03| Passenger Seat

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“do you miss me like I miss you?”

 

~❇~

 

"You know her right?" the woman spoke.

"Yeah..." Lisa's voice turned hoarse as she watched her from afar. "So much."

Watching her made her realize that she missed the woman so much. They met each other last night but she didn't had enough time to admire that person. Seeing her, this time, Lisa did not want to miss the chance to gaze upon the woman she used to love.

Her brunette hair is still there. Did she even change it since then? She thinks, no. She doesn't go for any other color. Lisa smiled. Her gaze went on the woman's facial features. She still looked the same, she said to herself. Only now, she's not hers.

Jennie stood from her seat which made Lisa flinch but then again composed herself and watched the woman walked out to the powder room. 

"I always see her here with her friends. But too bad, I can't bring myself up to her for an autograph." Lisa turned to her side, almost forgetting about the stranger she was talking with earlier.

"She's always here..." she repeats. Knowing Jennie, she's not the type to always hang out. Well, that's how she knew her. Maybe she changed. She did.

"Excuse me," she told the woman without looking at the latter. Her eyes were fixed to where Jennie disappeared to and went to follow her.

She heaved before opening the door to the powder room. She saw her rummaging on her pouch. Lisa closed the door behind her and stood in front of the sink, watching the woman from the mirror.

However, Jennie failed to notice another presence inside not until she looked up and met her gaze through the mirror. She was stunned to see the woman there with her that her hands trembled.

Lisa cleared and looked away. She opened the faucet – acting busy washing her hands. Jennie also made herself busy with applying her lipstick. The latter constantly glances at the woman on the faucet. She suddenly became conscious of herself.

"I might melt if you continue to stare at me," the guts of that woman made Jennie roll her eyes. Her confidence level had just gone beyond the roof, after all those years, she thought.

"Still too fond of yourself, Manoban," she uttered and put her lipstick away.

Lisa grinned upon hearing the familiar monotone of her ex. And the way she called her by her last name brought her back to the days when she always calls her that especially when she's being jealous or mad about something, and sometimes when being playful.

"You still look so good in red lipstick," she commented when her eyes went to her red lips, unconsciously her own.

The atmosphere grew awkward after that comment and Jennie felt it. She sighed and zipped her pouch close before checking herself again in the mirror. It was hard for her to maintain a straight face when Lisa was there watching her every move. She wanted to cursed at the woman but afraid of the consequences it might bring.

"Nice to see you alive," Jennie whispered but Lisa heard it and frowned.

"Would you be happy if I came back dead?" Lisa asked softly while looking at her intently.

Jennie fought every urge to speak — unhappy and mad with the woman's words. She never liked it when Lisa speaks that way. Even before, this has always been the cause of their arguments and misunderstandings.

"Bad joke?" Lisa said knowing the other's sudden change of mood.

"Don't talk to me," Jennie gritted her teeth and walked to the door.

"Are you free tomorrow?" Lisa asked that made Jennie halt from taking another step.

The latter sighed. This conversation with her is making her frustrated. "I don't think so," Jennie replied. She could've said yes if it wasn't for what she saw earlier and her joke about being dead.

You want to die? I can do you a favor. Let me be the one to kill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter