Lantern

Only ones left

Photo: https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2017/10/30/23/34/lamp-2903830_1280.jpg

 

”Taec, hey, Taec!” Minjun whized. Low-key snoring kept going without interrupting. Minjun sighed. “Why do I even try, Taec never wakes up easily!” he groused. Jun K. jumped down from upper bunk and started to shake and slap this sleeping beast. “Jesus Taec, wake up!”

“Yah, what the hell?!” Taec growled lowly, “What have you made up to again? And why you have to tell it for me at the middle of the night?!”

“There is lantern shining at the outhouse’s window, and it has been like that for too long” Minjun told, “You have to go check that up.”

“Nah, somebody has forgotten the lantern there. Moon is so bright today. Or Chansung has fell asleep there. Again.”

“Yah!”

“I’ll wake everyone if I check if everybody are in their beds.”

“Small pain for a big gain.”

“Well why don’t you go then, if you’re so sure?”

“Aissh!”

 

Minjun got up grumpy and buttoned his pajama shirt before going to the dark corridor. First he checked the room next to theirs. That belong to Khun and Junho. Door was bit open. Minjun heard deep sleep-breathing and both brothers seemed to be in their beds. White-painted wooden door clacked too loud when Jun K. closed it. In last room Woo and Chansung slept as deep as Khun and Junho.

Glad that Chansung doesn’t sleep in upper bed, Minjun thought. Naturally, maknae slept widely.

 

Even Minjun found all brothers from their beds, he still wasn’t convinced. He went back to Taecyeon and said: “Okay bro, let’s go to check that outhouse. I’ll come with you. Now get up!”

“Fine, fine” Taecyeon growled when he understood Minjun wouldn’t give up, “I’ll come.”

  

Moonlight was so bright that brothers didn’t have to fear stumbling. When Taecyeon got downstairs, Jun K. came from kitchen with lantern. They put shoes on and stepped to the porch. Minjun left lantern to porch since yard was so bright. He and Taecyeon walked up-right of yard.

 

When they came to the outhouse, Taec stepped to podium and knocked: “Hello?”

He got no answer. Two brothers changed glances and Taec repeated again. Still no answer.

 “Get me a bough or something.”

Minjun went to search such. Taec looked sea in short distance from them. It peaceful and moonlight got it sparkle in beautiful way. Small, peaceful wind was warm. What a lovely night. That’d be more lovely in the bed seeing nice dreams.

“Here.”

Taec took the bough, turned its thicker head front and tried to get that in to the door chink.

“Does it work?” Minjun asked.

Taller didn’t answer, but added power to get bough forward and up-line towards paddock inside. Minjun looked the taller one working so concentrate. At the same time he was worried. This was too strange.

Sudden clack startled Minjun. Taec threw bough away and wrenched the door open with beastly power.

 

They found Junho, unconscious.