Chapter 17

In Your Arms.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The ride back to Jongin's apartment was totally silent. Changwook had to leave after receiving an urgent phone call from one of his men. The kidnappers were brutally murdered in prison by an unknown person.

 

On getting to Jongin's mansion, Rita carefully carried the sleeping boys to their room and lay them on the bed. She set the bathtub and poured some bubble body wash into the water.

 

She gave the boys their bath one at a time until she was finally done with everything.

She covered the sleeping kids with a thick blanket before exiting the room. 

 

She had so many thoughts running through her mind that she didn't see Jongin coming towards her direction and she bumped into him, right against the chest.

 

She whimpered in pain before standing straight. "I'm sorry Sir, it was my mistake." She bowed and quickly walked away to her room before Jongin could say a word to her.

 

Jongin sighed as he regretted yelling at her. She wasn't at fault, but he angrily pour out his frustration on her and blamed her for everything.

 

He went to the children's room to check on them and he saw that they were sleeping soundly while they were already wearing nice and comfortable clothes.

 

He kissed their forehead and left the room. Now his mind was judging him seriously that he couldn't even drink a glass of water without thinking about Rita.

 

"I'm such a fool." He muttered and got up from his bed. He ruffled his hair and walked out of his room heading  straight to Rita's room. He pushed the door open without knocking, but he was so shocked to see blood stain on her bed.

 

Jongin felt his heart clenched at the sight in front of him. This was all his fault and now she's suffering for nothing.

 

"Rita you're hurt." Jongin's voice was low in pure regret as he made his way into the room and sat beside her on the bed.

 

"Rita you're hurt and you didn't tell me, why?" Jongin's voice was soft and Rita lifted her head up to look at Jongin . At that moment he saw the fingers of slaps on both sides on her face.

 

Immediately, Jongin's heart sank in pain. He traced where her hand was holding and his eyes fell to her bleeding left ribs.

 

"Oh god." Jongin was shocked at the condition she was in. He quickly stood and rush over to his room, he took the first aid kit and rush back to Rita's room.  

 

"Please let me treat you, you're badly injured, please."

 

Rita said nothing and simply lay on her back, giving the man free access to her wounded ribs.

 

Jongin gently applied the treatment on the injured skin and he bandaged the injury.

 

"How did this happen?" Jongin asked while covering the injuries.

 

"I got this injury immediately after the gunshot and Taesuk was pulled away from my hand after I fell to the ground." She explained but never looked at Jongin.

 

'That means it was a planned work, and I was busy yelling at her as if it was her fault.' Jongin thought and more regret wash over him.

 

"I'm so sorry Rita. I yelled at you for no reason. Please forgive me" He apologized to her, and she simply nodded her head without looking at him, not even once.

 

Jongin knew very well that he has hurt her beyond what only apologizing can fix. He never intended to make someone who's so lively become so sad all of a sudden.

 

He got up and left the room with the first aid kit, while his heart was heavy with pain.

 

After he was out of the room, Rita let her tears flow like  a river. She was in so much pain, but it was nothing compared to the pain she saw in Jongin's eyes. He was sorry, very sorry but she just couldn't look at him as she felt that she was really nothing to him apart from just a common maid.


 

🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉🕉


 

It was so early in the morning, when a knock at the front door stirred Baekhyun and Seoyeon up from their sleep. 

 

"Who could that be?" Seoyeon asked before giving the CEO a questioning look.

 

"I don't know." Baekhyun glance at the wall clock, it was past 4 a.m in the morning. "Wait here, I will go and check." He stepped out of the bed and went straight to the living room to open the door, and when he did, he was quite surprised to see Jongin, his kids, Rita and another man, a man he knew very well. His best friend who he considers to be an elder brother who is also an ex mafia but now a military man, they were standing in front of him.

 

"Please come in." He said quickly and once they were in he carried his sons and kissed them on their forehead.

 

"Why are they not so lively? What happened?" Baekhyun asked, but just then Seoyeon came out from the room with sleepy eyes, but the moment she saw the boys, and ran to them and hug them in Baekhyun's arms.

 

"Darling what happened? Why are the kids so moody?" Seoyeon's heart was troubled and she needed an answer to her question, but Jongin held her by the hand and sat her on the couch before giving her a glass of water to drink.

 

"Taesuk was almost kidnapped yesterday at the park, but thanks to Changwook the kidnapping was prevented." Jongin finally break the news and Seoyeon's heart sank in fear that the glass of water in her hand fell to the ground.

 

Rita quickly rushed over to Seoyeon and held her still.

 

"Please big sister, you have to calm down. tension is not good for your condition." Rita said, trying to calm her down, but Seoyeon also noticed the marks on her face and the way her position was and she immediately knew that something was wrong.

 

"Rita are you okay?" She asked and Jongin quickly looked at her and sighed.

 

"She's not. She was cut with a knife on her left side and also received slaps on the face when she tried saving Taesuk. It's all my fault." Jongin sighed but Baekhyun said nothing. He stared at Rita and Jongin, and immediately he recalled what DaeYoung said about having a female spy so close to him, and he looked away from her.

 

He took his kids to their room and lay them comfortably on the bed and went back to the living room.

 

"Rita please come over here." Baekhyun called in such a cold and emotionless tone, and she did stand in front of him.

 

"Yes Sir."

 

Baekhyun said nothing but looked away from her and walked over to his best friend Changwook and hugged him.

 

"Thanks for coming, I thought you won't make it here on time."

 

"Hey man, you should know me by now. I will do anything for you and your family ."

 

"Thanks man." Baekhyun smiled. "You know when Jongin mention that he has a friend in the military with the name's Ji Changwook I became curious and decided to verify if you're really the Changwook I know. Thanks again for coming."

 

"My pleasure."

 

Jongin was taken aback by the whole scene. "So you both already know each other?"

 

"Yes, from childhood. I called him over for something important."

 

"And what could that be?" Jongin ask in a serious tone.

 

"Well, I received a call from DaeYoung yesterday and he mentioned something about having a female spy right here in my house, so I want to clear my doubt and make sure everyone is safe, so I called him here."

 

"Clear your doubt?" Jongin questioned and looked at Rita who was just standing quietly with her head bowed low.

 

"Are you trying to say that Rita is the spy? My Rita?!" Jongin's raised his tone at Baekhyun for the first time and it was indeed a great shock to both Baekhyun and Rita.

 

"No Jongin, please calm down and hear me out."

 

"Well I don't want to hear you out, Baekhyun. She almost lost her life. She was bleeding so much yesterday all because of me and my silly temper. Now you ask her to stand here as if she's some evil person or an outcast." Jongin gently held her hand and pulled her to himself.

 

"Well Baekhyun if you assume that she's a spy, then I guess we're not needed here. I'm already regretting my actions because I was so foolish to blame her, but not anymore." Jongin held her hand and walked away without pulling or forcefully dragging her, but rather he was so gentle with her as he drove back home.

 

Baekhyun was shocked at his friend's behavior and he looked at his wife who was equally angry at him.

 

"Baek I'm so disappointed in you if what Jongin just said is true."

 

"Oh, really?" Baekhyun asked as he sat beside his wife on the couch, "What if it's not, what you're going to do about it then?" He whispers and she blushed immediately.

 

"Oh come on, Jongin is hurt and you're here teasing your beautiful wife?" Changwook asked and Seoyeon blushed even harder.

 

"Well, I will introduce myself since my younger brother is too busy admiring his beautiful wife."

 

"I'm Ji Changwook, a major general in the army. It's nice to meet you, and so you k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter