15| 3000

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“nothing can come between you and I”

 

 

~*~

 

 

“AU Entertainment and SME confirmed that Kim Jongin and Jennie are dating. In a short statement issued by the actress' agency, the company stated: 

         They have shared good feelings towards each other.”

 

 

"This is so lame," Jisoo remarked after reading the article online.

 

 

"I know," Jennie seconded, shaking her head in dismay and annoyance towards those articles.

 

 

The one Jisoo read was actually the tenth article that was published on that day, just a few hours after her company released a statement. Judging how the media reacted on the news, she kind of feels guilty that she's actually happy that she denied dating Lisa for her career.

 

 

"Does Lisa know about this? Did you talk to her before the news was released? If not, then I think you should call her now. You can't just let her be hurt because of this stupid articles," her cousin advised.

 

 

Jennie sighed. "She already knows about it. In fact, she says it's fine if I need to do it. She understood it right away."

 

 

"Really?" Jisoo said with so much disbelief. The Lisa she knows would never agree to this kind of bull. But then, she did notice that the woman had somehow changed when she met her again several months ago.

 

 

"I guess she's changed for the better. She is now more mature to this kind of stuff unlike when we were in high school. She was always jealous of the boys but now..." Jisoo said, feeling a bit proud for Lisa.

 

 

It made Jennie smile too, recalling the past. "Yeah. I think life in the army really changed her a lot."

 

 

"But is it really okay? I mean, for sure you have to go out publicly with Jongin now since everyone knows you're dating him. And how long will this fake relationship last? You can't play this game forever," Jisoo said.

 

 

Jennie sighed and shook her head. Honestly, she doesn't know how long will they keep this up. But she does want it to end quickly. She doesn't want to go out with everyone assuming she's very lucky to have Jongin or the other way around.

 

 

Knowing that it will turn out that way, she don't plan to leave her apartment until their break-up news comes up. She would just stay home and wait for Lisa's call and messages. And also video call with her parents.

 

 

"I'll talk with them about it. But right now, I just want to rest. I've been stressing about this since early this morning and I hate that I had to deal with it this way. I feel so tired," Jennie lazily whined as she plopped herself on her bed.

 

 

Jisoo could only sigh as she watched her cousin doze off to sleep. She left the room quietly knowing that Jennie really needs that rest. However, she cannot stay calm with all the ruckus happening to Jennie so she was forced to use her connections to the media in order to find out how did thing turned out this way.

 

 

She has a very close friend who works as a reporter and insider in a big broadcasting company and she is lucky enough to meet her that afternoon.

 

 

"Actually, we received an article about it and the sender wanted us to release it immediately but because it was from an unknown source, we didn't. We cannot release news that has no credibility," her friend explained when she asked her about Jennie's controversies.

 

 

"But, you can trace it, right? The sender?"

 

 

"We could. But, we won't. It's not really important now that the agencies have already confirmed the issue. Why? Is there a problem with Jennie?"

 

 

Jisoo smiled but it was obviously forced. "Do you think this could be a mediaplay?"

 

 

"What do you mean? Like, someone is using Jennie?"

 

 

"You see, Jennie indeed went on vacation," Jisoo said.

 

 

Her friend nodded. "Yeah, the articles said it. She was with Jongin, right?"

 

 

"No. Actually, she was with her girlfriend," Jisoo disclosed that made her friend choke in her drink. "She was with Lisa then, Soojoo."

 

 

"Lisa?!" Soojoo repeated with wide eyes.

 

 

Soojoo is Jisoo's friend from college. She met Lisa once before the latter entered the army years ago. She met Jennie back then but never thought that she would be dating someone who is... nevermind. She also almost dated a girl before.

 

 

"You mean, the two of them are really dating? How come?"

 

 

"They've been together since high school. Didn't you know? I introduced them to you right? When you visited my home," Jisoo recalled.

 

 

"Well yeah, I know them but I never knew they were dating, Jisoo," Soojoo retaliated as if she has been living a lie her whole life.

 

 

"Well now you know. Can you help me?"

 

 

"Help you with what?"

 

 

"To know whoever set Jennie up. I know she's got the issue under control but I don't think I can sleep tonight thinking that my friends are silently hurting," Jisoo uttered, with a heavy heart. "So, can you help an ex-lover out?"

 

 

~*~

 

 

At the camp, Lisa was slowly losing control of her conscious self. The sun was out and everyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter