His motives

9th.

Opening his eyes slowly, Baekhyun felt his energy is full now, he look up to see a smiling Lay looking at him, Baekhyun look around to see he was on Lays lap inside that old car they arrived with,

 

“Hey! How do you feel?” Lay asked and Baekhyun move to a sitting position 

“Little headache but I live” he said in sarcasm 

“Chanyeol is so upset when i push him back from you” Lay giggles “he didn’t mean to hurt you, but what happened was a Phoenix punishment we call it” Lay start to explain, but Baekhyun already know about it, he is well aware of what Chanyeol did back there

 

“The Phoenix power could consume energy from the ones around him, that forbidden to do in our planet because taking energy that doesn’t belong to you is like taking life” he tried to make it easier to understand “so since we all have powers taking it could be a huge punishment, you as a human felt weak and fainted right away? Because you don’t have powers”

 

Baekhyun nodded like he understood it, but no that not right a Phoenix punishment truly drained energy, but his not a human, and fainting like that means that his power decided to not take his own power, but just to make him weak, happily Chanyeol was ignorant about the real reason of what his orb did.

 

He look outside finding D.O and Kai there trying to grow plants 

 

“You guys practicing?” Baekhyun asked and Lay nodded 

“Yes we are! we trying to find a proper one, like you did to the Phoenix” Lay think about it “you know he is really discovering his power better when you around!” And he gain a Baekhyun look with ‘Are you serious’ but Lay continue “he kept quite since he think he hurt you, sitting on a corner not doing anything, and watching others practicing, he is demotivated”

Baekhyun roll his eyes in frustration opening the car door with “such a giant Baby! How can he fight an aliens army if he is like that”

 

Lay smiled following the other from behind he likes how that guy have guts to say those words to their Phoenix, he saw him stopping by D.O and Kai 

 

“Plants won’t help you” Baekhyun said to D.O who look back at him with wide eyes “and you watching won’t help either” he said this time to Kai

“D.O you need stability, concentration to maintain your both powers, so D.O raise a rock on the air”

D.O look at Kai who shrugs and raise one 

“Little bigger that can hold a human body on it, take it out from the ground” Baekhyun said sharply 

 

D.O nodded and raise part from the ground floating on the air

 

“Kai teleport on it” 

 

Kai disappeared and appears on it, hardly he stands on it because D.O was shaking the rock under his feet “Ya!!” Kai said 

“Good” Baekhyun nodded “now what I want you to do is you take another one and wherever Kai teleport you should made him stand on it”

 

D.O look at Baekhyun with wide eyes “how should I know”

Baekhyun shrugs “it’s not about knowing it’s about reflection and yours are so slow”

 

Kai look at him from up the rock “what if he didn’t put it in the right time?” 

 

Baekhyun smiled to Kai “that for you to teleport back to the last one you stand on it, from now on don’t touch the ground you touch it you die in that fight” 

Kai eyes got wide open “so I could be falling but need to teleport back, is that even possible??” He pouted “D.O! Please keep them stable”

 

D.O jaw drop, he just nodded with “please forgive me if I do something wrong”

 

The two start and Lay could swear it the first time seeing D.O screaming “Back!back!” To Kai who slammed his continuously on the ground when he doesn’t find where to step l, it was more funnier but D.O wasn’t laughing he was worried because he feels like it is his fault the other got hurt every time, when finally Kai manage to go back to the first one because they didn’t succeed he found it unstable and fall again.

 

“Perfect!” Baekhyun said with a smile “some team fight will definitely help you guys”

And Lay noticed how he was talking to himself proudly, he turn to go in when he know the two get what he was saying and found other doing random things like the two outside.

 

“Any other ideas?” Lay said because he is sure the view outside is way more better 

 

Chanyeol stand from the ground he was sitting at seeing Baekhyun but he unconsciously step back, afraid he would hurt him.

 

“You know your precious to him right, can you forget your deal and help him?” Baekhyun heard Lay saying to him, he look at him with a nodded and move all the way to Chanyeol, who look down not daring to see at his eyes, Baekhyun smiled at the other reaction it was cute, how he is afraid to hurt him by just looking at him, he is a Phoenix indeed, he know everyone inside are looking at them so he said 

 

“that creature attack me the first time that how I get to the hospital”

And that made Chanyeol eyes got wide open looking at him with “w...what?” 

Baekhyun take his phone and open the video from his lab showing it to Chanyeol “I know he was after something in my lab, and I just know that I already stop you guys from leaving after years, how can I stop you again saying some creep alien attacks me, I knew you won’t leave till you find him, so I decide to take him down alone”

 

Chanyeol eyes got wide open seeing the scene on the phone “He hurt you”

 

Baekhyun shrugs “I decide to get what he takes and found what items he was afraid of to show himself to a human, but what I didn’t expect it that I found him in this warehouse ceiling watching me”

“What!” Chanyeol said more shocked

“Yeah, he waited till I finished my new bullets, like he was waiting me to do it” Baekhyun shrugs “but I really don’t care since it worked and he is dead”

 

“Why you didn’t tell us from the beginning?” Chanyeol asked

Baekhyun nodded in sarcasm “i wanted to see your Phoenix punishment” he look at him with a serious face “your earth friend tied me and you get angry and didn’t even give me a chance to explain!”

 

Chanyeol give him his phone back, Baekhyun just wanted to turn but felt Chanyeol grab his fingers, he turn back looking at how the giant looking down at their hands, and how he move to him slowly and with his long arms he gently push him closer and put his face on his hair like he was smelling him, Baekhyun eyes got wide open his mind screamed what is he doing in front of everyone — still he like it because he didn’t refuse the action for a second— 

 

“Glad you’re okay” he heard Chanyeol whispered, but not just that he felt power overwhelming his body, like those times when he was on his planet, and everything was fine, when everything was peaceful, he closed his eyes feeling the warmth sense of the giant, he is a Phoenix indeed, no wonder they needed him, no wonder they have hopes in him. Because such a power can give too much hope for...

 

 

His a traitor....

 

 

Baekhyun open his eyes and push Chanyeol stepping back, feeling awkward when everyone is looking at him, he clear his throat “stop playing around ert you need to practice” he said to shake the awkwardness off

 

Lay smiled, he was really happy to see his Phoenix smiling again, and everyone there, he felt that sensation of power coming from the two that make him more better, but the feeling stopped when Baekhyun fall back, knowing that everyone felt the same because they look at each other with a smile, knowing that maybe their Phoenix did choose his property.

 

“Anything you suggest!” Chanyeol asked 

 

Baekhyun turn looking at every one who were clueless looking back at him “your face giving a certain defeat” he look at Suho “you with lightening boy stay here, Chanyeol, ice and wind outside take the back side of the warehouse ice make the thickest wall you can to protect yourself and the wind user, also wind fight against your Phoenix and try to make Chanyeol Fire far from the ice wall, also please try to not get any smoke noticeable so you better control that and help ice too in the same time.

“That a lot of things to do!” Sehun said surprised but he accepted it better that way, the three look at each other and nodded moving out of there finding the mess Kai and D.O were in, an already tired two were there, but they didn’t stop, the two were screaming at each other, not in anger but trying to understand each other minds, Chanyeol smiled at them and move back because the front definitely was occupied. And he was now motivated to do the same

 

 

“ARE YOU JOKING” Chen screamed looking at the huge water in the top of his head

“Electricity is weak against water” Baekhyun explain “so I want you to strike your lightening in his water and try to control it in it then all the way out from the other side”

 

“SO WHY IT IN THE TOP OF MY HEAD” Chen screamed in frustration

“Motivation for Suho to stay controlling it!” Baekhyun said like an obvious thing

 

“ADMIT IT YOU JUST HATE ME AND WANT ME TO GET WET BASTARD” Chen screamed and Baekhyun nodded with “Yeah that too” he smirked “Suho try to make it bigger and stronger for the other to not win over you, and let see who’s strong”

 

Lay smiled noticing the immediate competitive look on the two eyes. He know Chen is bad hand fighter, so this is his opportunity to prove his power is stronger, but Suho isn’t less

 

 

Finally Baekhyun look at Lay he shrugs with “Am sorry I have no ideas for your power”

Lay pouted following Baekhyun who move to where his lab tools were 

 

“YA STOP MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE”

“Keep dreaming to beat me”

 

 

Lay heard Suho and Chen saying, he smiled looking back at Baekhyun who move to the dead outsider 

 

“What are you doing?” Lay asked 

 

And Baekhyun shrugs “I wish I can get inside his mind and know what happened 4 years ago”

Lay look at Baekhyun confused “two years” he corrected 

Baekhyun nodded with an “Ooh!” knowing he just said something he shouldn’t “2 years ago” he repeated, But then look at Lay “you can’t bring people back to life right?”

 

Lay eyes got wide open “No! Am not a god?” 

Baekhyun smiled “wait, so if you make the body function the same way as he was alive we won’t get at least something?”

 

Lay look at Baekhyun and smiled “I never tried actually! Should we?” Baekhyun nodded and Lay move down next to that thing “so I should just heal everything in his place and see what happens” he said closing his eyes and a yellow power show up in his both hands, Lay open his eyes saying while still healing “their body system are different, the weak spot is on the neck” he pointed with his eyes to the bullet on the neck “that was his reason of death beside the extra liquid”

Baekhyun nodded understanding 

 

“But you think he will wake up” Lay asked 

Baekhyun move to his lab “of course not! Your not a god, we have souls and I guess everyone have including that thing”

 

“So why are we bothering?” Lay asked 

 

And Baekhyun bring a needle and sits next to Lay “we want to make the brain, active even if the body is dead. and maybe at least we get a word or two I don’t know”

 

Lay nodded “well am practicing anyway in a dead body” few minutes later Lay take off his hands with “I think I fixed everything”

Baekhyun nodded digging that needle in the brain and look at Chen “a little strike here please! Just a liiiiiitttle one” he insists 

 

Chen who was still not succeeding angrily he throw a big one on the outsider body because it’s dead

 

“NO!” Baekhyun screamed but it was too late because the body didn’t move at all, Baekhyun look daggers at Chen with “thanks for blowing it” 

Chen smiled “thanks for letting me get wet and can’t control it”

Baekhyun roll his eyes at the comment, he look at Lay who shrugs “at least we tried”

 

But wanting to stand, that creature dead body jump on Baekhyun back, a scream of “help” from Lay heard making the other two inside that warehouse turning in a fear 

 

“I SHOULD KILL YOU TO WIN THE WAR” 

 

the creature said loudly, and Baekhyun wants to take him off of his back, but he felt a hard water hit the two of them making them fall each on a side

“Let me” Chen said But Lay screams “NO LIGHTENING BAEKHYUN WET TOO”

 

but as fast as the three can imagine that outsider jump again on Baekhyun, but before he reaches him he got slammed on a sudden rock raised from the ground and Kai appears out of nowhere taking Baekhyun and disappeared, showing up behind Suho

 

Chen have it as his sign to strike lightening on that thing, making a loud explosion and making that outsider flesh scattered all over the place, that even Chen was surprised at his power.

 

The three other came in looking at the scene where everyone were shocked 

 

“D..did you guys heard that?” Suho said with open wide eyes 

 

Chanyeol look at them “what going on?”

 

Suho look at Chanyeol “the outsider, he said i need to kill you to win the war”

Chanyeol heart skip a beat “that means we didn’t lose yet”

Happiness crept inside everyone in there even Baekhyun was smiling seeing the others hugging each other and happily screaming, except one, who was looking at Baekhyun thinking that “you” the outsider mentioned was just for him not all of them.

 

 

 

 

 

>>>>~<<<<

 

 

“You can spend the night at the coffee with us!” the place becomes darker, they keep practicing even more when they defeated that outsider and get the information from him, Chanyeol asked Baekhyun who took his motorcycle 

 

“I hate to admit it but you are a good teacher” Chen add “things you recommande made me want to take out everything I had, thanks for helping us”

Baekhyun eyes got wide open looking at Chen with sarcasm “no bastard again?” 

Chen shake his head “you are my friend now and our Phoenix property too, you are one of us” he smiled

Baekhyun look at Chen without any expression hearing the word one of us, he just nodded with “thanks for your honesty, but am not your PHOENIX PROPERTY” Baekhyun screams the last words to shake the idea looking daggers at Chanyeol who smiled at him with “you start it”

 

Nodding in frustration Baekhyun add “you guys are good without me, hope to meet before you guys leave” he took his helmet to put it on, but Lay take it from his hands “our Phoenix asked to stay with us, you should obey the order”

Baekhyun take his helmet back “Am sure YOUR Phoenix won’t mind me leaving” he said looking at Chanyeol wishing he could be on his side.

 

“Let him do whatever he wants” Chanyeol said and Baekhyun smiled with “if you need me you have my number, see you” he said wearing his helmet and drive off, everyone gets on the car and drive back to the coffee shop.

 

 

 

>>>><<<<

 

 

Taking a shower and wearing his home shorts and sleeveless black shirt, Chanyeol move down to eat dinner, he was so hangry, also so happy, they did have hope now, even if it a talk of a dead body, but that was the hope they need to try hard, and surprisingly everyone did, even Sehun and Xuimin were about to outplayed him in the practice

“phoeniiix!” Kai said moving to Chanyeol “tomorrow is your birthday right?”

Chanyeol look daggers at Sehun “Sehun!”

 

Xuimin laughed “that mean we should celebrate, it a 20 birthday right? so tomorrow you should be a real Phoenix by our law” 

Chanyeol nodded at him knowing what is he sayings true, like tomorrow he should have his ritual to be a rightful Phoenix for the thrown

“Guys lets do it!” D.O said “let’s do the rituals”

Everyone look at D.O then back to Chanyeol 

“That brilliant idea!” Suho said “the orb power should be needing that”

Lay “I have some knowledge about it, but the main ritual hold by the priests”

 

Hearing the word Priest everyone huffs 

 

“What! Am saying facts” Lay insists “still we need a 9th person to do the rituals even if his not a priest the circle is with 7 orb powers the Phoenix inside and the priest outside reading the law”

 

Chanyeol shrugs “please don’t say the word priest”

 

Lay nodded “a 9th person should be there, so how about Baekhyun? His clever enough to read our ritual”

 

Hearing the name Chanyeol didn’t say no, and that made everyone start laughing at him.

 

“My friend” Sehun said “you like that human?”

 

Chanyeol shrugs “I don’t know”

 

“I call that soulmate” Chen said dramatically “the war ment to be just for our Phoenix to meet his property” 

 

“Stop calling him my property” Chanyeol demands

And Chen immediately stand from his chair and bow with “yes Phoenix”

“Not like that Chen!” Chanyeol said laughing at the sudden change of the other behavior,

“Just admit it you like him, I like him too” Xuimin said “But not that like as lover as a friend, I have my lover”

 

Everyone turn to look at Xuimin surprised 

 

“WHAAAT!” Chen screamed “HOW COME YOU NEVER TOLD ME!”

Xuimin look the other side with “you never asked” and everyone noticed the little red on Xuimin cheeks

“You like me don’t you?” Chen asked with a smile

Xuimin turn looking at him surprised “How did you know?” He asked straightaway, gaining a shock face from Chen “I JUST KNOW!!! I ASKED TEASING!!!”

Sehun smiled at the two “so we have Suho and Lay now Chen and Xuimin!”

“YAA! I didn’t accept yet!” Chen said getting a stopped smile from Xuimin “but I didn’t refuse! Just let me think about it, but don’t hurt yourself because that will made me accept immediately”

Xuimin nodded giggling thinking of how he stayed by his side when he got beaten 

 

Sehun turn to look at D.O and Kai “you two?”

Kai look at D.O with a smile “you want me?”

But he get a gaze of D.O continuing his sentence “to kill you? Sure!”