good liar either by the doubtful expression his friends was giving him especially from Mina. It annoyed Chaeyoung so much when Mina show her devilish smile, with raised eyebrows, trying to provoke the already panicked guy. Chaeyoung knew the girl already found out that he is lying, well they used to be close anyway. How he wish Nayeon is here to help him throughout this situation, since she is great liar.

"Please trust me guys" Chaeyoung said tiredly.

"Okay then if you said so. But what was the reason both of you ignored our calls? You two had us worried sick!" Now it's Momo turn to be dramatic.

"Worried sick, but still went to the Karaoke after that" Chaeyoung scoffed making Momo gasped.

"Hey did you know we can't even eaten our foods because we were too worrying of you guys!"

When momo said that Chaeyoung heard Dahyun and Sana snickered behind his back.

"Yeah but glad Momo was there so she can finished all of the foods" Dahyun scoffed and momo just gave him a deadly gaze.

The issue about last night being burried and forgotten when their conversation changed to the bicker of Dahyun and Momo. Chaeyoung silently thankful that the topic was already end.

They are continue chatting and fooling around. Mina, Momo and Sana are having a serious conversation about their classes schedules while Chaeyoung was laughing at Dahyun antic when suddenly they heard Jihyo's annoyed voice coming their way.

"Yah! Yoo Jeongyeon calm yourself first!" Jihyo shouted.

Everyone were confused at first and turned around to see what all the fuss is all about only to see Jihyo trying to stop an angry Jeongyeon from walking towards their way.

All of sudden Chaeyoung's confused face turn into a frightening one when he saw a really familiar book in Jeongyeon's hand. It is his sketchbook. If Jeongyeon has already seen what inside the book, then that would explain why he looks so angry right now.

Never Chaeyoung would have thought his nightmare would become reality. All he can think right now is how much he wants to run away, go to airport and fly to Taiwan and never come back to Korea but his legs can't move, it was like his legs refused any sort of suggestion.

He'd been lost in his own thoughts that he didn't notice Jeongyeon already standing in front of him now, angrily.

"What's this?"

Jeongyeon asked, showing the book in front Chaeyoung's face before slammed it on the desk, making a loud sound that alerted the other students there.

Jeongyeon's whole body is hot, he can't think anything straight right now because of anger, he doesn't even care the terrible consequences his actions can cause. Only God knows how mad was he when he saw Chaeyoung's sketchbook this morning. The thought of his beloved brother betrayed him and having a crush with his girlfriend scared him more than anything. He needs an explanation right now.

"Why were you drawing her?" His voice sounds more firm this time, and all eyes fall on the two brothers.

"Drawing who?" Sana asked. But her question left unanswered.

"Oh my god Jeongyeon! Don't make a scene here" Jihyo whispered harshly at Jeongyeon but he didn't listen to her and keep walking towards Chaeyoung. 

Jihyo knew something was off when suddenly she received a message from Jeongyeon to met him at the School's entrance gate. And her assumption was right when he showed her the book. She tried to calm him at first but failed, he can be stubborn sometimes.

"He is your brother Yoo Jeongyeon!" Jihyo finally raised her voice, her patience is finally running out.

"That's why Jihyo! Because he is my brother I am this mad!" Jeongyeon shout in frustration, making everyone flinched in suprised, no-one else had ever seen this side of Jeongyeon, never thought he has that side in him though.

"I can explain" Chaeyoung finally spoke, more like whispered, he slowly lifted his hands in level with his shoulder, trying to stop jeongyeon to come any closer to him. He can feel cold sweat running down his temple and his back despite the cold wind blow on him. 

"Then explain to me!" Jeongyeon spat.

"Ehey Jeongyeon, chill man" dahyun trying to break the tense atmosphere between the two brothers.

"Back off Dahyun" Jeongyeon said calmly but so commandingly.

"Okay" 

 

Mina who was watching the whole scene became anxious with the tone of jeongyeon's voice and his expression, she doesn't know what is happening right now but part of her is afraid that Jeongyeon would physical harm Chaeyoung once he lose control even she knows that Jeongyeon is not that kind of guy but still. Without thinking long, she go to Jeongyeon and grips his wrist tightly that made he stopped but still refused to look at her.

"What's wrong with you Jeong. Please stop it" she spoke her words it sounded more like begging. It had made his heart flutter a bit but it still hadn't erased his anger, he then remove her hand on him and he was about to go to chaeyoung back when suddenly Jihyo grab his hand to stop him from walking foward.

"Jeongyeon, if it really true then you can't blame him. Because that's mean, she was his crush even before you date her. He's not betrayed you." Jihyo once again whispered to Jeongyeon, her whispered so low that only Jeongyeon could heard it, and it seems like this time Jihyo was succeed to convince jeongyeon, his face started to softer a bit, realization finally dawned on his face and his shoulder slumped in defeat.

"But I still need an explanation chaeyoung. Was she the girl you talked about this whole time? Is she your crush?" He asked, this time more calmer than before.

"Oh just it" Sana groans as she stand up to reach the book.

"Wait wait NO-" Chaeyoung trying to stop the girl but it's too late, Sana already grab the book.

Sana opened the book but immediately turned speechless as she saw the drawing inside the book, Momo then peeked it too and she just gasped. They both froze for a moment, before slowly looking at Mina but the girl did not notice that as she kept staring at Chaeyoung.

"Just tell me the truth Chaeyoung, I won't mad"

Chaeyoung look at everyone until his eyes landed on Mina, who was now staring at him in curiousity. He looks so hopeful and for some reason, Mina feels the need to defend her ex bestfriend. She was about to open but the next words that came out of Jeongyeon's mouth make her become dumbstruck.

"Answer me chaeyoung. Was Mina your crush?" 

The whole time, Mina thought they talked about Nayeon, of course who else. Chaeyoung likes Nayeon right? But why Jeongyeon mentioned her name instead? She continued to blink her eyes in a confused state before  grab the book from Sana, and scan the page up and down with frown face. Her mind went blank right away, she thought Chaeyoung was drawing Nayeon, that's one of the reason she didn't bother to look at the book at the first place, but why it was full of her faces.

'what is this...'

 


Meanwhile Nayeon who is walking peacefully at the basketball court with a cup of Starbucks ice americano in her hand just in time to see a bunch of students surrounding her friends, she knows her friends are popular but not this popular that can make people surrounding them and just staring at them like they are kind of celebrity or something, and why she feels there is something off with the atmosphere there, become curious she comes closer.

 

"What is happening he-... Oh !" She cursed when she saw Mina is holding chaeyoung's sketchbook, and it not supposed to be there.

"So it's true then, you like Mina" Jeongyeon breathed out the words, his expression more hurt than ever. Chaeyoung hates to see that.

The silent air was making he feel more anxious in a bad way. He should have burn down that damn sketchbook into ashes from the start.

"No" Chaeyoung finally spoke, and shakes his head. He doesn't know why he still wants to lie when it's too obvious, the thought of what would probably happen to his relationship with jeongyeon if he knows the truth just shot shivers down his spine.

And the fact that Mina likes his brother and she only see him as a bestfriend. If she knows the truth too, then it would just ruin their friendship even more, despite the knowledge that it was already unfixable.

Nayeon walk slowly to them and stopped beside Chaeyoung, she gulped nervously as she stared at the guy beside her who was now fidgeting and sweating in the cold.

"Chaeyoung... just tell them the truth" she said softly but chaeyoung just stay silent and look away while clenching his teeth, feeling the ache of his helplessness pressing down on him.

Suddenly Nayeon grabs his hand, pulling him to approaching a place that a bit far from the other, everyone gave eachother a confused look but Nayeon just ignored them.

"You really don't want tell them the truth?" She whispered in such a low voice that only Chaeyoung could hear.

"Yeah" he responds while nods his head slowly.

"Fine" she answered before let out a frustration sighs.

"I'll tell them myself then!" she spoke in a loud voice to make everyone could heard it. Chaeyoung's eyes grew wider, he was about to grab her hand but she was turning faster.

"No no Nayeon please.." Chaeyoung begging, but Nayeon ignored him and kept walking towards Jeongyeon and the other.

'This it is.. this is the end' -Chaeyoung 

"You want to know the truth Jeongyeon?" Nayeon asked coldly, but her eyes are on Chaeyoung who is now shutting his eyes defeatedly.

Nayeon frowned at the sight, she bites her lips hardly before turn and look at Jeongyeon properly.

Jeongyeon didn't reply but just staring at Nayeon and Chaeyoung weirdly, doesn't know what's going on right now, and seems like everyone have the same thought as Jeongyeon.

'Damn you Son Chaeyoung for making me doing this!' -Nayeon

 

"Me and chaeyoung are dating"

 

A chorus of gasps could be heard throughout the crowd surrounding them after Nayeon's unexpected statement. Everyone are left even more speechless and the atmosphere got even worsen if that is even possible.

"What?" Chaeyoung who was behind Nayeon whispered harshly, but the older girl only gave him a deathly glared, warning him to shut up.

Chaeyoung immediately shut his mouth and was about to take a steps back but Nayeon quickly hold his hand, pulling him closer to her before intertwining their hands together. Chaeyoung just standing there awkwardly, unable to do anything.

Nayeon notice Jihyo is now giving her a disbelief look, asking her to stop make things more complicated but Nayeon just ignored her, knowing jihyo, she's probably going to nail her with some long lecture after this, but right now she tries not to care about that, she would leave her future self to deal with it later.

"And about that drawing. I was the one who asked chaeyoung to draw mina since I don't know what to give her for her birthday present. I heard mina likes art so yeah..."

"Mina's birthday is already passed. Don't you lie to me Im Nayeon" Jeongyeon firmly said. He looked even angrier than before, it's scaring her slightly, she doesn't know why.

"Yeah.. I was about to give her but there was something happened between us..." Nayeon said hesitantly while giving Mina a look but Mina just frowned at her.

"Long story short. I told chaeyoung to forget about it, but I don't know that he already drew a lot" Nayeon chuckles awkwardly but immediately stop when everyone are staring at her unamusedly.

"Is it true Chaeyoung?" Jeongyeon asked. Everyone are now looking at the youngest guy, waiting for his answer.

 


"Yeah it's true"

 


*

*

*

 

 

Lunch break, the whole school became chaotic when the news about Nayeon and Chaeyoung has spread all over the school, it only took 3 hours for everyone to know about the news. Everyone don't know what was more surprising, Chaeyoung is dating his brother's ex or Nayeon finally has a serious relationship after Jeongyeon. For Nayeon it's a normal thing for people talking about her life but for Chaeyoung it was so unusual for him, he hates how he can feel everyone's eyes on him everywhere he goes, he hates how he could hear a whisper around the class, talking about him and Nayeon and he hates it how a whole canteen are now looking at their table, as if they were an animal in a zoo.

He already felt uncomfortable under everyone's gazes and the fact that their group was unusually quiet today for the same reason just making everything worse.

And he thought if he didn't tell them the truth, things could be better. But it doesn't seem like it worked at all.

Chaeyoung drop his spoon on the plate, suddenly lost all his appetite. Dahyun who was beside him, notice his grumpy expression.

"Why?" He asked.

"Nothing.." he simply replied, he noticed how Mina would always glances at him from time to time, Sana and Momo keep looks at him with confusion written on their face and Jihyo has this annoyed look painted all over her face and he doesn't know why. The amount of attention that given to Chaeyoung today was unusual it bothered him somehow.

Meanwhile Jeongyeon keep playing a game on his phone while crossing his legs. Chaeyoung has no idea why the guy has been ignoring him since they got here. Okay he is not that dense, he knows the reason why, but he doesn't know why he is so mad at him. Is it knowing your brother dating your ex is better than knowing your brother having a crush with your girlfriend? 

Chaeyoung then puts his elbow on the table and support his chin with his hand while looking at Nayeon. She has her serious face so focused on her phone while typing something only god knows, he wonders why the girl always on her phone but decided to shrugs it off as it's not his business. He sighed as he remembered the last conversation the had this morning after the chaos.

 

 

/Flashback/

 

"Okay then genius, can you tell me what's your better plan was?" Nayeon said sarcastically while crossing her hands, staring at him annoyingly.

She was about to go to her class when someone drags her to the lab room, she almost kicked that person on the crotch but stop herself when she realised it was just Chaeyoung.

"Well anything.. except lying about we're dating maybe!" he freaked out while walking back and forth, he looks a bit uneasy, which Nayeon understand that.

"Listen up, you're the one who didn't want tell them the truth! So I helped you. Damn! I can't believe I put myself in risk so I can save you!" She heaved out of grunt.

Well technically, she saved herself as well. Because if everyone know the truth then it means Mina will know everything too, including that Chaeyoung is having a crush on her since the beginning and blah blah blah and then lastly, the genius Mina will find out about Nayeon and Chaeyoung slept together was just a made up story by a jealousy, evil and useless friend of her... and everything will be chaos like a really big chaos. But of course Nayeon doesn't have to tell Chaeyoung about that information. Not now.

"So what are we going to do now" Chaeyoung asked, panicked.

"You better just follow the flow, acting like we're in love with each other and everything because if they find out that we lied, then we both are doomed!"

 

/Flashback end/

 


"The atmosphere is very tense right now is it?" Sana trying to crack a joke but frowned as soon as she realised her joke can just make the situation get worsen.

"You should stop hanging out with Dahyun, you're losing your common sense" Momo whispered  
at Sana and the clumsy girl just let out an annoying huffed to her bestfriend.

Dahyun who was eavesdropping everything was about to blow up but decided to brush aside his thought as he already knows that the situation is really bad right now. See! he has common sense!

But it seems like Dahyun wasn't the only one who look so pissed off and annoyed right now.

Nayeon let out a loud sigh before bitting her lips in frustration to calm herself down a bit, she has had enough with everyone acting weird after the news, acting like her and Chaeyoung just commit a big sin and not to mention that Jihyo has been throwing her a blaming gaze since their morning class.

And Chaeyoung was not helping at all, how can he just ignored her when she asked him to sit beside her earlier, thank to him, now everyone seems to be more suspicious with their relationship especially Mina.

Can't stand with their friends' attitudes anymore, she stand up and went to Chaeyoung,  everyone's eyes are on them right now, the whole cafeteria went wild. Sigh, can't everyone just mind their own business?

"Chaeyoung I want some desert, can you accompany me buy ice cream?" Nayeon asked, but her voice doesn't sounds like she's asking but more like forcing.

Chaeyoung looks at her grumpily before rest his chin onto his palm once again and reply. "I don't wan.. auch" he groaned in pain when Nayeon kicked his leg and gave him a deadly gaze.

"I mean, of course" Chaeyoung gulped and stands up quickly.

"Want to come along Dahyun?" He asked and he could hear a groan coming from behind, probably from Nayeon but he just ignored it.

"Ehmm yeah" Dahyun answer and follow the couple.

 


*

 

 

Nayeon notice Dahyun is walking far away from her and Chaeyoung so she decided to take the chance to talk to Chaeyoung, or more like scolding.

"Are you dumb or what?" She started, her voice sounded harsh but her face is showing the sweetest smile he ever seen.

Chaeyoung look around and notice how everyone are looking at them right now, no wonder the girl beside him is acting weird.

"What did I do?"

"Can't you be more obvious that we're not dating so everyone can find out about our little secret?" She said and giggles, linking her arms with Chaeyoung and secretly pinching the guy lightly but still hard.

"Au- k okay okay I'm sorry. It will never happen again, I swear!" Chaeyoung groans, clenching his teeth tightly as he tried to cope up with the pain.

"Next time when I ask you to sit beside me, then sit beside ME!" She let go of Chaeyoung's hand before she headed to the ice cream section.

"Which one do you want?" She asked, without leaving her eyes on a bunch of ice cream, debating in her mind which flavour to choose.

Chaeyoung just whines while looking at his now red arm "see what have you done to my arm. It's red" he hissed while rubbing his arm while Nayeon keeping her straight face before turn to Dahyun, who just arrived and ask "want ice cream, Dahyun?" 

"Yeah. I want chocolate ice cream" Dahyun said excitedly.

Nayeon picked up two Chocolate ice creams and goes to counter but instead of pay it she went to Chaeyoung and asked him to pay it for her and Dahyun's and said it was his punishment for embarrassing her in front of their friends. Chaeyoung just rolled his eyes but still did what she wants anyway.

 

 

"Aww look at this two love birds"

Chaeyoung and Nayeon turned at the same time and saw a beautiful black haired girl looking straight at them. The girl then walks to them with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"It's been so long since we last talked right Nayeon?  You don't miss me?" The beautiful girl asked sarcastically while giving a teasing smirk to Nayeon and oh man Chaeyoung swear his heart is about to burst out, dahyun beside him seems to struck by her beauty too as his jaw is dropping like an idiot.

"I promise I will call you tonight" Nayeon said while rolling her eyes, not like she annoyed with the girl but it's just her habit. Of course she can't ignores this girl, she will never to. Even Jeongyeon and Jihyo keep telling her to stay away from this girl because she is a bad influence, which Nayeon can't deny that but still,  the girl was there when she was at her worst and most importantly, the girl understand her and her problems which all her friends failed to do so. Yes the girl is a bad influence but is not like Nayeon is saint either, they both are just the same.

"Please do. We have so many things to catch up" she winks naughtily before look at Chaeyoung and smile.

Chaeyoung almost squealed seeing the girl looked at him like that, Dahyun beside him just punch Chaeyoung's shoulder repeatedly, he can't help but be jealous of the cub.

"Oh yes, please come to my party next week.You can bring your friends and of course your boyfriend too" she emphasized the last word with a naughty smirk before walking towards the exit door.

"You got a cute guy this time" the girl chuckles without turning to Nayeon and just continuing walking.

Nayeon then realised two guy beside her is both freezing, she then turned her head only to see dumb and dumber  have their jaw dropped, both of them did not blink even once and staring straight to the girl who just left.

"Seriously guys?!?" 

Nayeon's loud voice making the duo flinched before continue acting like nothing happened, Dahyun is busy eating his ice cream while Chaeyoung just doing nothing, looking at the blank ceiling.

"she is Jennie by the way, if you wonder" Nayeon said sarcastically.

"She's beautiful" Chaeyoung whispered but Nayeon still can heard it anyway.

"Men moving on so fast" Nayeon shaked her head while unwrapping her ice cream, her voice is low since she doesn't want Dahyun to hear it 

"Gosh nayeon, give me a break. My crush is dating my brother. Let me find another crush to heal my broken heart" chaeyoung said dramatically and Dahyun beside him snickered at him.

Chaeyoung noticed Nayeon's confusing face and immediately explain it to her.

"Oh he knew. I told him everything" Chaeyoung said while pointing at Dahyun, Dahyun grins while making a peace sign with his fingers to Nayeon.

"Yeah! Btw that was a clever move Nayeon, thanks for saving his . Can you imagine if jeong-"

"Anyway" Nayeon cut Dahyun off, pushing him aside to walk towards Chaeyoung.

"Rude" Dahyun huffed, crossing his arms against his chest, feeling offend.

"Please don't look at other girl like that again. Not on my watch. You're my boyfriend remember?" Nayeon smirk, leaning closer to Chaeyoung, the guy just gulped at the closeness, his heart is beating so fast that he could feel that the girl in front of him could hear it. he's sure his heart is racing because of the closeness, he sure about that. Nayeon smirk at his reaction and continue.

"Just a warning, I'm really jealous and possessive girl" She whispered on his ear, blowing some hot air through the coldness. Chaeyoung's legs start to feel like jelly and his hands start to tremble. He doesn't know why he feels like this, it is because of her warning or it is just because of HER.

She smile devilishly at Chaeyoung before leaving. Chaeyoung look at Dahyun who is now taken aback from the scene that happened early in front of him. 

"I think I need to find a way to break up with her as soon as possible..."

 

 

*

 

Nayeon locked the door the moment she enter the toilet, to make sure no one enter the room. She sigh as she leaned her back against the door, closing her eyes tightly.

"What did just happened?"

She placed her hand on top of her chest to feel her heart drumming rapidly inside her chest. She feel strange inside her heart, the adrenaline is rushing fast inside her body and this is not the first time he made her feel like this . Suddenly a memories from last night flashed into her head.

She doesn't want to remember about last night, but that accident just never left her mind since this morning. She can't stop thinking about last night, about the guy... About his lips.. it just as soft as it looks like.

"Stop it ert!" Nayeon groans and shakes her head, trying to throw that unwanted thought away.

She walk towards the sink to wash her face. "Get a hold of yourself. He is your friend for 's sake" she scolded herself.

After done washing her face, she still continued to stand there, in front of the mirror, staring at herself. A memories of last night comeback again, a sudden feeling of shame took over her, she feels so dirty and disgusted with herself. Funny how she never felt like this with other guys. Maybe because this time, she knows, she was the one who took advantage and not the other way around.

"I wish it was just a nightmare" She whispered quietly, lifting her hand and slowly ing her shirt, one by one. 

A deep sigh left her lips.

"At least, he didn't remember"

She said quietly, staring at the fresh purple bruises displayed so provocatively on her collarbone and cleavage. 

 

 


*********Awesome9*********

 

 

What happen? What happen? 

 

Run!!

 

 

Btw I was too lazy to re-read it again so. I'm sorry for grammar errors and so on. Enjoy!