Fishing at the sea in the marble moonlight

Only ones left

 

Hello guys! Sorry for long break, I've been busy...

 

”Okay”, Junho said slamming the door firmly closed.

Taekhun had helped Wooyoung to sofa to lie down. At the moment of relief and happiness his legs had given in - no wonder, because when Chantaec had helped him inside Wooyoung told that he was practically continuously on the move. Khunho had taken care of Minjun who asked them to give him wheelbarrow ride to the porch. Other stuff had taken in with Minjun as well. Clouds had covered the baby blue sky. Now Junho stayed to stand in the doorway, because downstairs closet was crowded by his brothers sitting here and there.

 

”Would you like to have something to eat?” Chansung was asking from Wooyoung.

“Water, please” Wooyoung said immedially, “You can make up something else to side if you want”, he asked politely.

Chansung went to get food and water from kitchen. Minjun was now organized to treat Wooyoung’s legs.

“I’ll try to be cautious with these”, he promised opening Wooyoung’s shoelaces.

“You don’t need to be polite” Nichkhun said smiling, “You are still our brother, not some random hobo.”

Chansung returned with cookies and water jug. He moved sofa table closer with Taecyeon. Chansung noticed that Taecyeon had gone quiet right at that moment when they had met Wooyoung on the tree line. Of course it was understandable because situation was the kind it was.

Minjun had got Wooyoung’s shoes off. Socks were incredibly dirty and in horrible condition. Minjun prepared himself mentally to face the fact that Wooyoung’s legs and feet might be infected and/or there would be worms or something else gross inside the wounds. He glimpsed Wooyoung quickly.

“Wooyoung, what’s the matter?”

Wooyoung’s eyes were in tears, and couple tears ran down towards his chin. Everything stopped.

“I-I thought that y-you would never w-want me to come b-back a-anymore”, Wooyoung said quietly with thin voice. When Nichkhun had said the word “hobo” he had unwittingly hit sensitive spot in his brother’s mind. You see, Wooyoung had thought many times that he’d be just a lonely hobo wandering around until death would face him on some lucky day.

Taecyeon felt terrible. He had to sit back-left.

“We have never thought like that”, Nichkhun said going to hug Wooyoung. He stayed there for a long time. He had said the thing others had thought as well.

“We have been really worried about you” Minjun told, “We have been searching you every single day. Doing something else at the daytime or outside felt wrong until we had been searching you enough for that day.”

Wooyoung seemed to be fighting with himself, willing to say something, but couldn’t do it. Others didn’t show they had noticed it.

After some moment Wooyoung said hollow: “I - I saw y-you guys c-couple t-times but I had t-to r-run a-away... I scared you guys! Ah - ” Wooyoung broke to uncontrollable tears. Once again, Nichkhun hugged him as Chansung backhugged Wooyoung as well. Others had to hold their tears too. Minjun glimpsed behind him. Taecyeon had bent down head between knees. Long fingers divided his hair.

Why Junho isn’t there supporting him? Junho -

 

Minjun didn’t have to do else than turn back and raise his gaze. Junho leaned to doorjamb knees loose. His gaze was empty.

”Junho, are you okay?”

Everybody, also Taecyeon, turned their heads towards the doorway, where they knew Junho had stood. Taecyeon straightened up immediately.   

”My god, Junho!” he exclaimed scooting quickly to support Junho like brother would collapse to the floor on any minute.

Nichkhun let go from Wooyoung rushing to support Junho from the other side. Wooyoung sat up at the sofa. Minjun raised himself upwards with his hands to see better what was happening.

“Junho!” Taecyeon shook Junho from shoulders. Nichkhun noticed that his eyes were widened from scare, and he certainly looked excatly same himself.

Chansung had squatted in front of Junho. “Junho, you have nothing to be afraid of. Everything is just fine.” Maknae waited for a moment, but he got no reaction. Everybody understood that this was something else than usually. Junho didn't react at all, and his gaze was too empty. Chansung stood up.

 ”It looks like epilepsy for me”, he said.

“Has Junho ever supposedly had epilepsy?” Wooyoung asked.

“It can’t be” Nichkhun said right away, “We’d had noticed it for million times and he'd have had official diagnosis with proper medication.”

Everyone stood still clueless, not knowing what to do. Junho just stared with an empty gaze.

“Let me come there!” Minjun insisted, “We have to get Junho consiscous again!”

“And what so special would you do then?” Taecyeon blurted turning his back to huyng.

“Well I don’t know yet! Just help me now!”

However, nobody reacted. Wooyoung glimpsed Minjun quickly. He sensed clearly how  annoyed and impatient his huyng was. Still, Wooyoung decided to keep quiet.

”What the hell do we do now?” Taecyeon asked nervous.

“Has Junho hurted himself lately?” Chansung asked.

“Well at least he hasn’t hit his head” Minjun commented from the behind slightly sharp tone, “as far as I know.”

Minjun got Taecyeon to remember. He remembered something, but didn’t know what. Maybe that’s why he got over the feeling so easily. Chansung checked Junho’s head carefully, but there was no signs of any injuries. Maknae pinched his arm. It got Junho to startle.

“He reacts for the pain”, Nichkhun said. That was very good sign.

“Try if he would follow your finger!” Minjun raised his voice.

Chansung tried, but Junho’s eyes didn’t follow his index finger.

Again boys stood still clueless.

 

“Ok, that’s enough.”

“What are you going to do?”

“We can’t just stand here like this and hope he’s going to wake” Chansung said grumpy, “So I’m going to get that damn first aid bag.”

Just when Chansunghad gone, Junho startled and his eyes started to react again. Whole room sighed deeply. Someone shouted Chansung back. Taecyeon grabbed Junho to his big teddy bear hug. When he let go, Junho was still clearly very confused. He blinked his eyes repeatedly like he would have been able to see for the first time in his life.

“What was that?” Taecyeon asked.

“I - I don’t really know...”, was all what confused Junho was able to answer.

 

At early evening it started to rain. Wooyoung had fell asleep while others did their own things around the house. Nichkhun sat at the kitchen floor doing dishes with a low, worn-out red plastic bowl. Somehow he liked that bowl, even someone may would had thought it was just old rubbish. It had many uses: doing dishes, rinse feet after swimming at sea, collecting salad or berries, even to throw up to... Nichkhun sighed when he looked Taecyeon, who sat absent at the small round kitchen table staring the rain outside. Nichkhun knew without asking what he was thinking about. He decided to say nothing and just concentrate on dishes.

 

After moonrise Nichkhun pushed row boat away from the land hopping on agilely. Wooyoung started rowing out from shore. There was deep blue everywhere. Full moon made beautiful moon bridge to the water surface.

 

“Do you want to go far?” Wooyoung asked.

“We don’t necessarily need to, unless you don’t want, of course.”

“No, I’m too tired for that today.”

Ne, so let’s just row around and stop somewhere to fish”, Khun said smiling. He felt happy that especially Wooyoung had wanted to come along to fish with him. Khun, like other four bros as well, had missed Wooyoung for real, every day and night. Nichkhun occured to row to let Wooyoung have some rest after that all he had been gone trough.

 

That night was cozy. Stars were shining along with bright Moon. Under them two brothers were fishing chatting and sitting quiet in turns.

“It’s lovely that you’re at home again, Woo”, Nichkhun said after one quiet break. He gave Wooyoung clumsy hug, trying not to fall down either himself or the boat. Wooyoung gave him a shy smile.

“I haven’t yet completely used to be a family member again”, Wooyoung confessed.

“It comes with small steps” Khun said suddenly glimpsing his rod, “It now comes the another fish”, he said. After short moment medium-sized unrecognizable fish wiggled at the boat bottom.

Wooyoung counted fishes by pointing finger and silent mumble.

“Five”, he announced.

“Should we try to get couple more?” Nichkhun suggested.

Ne.”

 

At the end they were satisfied about the fish amount. Khun looked around.

“It seems to be midnight shortly” he said, “Let’s go home to sleep. You need it, a lot.”

Wooyoung pulled the anchor up allowing Khun to row. They had only short way to home.

 

Yah!” Nichkhun suddenly yelped getting Woo to startle, ”Did you see that?”

“What, where?” Wooyoung asked peering around hastily.

“There, at the forest” Nichkhun said pointing to the shore, “Not far from coastline.”

Wooyoung tried to look to black creepy forest as carefully as he could. Naturally moonlight didn’t made it to the forest so easy than here.

“I see nothing.”

”It is something there. I swear!”  

Wooyoung tried his all to see. Then, in one quick glimpse, he realized what his brother meant. There was nacre creature going on at the forest.

“Haven’t you see them before?” he asked.

“Not me, but Taec and Chan are” Khun replied going to continue, but Wooyoung interrupted:

“Whew! I thought I’m having hallucinations because of hunger or tiredness. Or both.”

“Don’t get scared now, but” Khun continued, “Jay is here too. As a ghost.”

“Jay?” Wooyoung repeated confused.

”Taecyeon was really shocked. He was the one who saw Jay.”

“So what happened back then?”

“Taecyeon and Chansung wanted to go to search you even it was late already. They were decided to separate and Chansung had found a church because its bells were ringing. He - “

“I heard that too” Wooyoung interrupted again, “But I was too afraid to show up. That noise was really loud.”

Wooyoung swallowed. “Go on”, he said like nothing would’ve happened.

”Chansung told us that there had been crowd of ghosts in church. Chansung said it looked like they had some kind of church service going on. And top of all that, one of those ghosts was his father.”

“Oh damn!” Wooyoung exclaimed, “Isn’t it excatly his dad that he has seen those nightmares about?”

Khun nodded. ”Chansung went panic and ran away, but then all the sudden he had bumped into Taecyeon, who had been really disordered because he had seen Jay. And that was the thing we had to work on at that night. Luckily both calmed down at the end, alltough we needed to narcotize Taec with sedative.”

“Taec?” Wooyoung frowned, ”Taec, from all of us?”

“Indeed” Khun replied, ”He has gone really bad after you vanished.”

“Tell me more”, Wooyoung said. They had stopped completely. Wooyoung threw anchor to the water. ”Tell me everything”, he told.

 

”Well, firstly he has started to smoke more and cry really easily” Khun started, ”You know he has never been that sensitive.”

“Even he has always tried to cover it with beastly manner, but when that collapses, his sensitiveness reveals”, Wooyoung completed.

“He has become really unstable and depressed. We have had couple moments that we really had to work hard to get him calmed down. He got even me angry just before you returned.”

“Now I remember my old dark times” Wooyoung said somber, “Depression is terrible disease. Nobody deserves to have it.”

”Yeah” Khun said and got closer to pat Wooyoung’s shoulder before he continued, ”Here it gets even worse since we have no medications and - well, we have nothing! Of course we have each other, and that’s the most important thing, but you understand what I mean. Well, after he had dragged you out and returned inside alone, he closed himself in to the previous room of Junho and me. I don’t know what he thought in there, but during that time we realized what had happened out there - “

“How long time did it take before you noticed my absence?”

“It couldn’t be long after that had happened. Taecyeon wasn’t himself on that day at all. He slammed doors and behaved very threathening way. At the end I bumped into him at stairs and saw that he went out. Soon after that Junho filled up and went after Taecyeon. He told later that he had forced Taecyeon to talk - “

”How’s Junho doing?” Wooyoung asked. He naturally had thought lot about the incident that had happened yesterday.

“He isn’t in good condition either, but he’s definitely better than Taecyeon...” Khun hesitated a moment, “Honestly speaking, I’m afraid that if Taecyeon really is going to have decicive mental breakdown, we’ll soon have two permanently mentally broken brothers.”

“Junho wouldn’t take that. I believe that me, you, Minjun and Chansung could all take that somehow, but Junho definitely doesn’t.”

”You’re right” Nichkhun admitted and continued once more: ”So, Junho got him to talk. Taecyeon had thought that we had been suspecting him about killing you.

“God...”

”But luckily Junho got him to believe the fact that we definitely weren’t thinking like that. It was one of those chances what we had thought of, but it was the last one in the list. None of us could kill a person in any situation, not in past, present or future.”

“Even there was that time when he - “

“Yeah, I know what you mean. I remember it too well. We all do” Nichkhun sighed, ”Well, this is the current situation here. Minjun has healed really well, he even walks small distances. Practically  Chansung and I have been the ones keeping the house uphold.”

Moment later Wooyoung took anchor up from sea. When Nichkhun rowed home, Wooyoung stared to horizon in silence.

 

”Yah!” Wooyoung exclaimed when they were already close the forest line. Now Nichkhun startled, and if there hadn’t been any rowlocks, he would have dropped the left row to the water.

“Stop”, Wooyoung whispered pointing to the forest.

Nichkhun stopped the boat. He looked to the direction Wooyoung was pointing to.

“Look there, behind those trees” Wooyoung whispered pointing yet more sharply.

Now Nichkhun saw it too.

Something moved in the forest.