07| Crash

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Note: This story is UNEDITED.

 

***

 

“losing you will be the death of me”

 

~❇~

 

It was a gloomy Saturday afternoon when Jisoo came home and found Jennie standing in front of the glass door of the veranda. Her shoulders dropped at the sight of her blue cousin. She doesn't need to ask why cause the latter has been acting that way for the past five months.

 

"I'm home," she announced to let Jennie know. The latter hummed in response, just like the usual.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes and accidentally saw the box of pizza on the coffee table. Thinking how much longer will she endure this kind of Jennie, she boredly stared at the latter.

 

"You don't have work tomorrow too, right?" she asked and received no response.

 

"Yes, Jisoo. I don't have a schedule tomorrow. Let's go out tonight," she said in a small voice trying to copy Jennie but ended up sounding like a cartoon character who was stuck between two poles.

 

Jennie glared at her through the reflection on the glass but the older just shrugged. 

 

"So, are we going or not?" she asked directly this time but the brunette didn't say a word and even looked away from her.

 

Jisoo sighed. "Fine. But you'd join me for a movie marathon, right?" and there was still no response.

 

Her face scrunched up in annoyance because of Jennie's unwillingness. It's been going on for so long that she thinks it's not normal anymore but how can she help her cousin when she's not even responding.

 

"Look, Jennie, I know what's bothering you but right now it's kind of freaking me out. You've been acting like this for the past five months and I don't think it's normal anymore. I don't know what to do with you. Should I take you to the doctor or should I just let you be with your life, I don't know," Jisoo scolded but Jennie remained silent on her place, only looking at her through the reflection.

 

Five months ago when Lisa left for the army once again and it wasn't a good memory for Jennie. Every time, even during work, her mind would flew to that woman and their last conversation – more like argument.

 

She'd always feel down and not in the mood to do anything. Good thing she was given a month break after her dating issue and she had a time to reflect on herself, hoping she'd forget about her encounter with her ex-girlfriend but she didn't.

 

But what bothers her more is the thought that she might not see her again, for good this time. It's been five months and she never heard about her again, even Chaeyoung doesn't know anything.

 

"The last thing I heard from her was that she's going to be part of the troop that will be sent to South Africa. Nothing came after that. I guess she's already out of the country," it was what Chaeyoung told her three months ago.

 

She was lowkey hoping she could talk to Lisa but hearing that news shattered everything.

 

"Jendeukie..." Jisoo whined and made her way to embrace the brunette from the side.

 

"Jen, it's not the end of the world. So please, stop acting like this," she added sadly.

 

Jennie let her tears flow as she let herself drown in her unnie's embrace. "I'm scared, unnie," she cried.

 

"Scared?" Jisoo repeated. "Of what?"

 

"That I might never see her again," Jennie sobbed that made Jisoo hug her tighter. 

 

They remained that way until Jennie calmed down. It took a while but there was no problem with it. Jisoo knew that she's going through a rough time and she doesn't know how to make her feel better so she tried to distract her by taking her to clubs, malls, and even out of town travels but it's no use.

 

Guess broken hearts are really hard to fix.

 

Jisoo put the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and smiled at Jennie who was sitting on the couch. Finally, Jennie was willing to join her for the movie marathon. 

 

Jennie turned the tv on and the first thing that showed was a newsflash report.

 

"Breaking news: Flight 11 of the South Korean Armed Forces crash landed near Gimpo Airport. Reports say that the plane took off from South Africa and was to land on Gimpo Airport but was unable to land safely as there were some malfunction on the plane's system."

 

"What the? Jennie raise the volume," Jisoo said quickly which the other did. They were both shocked by the news that they couldn't take their eyes off the screen.

 

"There were twenty-seven South Korean soldiers on the plane; four were reported dead, eight are in critical condition, including the pilot and copilot, seventeen were injured.

 

The soldiers in Flight 11 are:

Kim Junhyung, Park Hansung, Bae Jinseok, Oliver Song, Bae Hayoung, Lalisa Manoban..."

 

Jisoo a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter