06| Regret

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains inappropriate words/phrases that is not suitable for young and sensitive readers.

 

***

 

“of all people, you?”

 

~❇~

 

"You have denied the rumors back then. Are you still going to deny this time too?" a reporter asked.

 

After some thorough talk with her company, they held a press conference to clear the issue. Everything was unexpected and in rush. They had to make actions before everything gets out of hand.

 

"There's nothing to deny. But there's also nothing to confirm. We are not dating. It is true that he and I were at the coffeeshop and drove me to my home in Gangnam but that didn't mean anything special to the both of us, especially to me—"

 

"But you two are always seen together. Isn't it a bit odd for two friends, especially of the opposite , to always hang-out together?" another reporter asked even before she could finish her statement.

 

Jennie bit the tip of her tongue to stop herself from saying anything that could ruin everyone's reputation. She's getting mad and frustrated at the same time, she just wanted to get out of the place as soon as possible.

 

"We do not hang-out that often. People just tend to exaggerate with their descriptions that it could appear that they know everything when truth is, they don't."

 

"Are you saying that people lie about your relationship with him?"

 

"I have made myself clear from the start of these rumors. I am not in a relationship with him, then until now. If these rumors would keep on spreading, we won't hesitate to take desperate measures against it. That would be all. Good day."

 

The security team went to cover Jennie as she made her way down the stage and out of that place. Jeongyeon went to assist her.

 

Some reporters went after them still raising some questions but Jennie didn't dare to even glance at anyone of them. She just wanted to leave that place and rest for the day.

 

"Good job back there," Jeongyeon commended upon reaching their van. 

 

"Let's get out of here," Jennie said weakly and looked out the window.

 

While all of these people are thinking about Jongin and her, her mind is preoccupied with the thought of that woman.

 

Where could she be?

 

Did she heard about it? She hoped not.

 

Although she had made herself clear with her statement, the issue still went on the next day. Due to this, some of her schedules were postponed and some were cancelled.

 

She stayed home the whole day, changing from her phone and the television. Her fans were all over her SNS and her friends were still talking about it too on their group chat and most of them even messaged her privately but she didn't dare say anything about it after yesterday.

 

She didn't want to look at her phone but whenever she receives a notification, she would check it immediately hoping it was from that person and end up disappointed of her own expectations.

 

"One goodbye is enough?" she heard Lisa say beside her. She stiffened when she felt the woman's breath on her right cheek.

 

Her eyes remained on the television in front of them, like she didn't hear anything. On her peripheral, she sees Lisa still staring at her, it made her conscious but tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter