11| Best Part

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


“if life is a movie, you're the best part”

 

 

~*~

 

 

The smell of pancakes invaded her system as soon as she stepped out of the shower. It's been so long since she went home to her own apartment.

 

Seven years.

 

She could still remember waking up to the smell of her coffee's aroma and pancakes every morning, just like today.

 

Everyday, at the camp, she'd always wonder of what could her life be when she didn't join the army. Well, it would be very different. She was selfish of wanting both life but then she knew she could only have one.

 

She wraps her arms around her and rested her chin on the latter's shoulder. "I love you," she says.

 

"You've been saying that since last night, and earlier this morning. You missed saying those words, don't you?" Jennie giggled and kissed her on the cheeks.

 

"Hmm. For the past seven years, I could only talk to your picture. So I'm not wasting any chance to tell you how much I love you," the younger explained and showered her butterfly kisses.

 

"Thank you," she breathed and Jennie wondered why.

 

As if Lisa heard the unasked question on her mind, she smiled. "For taking me back. And for patiently waiting."

 

Jennie smiled and turned her body to face the lover, wrapping her arms around the latter's neck, not taking her gaze off her. "I have no choice but to take you back. I don't like the idea of you dating another woman out there. And sorry, I'm not sorry for being selfish," she gave her a peck on the lips and beamed proudly at her.

 

"I don't know what to do if something happens and I'm not there for you. I want to be the woman you'll come home to, and the only one who'll ever own you. I'm that selfish," she added and reached for another kiss.

 

Lisa stares at her woman in awe. As if everything is like a dream, she couldn't take her gaze off her and the smile that's genuinely painted on her face. She could watch her, hold her, hug her all day and still couldn't get enough.

 

"What?" Jennie spoke.

 

"Hmm?" Lisa hummed as a respond still looking right into her.

 

Jennie giggled cutely and pinched Lisa's nose. "Why are you just staring at me?"

 

Lisa chuckled and shrugged. "I can't help it. I still can't get over the fact that you're mine again. I swear, I'm not wasting this chance anymore. I promise, I'll be better. No matter what happens, we'll make it to forever."

 

Jennie didn't say anything instead she tiptoed to give her lover a kiss, thus sealing her promise with it. It was merely a peck but Lisa had something different in mind. The latter deepens the kiss but was interrupted when a phone rang.

 

Lisa pulled away with an annoyed face and seeing it, Jennie chuckled. She lets go of the hug and went to the table to get her phone. One glance at her lover, she answered the call.

 

"Hey, Jeong," Jennie started that made Lisa's eyes narrow. "Jeongyeon," she said in full after realizing it sounded like man's name.

 

Lisa went to her, hugging her from the side and trying to get a hold of what they're talking about. But before she could even grasp anything Jennie hanged up already.

 

"What was that? Who are you talking to?" Lisa asked.

 

"It was Jeongyeon, my manager. She called to remind me about the fanmeeting later. I almost forgot I have a schedule today," she replied lazily and hugged her girlfriend who seems to be in deep thought as her brows were furrowed and lips pouting.

 

Jennie chuckled at her expression and put a finger in between Lisa's eyebrows, making the latter relax. "What's the problem?"

 

"I missed your birthday," Lisa answered dejectedly. She knew she won't be able to come back on or before Jennie's birthday but still she came back a little early for her. 

 

She came back a week after her birthday and she thought she should make it up to her but after knowing Jennie had a schedule for that day, her plans were crashed.

 

"You're upset because of that?" Jennie asked with a smile creeping into her lips.

 

"I thought I could have you all day today. I still have to give you your present," Lisa answered honestly, resting her forehead unto the other's.

 

"Oh? I thought you already gave me your gift? Last night?" Jennie blushed upon the memory of last night and Lisa noticed it.

 

Lisa chuckled. "That was a surprise gift that I did not also plan. You seem to love it though."

 

Jennie slapped Lisa's arms and felt her cheeks heating up in embarrassment while the latter was just laughing and didn't even bother holding it in.

 

Although a bit flushed and conscious, she couldn't stop herself from smiling too. It's been so long since she felt like jumping in excitement and happiness and everything seems to be perfect for her.

 

She missed the feeling of having someone to hold hands with, to laugh with, to say random compliments and 'I love yous' with.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter