05| Breaking News

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, Happy birthday to the one and only Jennie Ruby Jane Kim!!! 🎉💖 #0116

 

***

 

“you said "move on" but where do I go?”

 

~❇~

 

 

"Yes, mom, I'll call you back," Lisa  dismissed the call upon seeing Chaeyoung coming out from the room. She typed in a message while the latter watched her with furrowed eyebrows.

 

"Are you not going to visit them? Your one week leave is almost over. It might take another forever before you could come back again," Chaeyoung commented, realizing that her friend didn't even mention about visiting her parents. 

 

"You don't have to tell me that. I already have plans," Lisa smiled.

 

Chaeyoung sighed. "Thank goodness. I thought I'd still drag you to the car and drive you to where your parents are," she said and drank her last drop of coffee.

 

It's Tuesday and she had work to do. Yesterday, Lisa stayed home alone even when she insisted that she could come to her workplace.

 

"I already called them that I'll be home by this afternoon," Lisa informed making Chaeyoung nod in agreement.

 

"That's good. And when will you come back?" she asked.

 

Lisa pursed her lips at the question. Actually, she's still fighting over it — if she'd spend the rest of her remaining vacation with them or not. She only have three days left, the least.

 

"I don't know..." she said, still unsure.

 

Chaeyoung noticed the army woman's strange behaviour since yesterday — nope, it started the night when she came home last Sunday. Although, she already had some hunch about what happened on that dinner, she wanted Lisa to open up to her.

 

"Anyway, tell them I said hi," Chaeyoung can't do anything if Lisa doesn't want to talk about it.

 

Lisa smiled weakly. "I'm sorry I won't be here when you come back," she said but Chaeyoung just laughed.

 

"It's alright. I also don't want to come home seeing you here," she replied and they both laughed.

 

 

~❇~

 

 

"You have an interview and photoshoot for a magazine at two, but aside from that there's nothing more on your schedule," her manager explained but seems like she's talking to the air.

 

She glanced at the woman on her right and sighed heavily after seeing her talent gloomy on a sunny morning.

 

"Jennie," she called but the one bearing the name did not respond. She shakes her head when she realized it was hopeless to talk to her today.

 

"Jeongyeon, if you happen to see your ex with someone, what would you think?" Jennie suddenly spoke after a while making her manager glance at her in surprise.

 

"What? Why are you suddenly asking me that?"

 

"Just answer me, please?"

 

"Well..." Jeongyeon wondered and tried to think about it but it was too hard for her, especially when she's driving. "I... well, of course, I'd think that they're dating or something like that–"

 

"But they're not dating. Why would you think that they are?" Jennie asked almost hysterically.

 

"Then why would they hang out together?"

 

"Because they're friends?!" Jennie exclaimed making her manager to abruptly look at her.

 

Jeongyeon then realized that they're almost fighting over an ex topic. "You asked me and I answered. Why are you getting mad all of a sudden?"

 

Jennie slumped back on her seat, she didn't even noticed she was getting too absorbed on their conversation, more the fact, she started it.

 

"Why? Do you have a problem with your ex?" Jeongyeon asked innocently. But Jennie was already spacing out and she didn't hear her.

 

Her parents were the only one talking during dinner. They'd sometimes asked them about their opinions but they'll only answer in short sentences and even only with a word.

 

She's not sure of dinner went well in that case. But it could've been worse, she thought.

 

It's not everyday that she sees her parents, nor join them in dinners like this. And it's also not everyday that she'd dine in with someone like her ex-girlfriend. It's been what? Six years since they last dined together and note that it didn't go so well that night, too.

 

After dinner, they decided to watch a movie. She thought Lisa would skip this time, and would say goodbye no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter