Brothers' talk

Only ones left

 

”Be careful, guys!” Chansung said when he pushed the boat away from beach and threw the rope to the boat. Minjun catch it and sat next to Taecyeon to help with rowing.

“Off you go back to your nap!” Minjun shouted for Chansung.

”I won’t, I’ll see those nightmares again! I’ll go to swim!” Chansung laughed and waved for bye with his goofy, but happy smile.

 

 

The ocean was like shining liquid gold in beautiful sun light. The Sun still shone high, but boys knew it’ll be almost dark when they will return back home.

“Look, it’s Khun and Junho!” Taecyeon pointed up to the rock at the forest coast. Nichkhun and Junho stood there and waved smiling.

“What do they do there?” Minjun asked.

“Collecting flowers to kitchen vase” Taecyeon said first with straight face, then bursted in laugh: “Joking! Junho told they’ll go to get more soil to the green house. Or something like that.”

 

 

Brothers row forward. They were on the way to coil their six sheeps. They’ve catch them over time and treated them as pets. They had no pasturing land at home, so sheeps were taken on little island after found by searching such. Many islands around them were verdant and also good source for food. Pasture island for sheeps was behind the small cape at kinda mid-distance from home. When they arrived Minjun took the rope, jumped to land and tie the boat to thick tree. Taecyeon took their equipments and came after Minjun.

The island was verdant. Culms were high.  

”It’s so wonderful here!” Minjun said full of happiness, ”Look at all these colors, they really shine! Nature must be really happy!”

“We may could come here to have some rampage with sickles, these culms are really tall, soon we’ll struggle when coming here”, Taec said and suddenly stumbled, but managed not to fall down. “See?” he asked.

Ne, let the nature be just like it is. Nature gives, but it also takes. So let’s keep with good relationship with it”,  Minjun said.

“Okay grandpa, come on!”  Taec said laughing.

 

 

When brothers were ready, they sat down under huge tree on pasture & chatted with sheeps and each other.

“Do you remember their names?” Taecyeon asked while scratching one.

“No, even though I named one...Junho made up many good names” Minjun said, was quiet for a while, then continued: “Speaking of whom, how is he doing by closer opinion?”

“I think he’s pretty fine already. That latest attack was more major than usually. And Wooyoung made it even worse”, Taecyeon replied. He took one cig from his pocket. ”Now you must handle this one”, he said.

Minjun smiled. “Go ahead”, huyng said.

They were quiet for a while. They just let their eyes to rest by watching sheeps, beauty of nature and the ocean at the horizon. Seagulls screamed when they flew by.

“Wooyoung has been more quiet than usual”, Minjun said suddenly.

 Taecyeon nodded. ”I think I overreacted” he confessed, ”Sorry about that. I’m so sorry it went like that.”

”Well, I think we all could’ve been pissed off at the same way you did. We were tired also. And Wooyoung is kinda stubborn.”

”And high temper-one” Taecyeon added while extinguishing the cig ending. He put that to his pocket. “Just like you.”

“And you.”

“Yeah.”

”Well, we have experienced many things. And all of our acts affect everyone or everybody. For example, Chansung has those nightmares from the past.”

“Do you know how often he has those?”

”No, I know nothing more than you” Minjun said, “But most of all, I feel pity about Junho. He always tries to be so kind and good, he has been trying like that always, I mean always. And this world where we now live in doesn’t respect that.”

“Even it should” Taec sighed, “I’m not proud about myself either. Fighting and shouting are my ways to coping...And I’m too dominative.”

“Well, sometimes we argue too, but I guess some kinda pecking is natural. I’m the oldest and you’re the one with strongest will. These are the cards, bro” Minjun said and both bursted laughing.

“But think about Junho. If I wouldn’t have crush on him, I’d may be even worse than Woo”, Taec said. Minjun was quiet for a moment and looked his beast-donsaeng from the head to the toes and back.

 “For me it’s difficult to believe that” he said in the end, “You’re so big brother -like. Woo isn’t.”

“Woo wasn’t so passive-aggressive before, wasn’t he?”

“He has always been high-temper one. And gone with his own flow. He had the solo career before we did. And he had really strong imago” Minjun analyzed, ”Allthough all of us had strong imago in the end.”

Silence took its place.

 

 

“Did you notice” Taecyeon started then, “Again we have forgotten Khun. He is like a kitchen curtain.”

“He’s so quiet. And kind, like Junho, but he doesn’t show his struggles for outside world. He barely never cried when he was with us, even we cried if we had something to cry of.”

“What if we haven’t noticed something?”

Taecyeon dropped his head to his hands: “It feels horrible to even think that”, he said and lift his head back up after a moment. “How could we start talking with him about that...Without sounding strange...” he thought out loud.

 ”I think it’s the best to ask it in natural situation. I don’t think there’s a better way”, Minjun said.

Taecyeon sighed. “Taking care of family is stressfull as hell...” he said and dug a cig from his pocket as a comforting act.

Minjun bursted laughing: “Glad any of us didn’t have kids!” he said and Taecyeon laughed too.

“Hey!” Taecyeon suddenly exclaimed. He pointed to horizon.

Minjun sighed. ”Okay, that’s it. Let’s go.”

Taecyeon hurry with his cig and ended the act by the same way as the previous one. First cig got company from this new cig. Taecyeon glanced to horizon once more. It had started to wind little bit. Dark clouds were still far, but the way back home wasn’t so short either. 

“We need to go back before Mr. Thunder is here!” Taecyeon sanoi.

Brothers ran to the beach, untie the rope, jumped to the boat and row out to the ocean and headed home racing with the thunder clouds.