09| Surprise

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I just want to say Happy birthday chipmunk, Park Chaeyoung! 🎉💟 #0211

 

This is a flashback to seven years ago.

 

***

 

“don't go...”

 

 

~❇~

 

 

"Are you sure about this?" her mother asked her for the nth time since Lisa told them she will be joining the army, whether they like it or not.

 

The blond woman sighed, turning to her mother who could only look at her hopelessly while she packs her things. She will be leaving in twenty-four hours and everyone seem to be very nosy about her departure.

 

Of course, who wouldn't? All her friends know her as someone who cannot be tamed, basically a woman who cannot be tamed that when she told everyone about her plan of joining the army, they laughed at her but when they realized Lisa was serious, their smiles faded and were replaced with worry.

 

"I've never been so sure, mom. I was just waiting for the right time. And it finally came. Finally, I could be someone who you can be proud of," Lisa beamed, reaching for her mother's hands and cupping them in hers.

 

"But I am proud of you, even if you don't become a soldier, I am proud of you. You don't need to leave-"

 

"Mom," Lisa called. She felt she needed to stop her mother from saying another word because no matter how they try to convince her, she would still leave. There was no turning back for her.

 

"I will be fine," she assured with a smile. "You're worrying too much for nothing. Trust me, I'll come home every time, safe and sound, with no scratch. I promise."

 

She saw how her mother's shoulder dropped and her lips pressed together into thin line, tears forming on the brims of her eyes.

 

Knowing that no words could comfort her mother at that moment, she pulled her to her embrace, patting her shoulders lightly to ease her worry away.

 

"Hey," Lisa spoke gently beside her girlfriend, who hasn't been talking for a while now and seems to be avoiding any conversation with her. She was never good with words and so she finds it difficult to approach the latter especially when she's sulking like that. 

 

From behind, she wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's waist and rested her chin on the latter's shoulder. "You're mad at me."

 

It was a statement. She knew she was against it. All of them were against it. But there's no stopping her.

 

She kissed her cheek and whispered until her ear, "I love you." And buried her face on the other's crook.

 

Jennie sighed and Lisa felt her shoulder's dropped. The latter lifted her gaze to see her other half and before she could say anything, Jennie cut through.

 

"Why do I feel like it's the last time that I'll be hearing those words from you?" Jennie uttered.

 

Lisa hugged her tightly from the back, taking Jennie's hands into hers and planted yet another kiss in the latter's cheek. "Hmm, maybe? Or maybe you'll be very busy to even comprehend my I love you's for tonight."

 

Jennie gasped when Lisa started nibbling on her nape. She elbowed the latter and wanted to retort back but hearing Lisa's husky chuckle against her skin made her forget what they were talking about earlier.

 

Eyes closed, she let herself melt in L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter