Eat, work, sleep - repeat

Only ones left

Photo: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2d/Wanju_county_%28autumn_rice_field_ready_for_harvesting_near_Gui_Lake%29..JPG/1200px-Wanju_county_%28autumn_rice_field_ready_for_harvesting_near_Gui_Lake%29..JPG

 

”Are you serious?!”

”I am! Window is right here, mister!” Taecyeon pointed the window next to them.

“What are you guys arguing about again?” Wooyoung came to kitchen and headed to stove.

“I was on my morning-smoke and the rain last night wasn’t clean, it was black.” Taec told.

“Not again!” Wooyoung exlaimed and hit his omelette to plate grumpy expression in his face, “Are you guys decided today’s positions? Today's gonna be hot day, I'm sweating already!”

“Not yet. Khun and Chan are still sleeping and Junho is at storage to collect all tools needed in fields” Taec replied, “I was just telling to Minjun but he won’t believe me.”

“Now I do believe you!” Minjun said staring out of window.

“What should we believe?” Chansung asked from the doorway eyes only half-open.

“It has rained and it was that freaking black rain so now whole yard is full of that damn black ink!” upset Wooyoung exclaimed from breakfast table. Chansung didn’t say anything. He just went to stove and stocked breakfast to his plate.

 

“Aigoo!” Junho growled and slammed his rag to the water bucket, “Why does this black rain even exist? I don’t get it, I really don’t!”

“I don’t care anymore” Taec said above him, standing at the wooden ladder, “We have done this repair so many times that hunting reasons doesn’t solve anything”, he sighed.

“This world is so strange”, Junho said.

“Yeah” Taec sighed again, “Give me soap.”

 

“Do we have to rinse these?!” Wooyoung asked at the side of their fields. He was angry and frustrated. Fields were loose mud because of the black rain.

“Should we try to scythe and then rinse?” Minjun suggested.

“That doesn’t work” Chansung said, “It’s almost impossible to even tie those together.”

“Well, let’s go to empty the sea!” Wooyoung said ironically. And so three brothers headed back home.

 

“Why are you guys here already?” Nichkhun asked from another wooden ladders at the backside of the house when three brothers arrived to the home yard.

“Fields must be rinsed before we can even start there”, Chansung replied.

“I wonder if we’ll make it with tiding...” Minjun thought out loud.

”We’ll try that. Come on!” Chansung said. Band of three brothers went to get more buckets from storage and headed to beach. Nichkhun looked them going, and Taecyeon came with fresh clean water, just in time.

”We need to purify more water soon”, muscular dongsaeng said.

”Do we need to do it today too?” his huyng asked, and Taecyeon understood too well what he meant by that.

“Well, I think we can manage tomorrow, at least. It depends on how much we use water for this. Or whatever we decide to do at the end”, Taecyeon said. Two huyngs looked each other with tired smile and got back to work.

 

After twenty buckets of sea water field started to look like ready to scythe. Chansung and Wooyoung started with it, Minjun searched good stooks and hit them standing to the ground at the area. He also raked and tied sheaves when crop was scythed. “You guys need to drink something regularly”, he said to Wooyoung when he passed him.

“You too”, Wooyoung replied.  

They were found these two sickles, for example. All rural works must be done manually. When scything crop Wooyoung noticed Chansung sitting down loosely at the opposite corner of fields. He thought he should also go to take a rest, when he reached that point.  

 

“Gosh”, Wooyoung groaned and collapsed to the ground next to maknae. Maknae handed a water flagon, and Wooyoung drank gluttonously.

“Whew, this is hard work...and especially with only three of us”, Chansung whined exhausted. Usually all six brothers were doing this work together.

“This is like a working camp”, Wooyoung sizzled. There were always lot of work, because boys hadn’t ever noticed any cyclic changing in weather conditions, so they were decided to keep fields going nonstop as much as they ever were able to. At this kind of extremely hot day, and only with partial working power, this made beasts regret the decision.  

“We all six have earned a long swimming moment at the evening” Chansung said and his left side, “This heat makes me melting...Why on earth weather must be either raining at the full power or this killing heat, never anything else...aigoo...”

“Whew!” Minjun said above them and collapsed down. Wooyoung handed him loaf and Minjun drank due to switch to the last one of three loaves. “When this one ends, we go back to eat and rest” Minjun decided raising the loaf, “Who is in the kitchen by the way?” he asked. Usually he was the one cooking.

“Oh how I miss lovely food and ice cold water...Aigoo...”, Chansung whined nearly fainting.

“They sure will take care of it”, Wooyoung sizzled and laid down again.

 

“I think we are done for today” Khun said couple hours later, when everyone were resting for one additional moment by sitting on the veranda, “We have done enough.”

Nobody didn’t answer, so this was silently decided.

“Should we sleep well today, and tomorrow purify the household water before we may start painting the house?” Chansung suggested. He had had his energy back after little sneak swim at the ocean. Nobody answers.

“Crop is on the stooks, house is enough clean outside. Let’s go to swim. A long-term swim”, Taecyeon decided.

Boys spent rest of evening playing at the ocean.