16| Consequences

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BLINKS, please download the CHOEAEDOL APP and help us vote for BLACKPINK for Soribada Popularity Awards. Please, we need everyone to participate! 🙏🙏

You can use BPVT as the recommender when you sign up. Also, follow them on twitter @BP_VotingTeam for updates and announcements.

 

***

 

"cause I would rather fight with you
than be happy with someone else"

 

 

~*~

 

 

"No. I told you, I'm busy today. I have personal things to do," Jennie gritted her teeth as she talked to Jongin on her phone.

 

The latter kept calling since yesterday asking her to meet up. Although he didn't directly said it would be a date, she knew it was. She knew what he was up to. 

 

For the past week, her fans and his fans have been dying to see them together after their dating news happened. She already agreed for this fake dating issue but she never signed up for seeing him publicly like what he wants.

 

Jongin is a friend and her sunbae. They clicked together after being in one drama and their song collaboration for their OST. She found him caring and thoughtful. He is a gentleman, however, she never looked at him romantically like what their fans thought even if he did show some motives.

 

They talked about their fake dating news and he apologized for getting the both of them into this situation. Jennie apologized too and thought they both agreed not to take this thing for real but here is Jongin trying to convince her for the nth time.

 

"How about tomorrow then?"

 

"No, Jongin. I'm taking the month off away from the cameras. I'm sorry," she said, now losing her patience. She thought that would stop him but he even tried to speak. But, before he could, she hanged up, rolling her eyes.

 

Jisoo came in, right in time.

 

"You done?" the older asked. Jennie nodded and immediately took her purse on the coffee table.

 

Jisoo smirked when Jennie paced across the room quickly towards the door, where she is. "The cat owner will be very happy today..." she muttered when the latter was already with her.

 

"I know," Jennie smirked back.

 

~*~

 

Consecutive gunshots echoed across the shooting range as the soldiers' gun firing training commenced. Lisa was one of the soldiers who were supervising and guiding the cadets. 

 

"Hold the gun properly and securely or else you'll drop it when you fire. Keep your elbows straight and eyes on the target," Lieutenant Lisa said sternly as she saw one of the cadets struggling with her gun. She was standing a meter away from the young lady who seemed very nervous. Lisa could see her arms shaking from the short distance.

 

"Y-yes ma'am," the cadet answered back with forced confidence.

 

Lisa's brows furrowed as she sensed the overflowing nervousness from the girl. Having been in the same shoes before, she finally decided step in and help her junior.

 

Without any word, she held her arms firmly making the girl flinch in surprise.

 

"Clear your thoughts and focus on your training. Whatever that's been bothering you, set it aside for a while. Relax," Lisa smiled at her last word.

 

But the girl still looked very anxious. "I'm sorry, lieutenant," she apologised.

 

"It's okay. Try again. Do it right this time," Lisa beamed to assure the girl. The latter managed to smile back.

 

Taking Lisa's advice, she aimed for the center of the target. Closing one eye, she breathed out and pulled the trigger. She was able to shot the target like how she wanted to. 

 

Lisa can't help but smile in awe and clapped her hands for her junior. "Well done," she remarked making the girl blush.

 

"Thank you, sunbaenim," the girl said shyly.

 

Just then, the bell rang signalling that the training has ended. Lunch has been announced and it's time for them to clear out the field. Lisa tilted her head to see the girl's name that was on her uniform.

 

"Private Hwang Yeji," Lisa read the cadet's name. "I know you're probably still finding yourself around here, that's why you're anxious. But if you need some help, don't hesitate to approach your seniors. If you're too shy to do that, then just go to me instead. Okay?"

 

Yeji was lost for words when Lisa beamed at her again that she only managed to smile and nod profusely making the latter chuckle at her unintended cuteness.

 

"You're dismissed. Have a good day," Lisa said.

 

Yeji bowed and wished her a good day as well before scurrying out of the field with her fellow cadets. Lisa then also walked out of the field towards her colleagues but she haven't even reached them when someone approached her, running towards where she is.

 

The private first class saluted to her. Lisa recognized the young man as one of the messengers from the visitor's lounge as she often see him delivering news of her colleagues' visitors.

 

"Lieutenant Manoban, someone wishes to see you at this moment," the guy informed, which was kind of expected. But...

 

"Who is it?" She asked back, it was the thing that she was more curious about. For the past years, she hasn't been receiving any visitors. Her parents went to see her during her first two years in the army and that only happened thrice.

 

"Officer Seo did not say who but he said it's your favorite cat," the young man said awkwardly.

 

Lisa blinked twice in confusion. "My... favorite... cat?" she slowly uttered each word, totally puzzled. She thought for a moment, trying to figure out what that meant. Since when did she had a cat?

 

They went to the visitor's lounge together. While on their way, she can't stop thinking about the cat he was talking about.

 

They entered the lounge and Officer Seo was the first one who approached her. He was smirking and wiggling his brows as he came up to her. Lisa was very confused especially when he playfully slapped her arm as if they were close.

 

Officer Seo sighed and clicked his tongue. "You didn't tell me you're friends with a superstar?!" 

 

"Huh?" Lisa breathed.

 

The officer's smirk widened. "Playing innocent now, lieutenant?" He laughed and lightly slapped her arm again. "Go inside. Your friends are waiting for you."

 

He said before he left, whistling his way out of the lounge. 

 

"Friends?" Lisa repeated to herself as she walked further inside.

 

There were other soldiers inside together with their visitors. Her forehead creased as she scanned the tables, looking for familiar faces. She was actually thinking about Yeri being the "cat" so she was looking at the people's faces but ends up seeing the most unexpected person to be there!

 

Lisa's eyes widened when she saw who was waiting at the far corner of the room. Even at the distance, she could see her signature gummy smile that she loves so much, her cheeks evidently showing. With agape, Lisa quickly paced across the room. Only with a few steps, she reached their table.

 

"What's up, lieutenant?!" Jisoo stood upon Lisa's arrival, bumping her fist on the latter's shoulder but the younger didn't even glanced at her.

 

Lisa was just busy smiling at her girlfriend. She couldn't take her gaze off her.

 

"Hi..." Lisa uttered, feeling as if it was their first time meeting each other. 

 

Jennie beamed widely, feeling giddy at the sight of her girlfriend in her uniform. She had seen her wearing her battledress uniform, but seeing her now, she can't help but notice how Lisa looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter