14| Complicated

Remember That Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“play it safe”

 

 

~*~

 

 

Lisa was walking down the locker room after she was done leading the basic training of the new recruits. There were other soldiers too inside the locker room. She greeted those who greeted her and smiled to those who were just watching her.

 

 

She walked past two female soldiers and went to her locker. She opened it and took out her phone to see if there were messages from Jennie and was saddened to see nothing. Not even a single dot or a blank message.

 

 

"Hey, did you know Jennie Kim is rumored to be dating," one of the females, who were standing just a few lockers away from Lisa, said to her friend.

 

 

Lisa heard it clearly and it caught her full attention. Many things run through her mind, particularly Jennie's past dating rumors about her and Jongin. The soldier almost rolled her eyes thinking that it's happening again but the next thing she heard from the two made her froze.

 

 

"And guess what? They said she's dating a woman."

 

 

"What?!" the other woman exclaimed.

 

 

Lisa's brows furrowed as she listened carefully to her fellow soldiers, and although they tried to keep their voices down, she still understood every word they said.

 

 

"Are you sure? Maybe that's fake news. You know, the media are only trying to get the truth out about her and Jongin's relationship. It's kind of a strategic play to make her speak out after she denied all the rumors with him."

 

 

"I don't think so. Someone caught Jennie and her girlfriend actually. The photos are spreading online like wildfire. You should see it for yourself. Although they only showed Jennie's face, I can still say they look like a happy couple in those pictures, more like happily married couple."

 

 

"That's impossible. As far as I know, Jennie is straight."

 

 

"Don't talk like you personally know her. You know me, I know my kind. I just know that Jennie is in love with a woman. If you see the photos, I know you'll agree with me."

 

 

Lisa's mind was a mess after hearing those. She was holding her phone tightly as she listened and all she could think of is Jennie and the trouble she had caused the lover. Quickly, she took her phone out and closed her locker.

 

 

She needs to talk to Jennie and find out how her girlfriend is doing amidst this scandal. She was about to walk out when one of the girls stopped her. Her heart boomed in nervousness because of the girl's action. From what she heard, only Jennie's face was shown. But somehow, she couldn't stay calm knowing that there is a possibility that they know about her.

 

 

"Say, Lisa, are you coming tonight?" the woman asked which made her confused but nonetheless, a little relieved.

 

 

"Tonight? W-what's happening tonight?" She asked back, not having any clue about what the woman was talking about.

 

 

The woman's face scrunched up at Lisa's question. "So, you're not coming again." She concluded right away and Lisa did not even bother to ask any more questions. She wanted to go out quickly.

 

 

"I'm sorry but I have to go," she dismissed and almost ran towards the exit.

 

 

When she was out of the facility, she fished her phone out from her pocket and immediately dialed Jennie's number. Two rings, three... four... but the latter wasn't answering. She tried again. But still no answer. And again for the next three minutes which felt like an hour had passed but Jennie is still not answering.

 

 

Lisa began to worry. She was pacing back and forth, while she taps her free fingers on her side waiting for Jennie to pick but to no avail.

 

 

"Lisa!" She heard Seulgi called and saw the latter running towards her.

 

 

She brought her phone down and saluted to her superior. "Captain Kang!"

 

 

"Are you busy?" the captain inquired. Lisa thought that maybe there is something she wanted her to do and she knew could not say no to their captain.

 

 

"No, Captain." She uttered with evident dismay and Seulgi noticed it.

 

 

"Is something wrong?" Seulgi asked. Not wanting to disappoint her captain, Lisa quickly shook her head and assured her nothing is wrong.

 

 

"I'm fine, Captain. Do you have something for me to do?" Lisa diverted the topic. Although she was worried and still thinking about Jennie, she also could not set aside her duties and responsibilities as a soldier. She needs to be professional.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter