17| Box

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“even though I don't tell you all the time,
you have my heart a long long time ago,
in case you didn't know”

 

~*~

 

"That's good to know. Thank you," Attorney Park, Jennie's lawyer, said to the person over the phone before ending the call and faced the actress who looked weary since that morning.

 

The sternness on the lawyer's face upon she brought down her phone made Jennie more anxious and curious about what they talked about. She was only able to hear what her attorney says and it wasn't enough to catch up with the on-going conversation with the other party.

 

"How did it go? What did they say? Are they really going to press charges against me?" Jennie asked, fear evident in her eyes. She was already fidgeting her fingers and 's drying up because of tension.

 

She received the news that someone had filed a case for the damages done on Jongin's image. Although she suspects it was just his fan, she had called her own lawyer to discuss with Jongin's agency about it.

 

"We agreed to issue a break up statement of you and Jongin. And there won't be any cases filed against you. The only problem left is. . ."

 

Jennie sighed, knowing what her lawyer was pointing out.

 

"We can still deny the rumor. The pictures, well, we can say that it turned out like that because of the camera angle. I will be the one to discuss with your agency about the possible measures we can take in order to control the issue," her attorney said.

 

"How about the owner of the photos? Is there anything we can do to—"

 

"Actually, the ROK Armed Forces are the one handling that case. Their office had already issued a statement regarding this and they are currently making their own investigation. It's fair to say that whoever is behind all these rumors had made a wrong move," Attorney Park smiled, assuring Jennie that everything will be fine.

 

Jennie nodded and gave a half smile. She still couldn't be complacent. There's a high chance that her agency would make her go on hiatus. She has no problem about that. Whether she goes on a break or not, anything is fine with her. The only thing that's ringing on her head was Lisa.

 

She knows it wouldn't be easy for the woman. If the ROKAF Council is already involved, then that means Lisa is also in a difficult situation now. Her girlfriend's situation is far worse than having to deal with reporters and insiders.

 

The news about her break up with Jongin was released immediately. Written in the reports were that they ended their relationship three days after coming out to public. Most of their fans were disappointed, as expected.

 

Jennie received a message from her manager, saying that they decided to clear her schedule for the next two months. If the rumors haven't died down then, they might extend it for another two months. It was a lot shorter than Jennie thought.

 

Since she knows Lisa won't be coming home for the next three months, she decided to stay with her parents for the meantime. It has been a while since she last spent time with them and every time, she eventually needs to go back to Jisoo's apartment for work.

 

This is the only time in two years that she can stay for a bit longer than a day. And also the first time in almost five years that her parents didn't looked at her as if she was the most broken and single person they know.

 

"You didn't tell us you two are back together. If we haven't heard from the news, then we wouldn't know," her mother commented beside her while she helps her in the kitchen.

 

Jennie shrugged it off. "I was going to but the media got a little excited than me," her words etched with sarcasm.

 

Her mom laughed. "How is Lisa, by the way?"

 

At the mention of her name, Jennie didn't know whether to smile or frown.

 

"If you're asking if she changed, then yes. It's a good change, actually. But if you mean how is Lisa after the news broke, I have no idea either. We haven't talked yet since that day at the camp," Jennie explained, frowning at the thought of Lisa being emotionally distant to her.

 

The longing and worry in Jennie's eyes didn't go unnoticed by her mom. "It's okay. I'm sure she's fine. If she failed to call you, then maybe she's just busy. You know her, she wouldn't waste a chance to talk to you. It's Lisa we're talking about," mama Kim comforted her daughter which made her smile eventually.

 

"Thanks mom," Jennie smiled.

 

Just as they were having a mother and daughter moment, mister Kim entered the kitchen and saw the two women of his life having a moment. But what caught his attention was his daughter's long face.

 

He actually overheard them talking so he knew exactly why Jennie was looking like that.

 

"But I can't help but worry about her. If I was told to take a break from the spotlight, then what about Lisa? I'm afraid she'll be suspended from service but since she hasn't showed up here yet then I assume she's still in the camp. . . maybe her superiors are already making her do all the difficult stuffs because of the scandal," Jennie was in the verge of tears when she met her father's eyes.

 

Mister Kim made his way to his emotional daughter. He held her hand before meeting her gaze once again and smiled. "The way I met Lisa, I know that even she's having a hard time now, she would still end up smiling like the positive person she is. I know for sure that she's doing fine," he assured. Jennie wiped her tears that escaped from her eyes and tried to smile at her father's comforting words.

 

Seeing Jennie slowly becoming at ease, he then spoke again trying to relieve the tension. "I've been in the army so I know it's either she's cleaning dirty toilets and bathrooms or was transferred to a different camp," he chuckled and so did his wife but Jennie frowned not finding it funny.

 

Transferred. . .

 

It echoed on her mind.

 

"Do you think she's transferred to another camp?" Jennie asked her father curiously.

 

"Could be. That's how it usually has been over the years. They transfer the soldiers who committed some bad records and sends them to a more strict camp for training and rehabilitation."

 

Jennie heaved, not knowing what to feel about that. Would she be relieved or what? Was it a good thing or a bad thing? She can't conclude.

 

~*~

 

Leaning against her car, arms crossed on her chest, Jisoo stared at her feet as she patiently wait for Soojoo to come out. She was in front of the broadcast station the latter was working at.

 

"You're here early," Soojoo said making Jisoo flinch in surprise.

 

Jisoo sighed. "You scared me!"

 

Soojoo chuckled but turned serious in a blink of an eye. "About the favor you asked m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter