01| Old friend

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

“long time no see”

 

~❇~

 

The cold breeze of the night welcomed her as she went out on the balcony of her room. She stretches her arms wide, bending her torso as she smiles at the night view of the city she misses so much.

 

"Ah, Seoul!"

 

Her smiles were to the moon as she looked over the city. It's been so long since the last time she stepped foot to the place she used to call home.

 

Six? Seven years? She doesn't know. She lost count over the years and time has lost it's meaning in her dictionary. Her life in military changed her a lot. Along with the physical training she received, she gained a lot of learning and life lessons from her colleagues and her superiors.

 

Obviously, the life inside the wired fences and tall brick walls is all different from the world that was on the other side - her first life, as she called it.

 

Suddenly, arms started to wrap around her torso that made her frown. She quickly turned around to see the person and frowned more after realizing it was just her friend.

 

"What the hell are you doing?!" She pushed her friend away from her and blinked in shock.

 

The latter bursted into laughter after seeing her shocked and confused face.

 

"You should've seen your face! Oh my god, I should've filmed that!" Her friend exclaimed while clapping her hands like a seal. While she's so happy with the little prank she did, the other isn't having any fun of it.

 

"Oh come on, Lisa! I just missed you, that's all!" Her friend defended when she noticed that she was just staring at her, more like glaring at her.

 

"It's not funny," Lisa said sternly making the other's smile fade.

 

"Sorry," she apologised and looked down.

 

Lisa, however, was trying to suppress her laughter the whole time. Oh how she missed messing with her. She pursed her lips and looked away when her friend lifted her head to glance at her.

 

"Lisa, hey–"

 

Her friend was about to say something when she noticed Lisa's shoulder shaking and frowned after realizing that her good friend is playing an act towards her.

 

With no hesitation, she hits her shoulders that made Lisa yelp but at the same time laugh loudly at her sulking friend.

 

"What? You started it," she reasoned out, teasing the other girl.

 

"You never changed," the woman pouted cutely that Lisa acted like vomiting in disgust earning her another hit on the arm.

 

"I could say the same thing to you, Chaeyoungie~" she did her ever promising aegyo — something she couldn't do in the army.

 

"Oh how annoying! I thought you already forgot to do that after all those years of serious work!" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes which is surprising for Lisa.

 

"When did you learn to roll your eyes like that?" Lisa crosses her arms against her chest as she questioned the other.

 

Her friend smirked. "I learned from the best." She said, gesturing her hand towards the military woman.

 

Lisa shove her hand away and sighed. "I guess I'm a bad teacher then." She chuckled and so did Chaeyoung.

 

The two have been friends since high school. Nothing and no one can doubt their friendship. Almost seven years ago, when Lisa left to join the military, Chaeyoung was one of the people who opposed her decision and did not want her to leave. It took her a year or two before finally accepting and supporting her friend. She had no choice anyways.

 

Earlier that afternoon, Lisa was back from the army to have her vacation. She was given a short leave for about a week. She could've chose to stay inside the camp and decline the offer like she always do for the past five years but she didn't. This time, she wanted to do what her heart wants. It would be a lie if she say she's doesn't miss her friends and her parents.

 

Having no place of her own to stay, the first person that came to mind was Chaeyoung, whom she considers as her sister. The latter was surprised to see her friend waiting for her in the lobby of the building she was working at, casually dressed with a huge luggage on her side. Chaeyoung made her stay in her place. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter