Sunny day

Only ones left

Photo: https://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20141216/09/jusa-132356/92/a2/p/o0800045013160280239.png?caw=800

When Chansung woke, whole room was all light, and he covered his burning eyes with a sheet. His head ached, but only mildly, which was happy surprise for Chansung.

Maknae surprised more when he went downstairs. “I thought I was first awake,”, Chansung said to Minjun, who was as bustle in the kitchen as always.

“Well, Taec has massive headache” Minjun told, “He whined so much I almost feel bad for him and got him bucket.”

“No pain no gain” Chansung said, “How did you know? Junho and Taec invaded your room.”

“Door was open and I heard that whining.”

Chansung sat to his place and took something to eat when Minjun served all to the table.

“Only small breakfast is enough since all of us has hangover for sure.”

“Yeah” Chansung said, eating slowly to prevent sickness.

 

“Morning” Junho greeted Taecyeon, who laid next to him looking like being in pain. Junho noticed the wet area in sheet was whiter than its surround, but dried to dry, hard area.

Taecyeon just grunted. “This headache kills me.”

“Mine is kinda hard also, but we have no hurry” Junho said softly and went very gently right next  to his lover petting him creating again that same relaxing moment as at previous night. They were good to create such moments.

“Don’t make me move even an inch, otherwise I throw up...” Taecyeon grunted.

“I won’t, honey.”

“Sorry about my salivating” beast grunted again. His saliva ran to bed as endless chain.

“You body tries to prevent your mouth not to get harmed by your bile acid, that's perfectly normal. Just relax your muscles now, so the pain will relieve even bit.”

“Urhm...”

 

“Yah!” Taecyeon shouted after long-long time. He covered his face from Sun with his hand at 90 degrees due to his forehead. Light still hurted his eyes more than normal and he felt bit tired. Still he hated being inside alone.

 “What are you doing up there?” he shouted to bros on the roof.

“Heey ~ !” Nichkhun shouted from above, “Is your head better? We have to repair things little bit!”

“Yeah, not fully ok, but much better!” Taec replied, “Wait, I’ll climb there!”

Soon Taec was crouching next to Khun at the roof. Chansung did his own things in a little distance from them giving Taec a happy glance.

“So the storm tear little pieces of the roof?” Taecyeon cleared, not surprised.

Khun nodded.

“Okay, tell me what you want me to do!”

 

“Hey!” Chansung suddenly shouted. Taec and Khun looked to the same direction he did. “What are you doing?” Chansung shouted laughing high.

Brothers saw Wooyoung and Junho at the ground. They had rusty bike, found from storage. Boys seemed to think how it’d work and what way. Different moves were tested, with a laughter. Show got the roof brothers laugh with them.

“Hey” Taec suddenly noticed, “Where’s Jun.K -sshi?”

“I’m here!” Minjun shouted somewhere Taec couldn’t see to.

“Where?” Taecyeon asked chuckling already.

“Cleaning windows under you, so spread your legs that I can clean them too!” Minjun shouted and both bursted laugh. Taec was bit embarrassed, thinking Jun.K hinted about last night. 

 

Wooyoung and Junho had noisy, but happy-spirited discussion what to do with bike and what way.

“How do you know if pedals are working?” Junho asked.

“Well let’s try -“ Wooyoung started and nearly got to jumped on bike, but Junho prevented him,

Ay-ay-ay not like that!” he crouched down to pedals, “Like this!” he led pedals with hands. They span, but not clean way.

“We need to do something to these”, Wooyoung said pointing chains.

“Do we have oil?”

“I don’t know, what if we check your bedroom drawer?” Wooyoung suggested. He looked so ing innocent Junho almost got mad.

“Aissh!” he sizzled and swiped grumpy to Wooyoung’s direction, but Wooyoung just made move to far away and laughed.

“Hey, we all know what you did, just by guessing”, Wooyoung came closer saying this as calming and friendly way.  Junho was sitting and looking Wooyoung for a moment evaluating him. He felt he didn’t want to give up so easily, but didn’t want to argue.

“Actually, I think we should talk a little”, he said at the end.

Wooyoung looked now confused. “What’s the matter?” he asked. Suddenly he scared.

“Nothing bad, I just...Come, let’s go to beach.”

 

”Listen, I didn’t mean to harm you by that” Wooyoung said once more when they came to coast rocks and sat on two of those.

“It’s okay, don’t worry” Junho said, “But that night back then...”

Wooyoung leaned his head to his hands. It was the moment of truth. The moment what he had scared all days long.

“Why did you...?” Junho asked, not wanting to continue. He felt himself difficult, but he wanted to solve this thing out. Junho almost didn’t dare to look his huyng in the eyes, or even towards him.

Following silence felt like forever.

“I’m shaming myself”, Wooyoung finally said.

Junho waited him to continue, but he didn’t. Silence fell on them again.

“To be honest, I don’t know what I’d suppose to say.”

“Me neither.”

Ocean’s waveletting and shining Sun filled the empty space, where both brothers fought with their inner selves.  

”It was just collision of stupid incidents. Don’t you think I wouldn’t understand what you meant back then.” Junho then said.

“Yeah” Wooyoung sighed, “This world is so strange place.”

“Mm...”

Once again, it was silent. Junho started to feel anxious, because situation didn’t progress like it should’ve to.

“Let’s go back. This is waste of time.”

Wooyoung felt like Junho’s sentence would’ve been hit straight to face instead of just words said out. A hit straight to the face with strong fist. Like at that night Taec would’ve been abused him if others wouldn’t have been there, that’s for sure.  

 

He looked Junho with astonished face. Junho stood up from the rock and gave his hand to Wooyoung to grab on and help him up. Shibal, what had he even tried to?!

Wooyoung stood up himself instead receiving Junho’s help. “You insulted me”, he whispered to himself when he started walking after Junho back to house. He neglected Junho out of his sight when going to back yard.

 

Surprisingly, Minjun was now working with bicycle, with a full speed. He washed it carefully.

“Oh, didn’t you have enough windows?” Wooyoung shouted, and Minjun chuckled with big grin.

“Okay, let’s say so then”, he said.

“YAH!” Junho let out big roar, covering his forehead and eyes with right hand.

“Eh?” Taecyeon made a sound, squat-turning on the roof, “What!”

“Do you need one man more up there?”

“Sure! Come here!” Chansung answered.

Junho climbed up and ended to pair with Chansung. “We do same thing as them, but this is quicker with two persons”, maknae said.

“Remove broken piece and...?” Junho started.

“We have removed all broken ones already. Now we have to do little puzzle with bricks and plaster them at their places”, Chansung corrected.

“How do you know that these pieces fit here after all?” Junho asked.

“I’ve modified them.”

“Ah.”

 

“This was the last one?” Nichkhun asked when Chansung had hit brick half, brick by brick. Now they were ready to plaster. Maknae nodded.

“That’s enough. I mean for me also. Eeh..”

Nichkhun climbed back up with brick bucket when Chansung went to have some water from flagon. Right next to house wall was shade and cool. Chansung stood there a while, and let his back lean to wall like crucified, enjoying the coolness against his back.

Just when Chansung was climbing back up, sharp scream cut the air. Gazes dashed to direction of voice, and suddenly celebrating exclaims spread around. Along the grass, Minjun and Wooyoung drove together with that bike; Minjun at front, Wooyoung at back.

“We had photo where I looked just like them after I got my first bicycle”, Taecyeon chuckled. Others were also laughing and cheering. Minjun and Wooyoung really were like little boys.

CRUNTCH!  

OUAAA ~ !!”

Wooyoung and Minjun had crashed to the ground with their mouths open from confusion, when bike had broken under them and exploded to pieces with loud bang. One quick moment everyone were confused, until Chansung as first cracked up laughing his off. Others cracked up after he had, and soon all four brothers were dying in laughter. Minjun and Wooyoung took a little more time to realize the happen, but in the end they also laughed rolling on the ground.

“This can’t be happening! Aigoo!Minjun exclaimed from the middle of laughing and slam his hand against the ground while laughing so hard that stomach hurted.

”Chansung-sshi, don’t fall from there!” Taec warned maknae chortling, and again cracked up again. Chansung laughed his loud-dolphin laugh so loose brothers got to be happy that he haven’t already fell from ladders.

  ”Somebody winch him up before he fells!” Taecyeon chortled and reached towards ladders.

 

”Hand me a cig.”

”What, for you?” Taecyeon asked not believing what he had just heard.

Everyone sat now at the porch of bath cottage towels around their waists after refreshing wash. Light, calm rain refreshed also air out, so that moment was extremely nice - until someone remembered that plaster may not had been perfectly dried at every part before rain had started. But since they were so tired, nobody didn’t care anymore; that was the worry of tomorrow.

“Yeah yeah, give it here already!” Chansung insisted with hand-gestures, “Hey, I’ve smoked earlier.”

“You’ve always been drunk”, Taec reminded.

“Still.”

“Actually, I’d have one too once we’re talking about this”, Nichkhun said suddenly.

“Okay, okay” Taec said, “I understand you guys. Even you smoke only when drunk, this moment is definitely the moment worth of cig. That’s why I’ll have one too.”

Ye, it’s the thing missing.”

Chansung and Nichkhun lighted their cigs. Wooyoung stretched himself up, left and right. “I could fall asleep here”, he said lazy.

”We should do something for that forest”, Minjun said pointing forest at the opposite of yard.

“Let’s think that tomorrow”, Taecyeon said as lazy as Woo.

“This world really makes sure we have never boring time”, Nichkhun said and others were nodding accepting.

"As if we've been woken up just to do this neverending labour camp", Wooyoung said, and everyone went silent. Again they were in that burning point: why they were here, if any other people didn't?  

“Those fallen trees must have to be chopped in pieces, then make half as staves and the other half as firewoods”, Minjun broke the silence getting all of them back to this moment. Wooyoung haven't done anything bad, but this was the question that popped out regularly and made brothers serious and even depressed.

“We have a good stock of staves” Taec said trying to continue as nothing had happen, “Let’s put all of those as firewoods so we can have that one out of schedule. Oh brother...”

”I get tired of even thinking about tomorrow” Chansung said blowing smoke out, “Forest. Roof. And there’s always something more...Aiishh...”

”Let’s sleep our night well at first. Tomorrow we have new strength”, Minjun said transforming to Daegu grandpa with his wise words.

“Then we could play baseball if we’re not too tired to”, Nichkhun suggested.

“We’ll see...” Chansung said yawning widely.